Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• ThomasD
    ThomasD Posts: 260
    Very true. But regardless of where the speaker is located, a price of $1500 for that particular pair of 2.3's in their current condition is still outrageous in my opinion. I'd pay the shipping & cost for those SDA's in WA. long before I'd purchase the more local pair due to the better apparent shape they're in. I think the owner here is just trying to take advantage of some unsuspecting buyer. But he can put any price on them he wants because they're his and someone may think they've purchased the deal of the century.
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, 4070, 1030, APPJ 2013, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Crazy I've seen 2.3tl's sell here fully with all mods for 1500.00 and completely re-veneered in a very nice wood.
    Dont look back at them
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited April 2018
    There's a fool born every day... :s

But then again, Location, location, location! ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    diarmadhim wrote: »

These have been for sale for quite some time because
    A. The guy is a douchebag
    B. They are rediculously overpriced
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    audioluvr wrote: »
    These have been for sale for quite some time because
    A. The guy is a douchebag
    B. They are rediculously overpriced

I just read the listing and I am going to go with "A + B".
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    But he's willing to trade if you have a "DVD/Bluray collection of several thousand good titles"

No, "Debbie Does Dallas" is not a "good title".
  • Tony M
    Clipdat wrote: »
    But he's willing to trade if you have a "DVD/Bluray collection of several thousand good titles"

No, "Debbie Does Dallas" is not a "good title".

Those might be the kind he's referring to. ;)
  • audioluvr
    ^^^ pshya! That's a great title!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    ^^^^ nice looking! Walnut too!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• Clipdat
    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/polk-audio-sda-reference/6572649118.htm

"Price is fair and firm." - What do you think guys? $525 is fair?

00p0p_e11KB0q6YNb_1200x900.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    So fair it is gone
  • audioluvr
    ^^^^ what he said
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• Clipdat
    He also had the original link cable!
  • Tony M
    If you've ever heard the SRS2's, it's hard NOT to want your own pair IF you have the room for them to breathe ( But I have seen a pair in a bedroom and they sounded pretty impressive there too. ) and a strong back to handle them. And a strong groin too I might add. :#

If you have to bring them upstairs, may God help you. o:)
  • kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    ThomasD wrote: »
    kmeek wrote: »
    Ok guys what is a good price on a set of 3.1TL's???

These came available in my area but seem kind of high.... What are your thoughts? Thanks

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ele/d/speakers-vintage-polk-audio/6548448698.html

hpjuusxtl4y0.jpg

@kmeek What did you decide on these? I see they are still available. I'm considering starting to negotiate with the owner but only if your not interested in them. Thanks

@ThomasD Sorry about that I was off grid for a couple of days...... Go for it and hope you get them.
  • kmeek
    OK so I am supposed to go look at a pair of 1.2 TL's that I might have a chance to buy.
    My first time looking at a pair of the big boys....
    Is there anything I should look out for when I am inspecting and listening to them??

Thanks, Any help would be appreciated......

I would die a happy camper if I can rope these (just hopefully not a day after I get them) I'm just saying...... lol!
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    I think the main thing on the big ones is the passive. I would inspect them good because they are almost unobtainable. The rest is just like any other speaker,push test,check for seized drivers.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited April 2018
    Holy moly!!! Soooo much want.

@mdaudioguy that's in your backyard isn't it?
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    False advertising! Good catch @erniejade ! Still a deal, IMO.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    Not a bad deal but there is a much cleaner pair on CL in that same area for a couple more bucks. They were posted a couple pages back in this thread i believe.
  • FestYboy
    ^ true, maybe I should get both? :*:#
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2018
  • FestYboy
    edited April 2018
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Oh common, out with it! No need to pull punches here. ;)
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2018
    FestYboy wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Oh common, out with it! No need to pull punches here. ;)

Erniejade beat me to it i failed to read far enough ;)
  • Viking64
    TL = True Love
  • audioluvr
    Viking64 wrote: »
    TL = True Love

What. No grammar correction??? Slipping...

Oh common,
    erniejade wrote: »
    Thoes are not TL.

;)
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• Viking64
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »
    TL = True Love

What. No grammar correction??? Slipping...

Oh common,
    erniejade wrote: »
    Thoes are not TL.

;)

Swallow.
  • kmeek
    Well I got them. Now I didn't notice this until I got them home and have them right next to each other. They don't appear to be a matched set. I have the left and right speaker and they both appear to be TL's. The left speaker top and bottom caps are thicker than the right one and has more of a red hue to the oak where the right is more golden....

Should I be concerned?

They sound great and I did not notice the differences when they were in normal listening positionrvnd99mfb8kv.jpg

au4b4vnpmfa2.jpg

cq1wdceu83mk.jpg

tf3cni3ph6h7.jpg