Polk Monitor 11's ~ Rare ~

These are what the Monitor 10's should have been.

My father purchased these new in 1984 from Soundscape in Baltimore after he and my mother attended a New Year's Eve party at Matt Polk's house. They have been in their living room ever since. Unfortunately, I don't have room to keep them.

The Monitor 11 also known as the Model 11 and/or the Monitor R.T.A. 11 corrects the inherent comb filter flaw of the Monitor 10 by restricting the frequency of one mid-driver. They also have a sheet of acoustic foam directly below that mid-driver to control the excessive bass of the 10's. Because of that they are distinct left and right speakers.

I replaced the original rotted acoustic foam a few years ago and installed Larry's rings. Everything else is original. I have cleaned and treated the fuse, fuse holder and binding posts with Pro Gold. I also re-oiled the cabinets, so they are good for years to come. The condition is remarkable for being 34 years old. The walnut veneer is chip free with only a few small nicks. The grills are original and damage free. The only real issue is there are 3 nicks on the black bezel of the right speaker, which of course can't be seen with the grill on and are difficult to see with it off. I may have the owner's manual, but can't promise that one. However, I do have the schematic, which goes with the speakers.

Price: $275.00

Payment: PayPal, cash or check if I know you.

Shipping: I do not have the boxes, but if you want to make arrangements to have them shipped I'll help out. Otherwise pickup or delivery in the Baltimore-Washington, Northern Virginia region.

6dnidwryzi11.jpg

zxf506hy6acz.jpg

eeeb5g3qhx2u.jpg

pml48ll8zl7b.jpg

4ruacv638g02.jpg

sgb8ejl3xjcv.jpg

md660d7f5nz0.jpg
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments