Polk Monitor 11's ~ Rare ~

Comments

• rxonmymind
    rxonmymind Posts: 19
    Wow! Congrats Scuba. I was just searching for RTA's but none were as nice as these!
    Beautiful.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    DSkip wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to risk shipping speakers of this vintage as its a total loss if damaged.

That was my biggest fear as I was speaking to Jesse over the weekend. Would have been crushing to see these damaged

Congrats

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Al, no hard feelings here. I understand what happened. I wish you'd made your interest known beforehand, but that didn't happen... water under the bridge! I really have no need to have these, since I spent about 8 years with another pair. Just occurred to me yesterday that I wanted them. Was thinking I'd rotate them in and out when I felt like a change, but really not a necessity.

As for holding them for you and using them, I think it's best that I pass. Very kind of you to offer! But... my cat has never damaged anything around here, but with my luck, he'd suddenly decide to test his claws out! Or, I'd get rear-ended by a trash truck while transporting them. Or worst of all, I'd decline to release them to you! We don't want to go down that road... >:)

Seriously, no doubt in my mind you'll enjoy them. You're getting some real nice speakers. Enjoy! :)
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    ;) Sorry Jesse... ;) I might have to back out... ;)

Found these locally, and with a model name like Giga Sound and for only a couple hundred and change more, surely they must be better speakers... right? They have blue lights! ;););););)

***In case it's not abundantly obvious, I'm not really backing out, but I am hypnotized by that blue glow...***

snacr88uc1fb.jpg
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I'm sure Jesse can install some RGB LED strips (w remote) on the back of the Monitor 11's that can provide mood lighting for you. If you spring for the "upgrade" he might even add the kind you can get to sync with the music and change color and pulse...

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,421
    Yea no RGB put in strob lighting... then eat the little piece of paper or dot which you may have local....

>:)
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    nbrowser wrote: »
    I'm sure Jesse can install some RGB LED strips (w remote) on the back of the Monitor 11's that can provide mood lighting for you. If you spring for the "upgrade" he might even add the kind you can get to sync with the music and change color and pulse...

RGB...ugh the bane of my existence when building custom PCs...it's hideous!

I wouldn’t buy anything that is RGB if my life depended on it. The only way I would is if I could make it stay a single color, preferably white. Gaming computers are awesome, but the RGB makes them hard to look at, so I will find myself an old workstation and upgrade it beyond belief... but not with RGB. :lol:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    scubalab wrote: »
    ;) Sorry Jesse... ;) I might have to back out... ;)

Found these locally, and with a model name like Giga Sound and for only a couple hundred and change more, surely they must be better speakers... right? They have blue lights! ;););););)

***In case it's not abundantly obvious, I'm not really backing out, but I am hypnotized by that blue glow...***

snacr88uc1fb.jpg

You a funny man......haha
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    The RGB backlight kits corn TVa are actually pretty cool. I’m getting one for each of my TVs. Likely live most of their lives as blue but nice to be able to to change if needed
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,225
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yea no RGB put in strob lighting... then eat the little piece of paper or dot which you may have local....

>:)

Another good one Pit
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    @scubalab & @F1nut - FYI, here's the manual for them (I found it somewhere in my archives). lol.

Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • F1nut
    Very cool Victor, thanks.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,421
    Nice Victor
    I have some mw6600 if you'd like some spares.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Happy to help :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Thanks so much Victor!!
  • F1nut
    Here are the schematics in case anyone needs them. Al, you still get paper copies.

ihaxseejya1l.jpg

knj6e0wcm0qw.jpg

President of Club Polk

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Why isn't there a Not Like button? :'(

Seriously, enjoy them Al - great speaks! :)
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    You could always flag it, Ed :p
  • F1nut
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

Seriously, enjoy them Al - great speaks! :)

Well, I do have those black dots for you.......I know, I know

President of Club Polk

• I have several pairs of Polks love them , a guy gave me a set of monitor 11 cabinets that have been gutted and I would love to bring them back . Can you send me a copy of the schematic you have ? Midwest Speaker Repair has the tweeters and drivers but no passives
  • F1nut
    The schematics are posted in this thread.

President of Club Polk

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,518
    On this page of this thread, even. ^^^^
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • @Billyjams This is what you are looking for. Filename is wrong (RTA11t orig) and it is in the RTA section.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021930/uploads/attachments/4/6/7/2/8/18706.pdf

31k8wo0dozjk.jpg
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,937
    Would you take $250 Jesse? I can be there tomorrow and we can watch the super bowl together
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    Sure Trey B)

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,937
    🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.