Nostalgia: Things You Had Growing Up

Comments

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    A few years ago I bought all five seasons of The Six Dollar Man on DVD. I don't think I've ever enjoyed watching a DVD Set more. I just sat there and smiled the entire time I was watching it. I couldn't remember any of the episodes except I remembered Bigfoot and Death Probe. One of the coolest TV shows ever. Jaime Sommers was my first crush, but things didn't works out after the restraining order. Mindy from Mork & Mindy wasn't bad either.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    verb wrote: »
    Why Jimmy, I didn't know you cared! :smile:

And I didn't know you spoke Russian! That must come in real handy when watching Sergei Tarkovsky films. :p
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Hermitism wrote: »
    A few years ago I bought all five seasons of The Six Dollar Man on DVD. I don't think I've ever enjoyed watching a DVD Set more. I just sat there and smiled the entire time I was watching it. I couldn't remember any of the episodes except I remembered Bigfoot and Death Probe. One of the coolest TV shows ever. Jaime Sommers was my first crush, but things didn't works out after the restraining order. Mindy from Mork & Mindy wasn't bad either.

Loved that show! The lifting body aircraft at the beginning of each episode furthered my interest in aerospace!
    hpaam2g1mkko.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Viking64 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    Why Jimmy, I didn't know you cared! :smile:

And I didn't know you spoke Russian! That must come in real handy when watching Sergei Tarkovsky films. :p

Вы получили это право ! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    My first "real" RC car.

hfsag1l3nbqu.jpg
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I had an Amiga.

Screen-Shot-2015-07-23-at-11.10.08-AM-640x387.png
  • Hermitism
    My parents got me a Texas Instruments TI-99 and literally a couple months after I got it, they discontinued it and all it's accessories. Should have gone with the Commodore 64.

6l268k2iohw8.jpg
  • Hermitism
    gmcman wrote: »
    My first "real" RC car.

hfsag1l3nbqu.jpg
    In college a buddy I worked with got me into RC cars. Man, did that get expensive. I bought, I think it's was called, a JRX2 Pro.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    nbrowser wrote: »
    I used to have one of these to play with, Tandy 1000 RL desktop PC! It had a blazing fast 8086 processor, 640K memory and 3.5' Floppy drive and a spacious 20 MEGABYTE hard drive! It ran DOS and Tandy Deskmate software and had a few really low res games with it but honestly...my first computer, now I sit here punching this out on a overclocked i7 7700K with 32 gigs of DDR4 memory and a 480Gb SSD with graphics delivered by a GeForce GTX 1080 (non-Ti). I'm fairly certain my iPhone 6S Plus smokes the old Tandy in every respect performance wise.

by9c63z4kepi.jpg

We have one of those in the basement ;)
    Don't be knockin' the 8086 -- it was the first (well, at least the first common) true 16 bit microprocessor in wide use. The 8088 used in the iconic "IBM PC", if memory serves, has a 16 bit bus, but the guts only handled data 8 bits at a time.

:)
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @nbrowser I had the TRS-80, that thing with the red button is the "mass storage device"br0ve1263s6i.jpg
  • Viking64
    afterburnt wrote: »
    @nbrowser I had the TRS-80, that thing with the red button is the "mass storage device"

You should probably upgrade your HD.

b8ntv7oa746e.jpg
  • Viking64
    You do realize the thing with the red button...is a tape drive, right? I remember loading programs on a Commodore 64 via the classic compact cassette, yes the same type of tape that a lot of cars came with, etc.

Y so srs?
  • afterburnt
    Look Ma, I am normal!
  • Hermitism
    edited April 2018
    You do realize the thing with the red button...is a tape drive, right? I remember loading programs on a Commodore 64 via the classic compact cassette, yes the same type of tape that a lot of cars came with, etc.
    My TI-99 used one of those tape drives. If you used a cheap quality tape you'd lose all your data. Happened to me. I still have that tape drive somewhere, but gave the computer away.

• Viking64
    Y U so puggy? :)

I think I just found the answer to your question. :)

ootca42kmh47.jpg
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    at4l394yblqz.jpg
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • afterburnt
    "He's fully jointed" I thought those cowboys were rolling tobacco?
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    My first computer.

wc29r3kxv6il.jpeg
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    LOL. That I remember.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Dime store candy... a handful for just a few cents
    si19gd8fk4zp.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Dime store candy... a handful for just a few cents
    si19gd8fk4zp.jpg

Baseball Cards came with that gum....Some of those old cards are worth a WHOLE lot of money...
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    edited April 2018
    BlueFox wrote: »
    My first computer.

wc29r3kxv6il.jpeg

Jesse's first computer

jsq94yeswuxg.jpg

Sorry Jesse, just kiddin' with ya because your such a good sport
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited April 2018
    audioluvr wrote: »

Sorry Jesse, just kiddin' with ya because your such a good sport

He just puts up with us because he knows he'll out live us by centuries.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Hermitism
    For anyone that didn't have cable TV in the 80's, do you remember "Friday Night Videos"? Came on after the 11 o'clock news. It was like MTV for people that didn't have cable TV. Well, back when MTV stood for Music Television and not reality TV.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    That'd be me! I still don't have cable, or anything other kind of paid service, I'm rocking an antenna. Only down side is I can't get Fox any more because they decided to quit broadcasting on the tower I could "see". Funny thing: I can get signal from MD and DE but not from my back yard... Time to upgrade the array.