Nostalgia: Things You Had Growing Up

Options

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    Remember the Christmas special where they landed and had coffee (?) together?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I have my father's 302 (if memory serves) in the basement.

Freakin noice, dude! (Vermont accent)

cvj63v44ei80.jpg

BOSS!!...Cool stuff on this thread guys!...
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    How appropriate for today!
    gptg7umaz6j2.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I have my father's 302 (if memory serves) in the basement.

Freakin noice, dude! (Vermont accent)

cvj63v44ei80.jpg

Not that kind of 302.
    Had one of those, though, too -- in this (speaking of nostalgia):

14803393032_89de782588_b.jpgbronchusspiffed by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • verb
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »

I do not! Interesting - reminds me of the story - Christmas Truce of 1914 where the Germans and British troops spontaneously ceased fire and celebrated Christmas together!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Options
    I also built these two models. Man, how did I forget?
    k395p3f8ceff.jpg
    rqdjgpw7847i.jpg
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    verb wrote: »

I do not! Interesting - reminds me of the story - Christmas Truce of 1914 where the Germans and British troops spontaneously ceased fire and celebrated Christmas together!

Actually..that is not too far fetched as there was an amazing amount of chivalry practiced among those WWI flyers...as for the Christmas Truce..If you ever can get hold of a movie called Joyeux Noel..I highly recommend that you see it..it is very good...
  • verb
    Options
    Snoopy would be proud. My new Sopwith Camel kit!
    balgg57v8z2e.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    1) I built that "visible Wankel". As I recall, the fit of the parts wasn't quite first rate. Maybe as good as actual Wankels though ;) As I recall, they didn't have the best reputation for reliability -- and I also recall a reputation for burning oil.

2) Seems oddly aprops, given the Snoopy tie-in, that the Sopwith Camel kit above appears to be an ARF* plane :)

• verb
    Options
    Hehe yes! All the surfaces are already covered! You still have to install the servos, attach control surfaces, engine, and your ready to go! I did spend a lot of time weathering the look, as the coverings came high gloss.

Arf Arf! :smile:
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Snoopy would be proud. My new Sopwith Camel kit!
    balgg57v8z2e.jpg

Should have gotten this one

https://youtu.be/fbITzCI2AU0
  • Tony M
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Ouch! L20,000 to L40,000 .
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Hehe yes! All the surfaces are already covered! You still have to install the servos, attach control surfaces, engine, and your ready to go! I did spend a lot of time weathering the look, as the coverings came high gloss.

I have built an ARF -- for/with my son, quite a few years back.
    Fly it did. :)
  • verb
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    The unwritten rule with RC aircraft is that it’s not a question of if they will crash, but when!
  • afterburnt
    Options

shadap Sandy
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,695
    Options

I have never seen the rotary version, but I built the Visible V-8 in 1981. It worked fine for a while, but then the plastic reacted to the oil I used to lube it and the crank snapped. :p
  • verb
    Options

I have never seen the rotary version, but I built the Visible V-8 in 1981. It worked fine for a while, but then the plastic reacted to the oil I used to lube it and the crank snapped. :p

Just like real life! Can't be puttin Crisco in the crankcase! :smiley:
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Crisco in the can?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,695
    Options
    Just like real life! Can't be puttin Crisco in the crankcase! :smiley:

on7fiu9dhvun.jpg

• verb
    edited April 2018
    Options

shadap Sandy

Cowling all weathered up. Removed the film off the struts to expose the natural wood! :smile:
    n7qmwayhy58b.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    Options

shadap Sandy

Cowling all weathered up. Removed the film off the struts to expose the natural wood! :smile:
    n7qmwayhy58b.jpg

Need to put a itty-bitty radial on that.

:)

1brmsobqe5w0.png
  • verb
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Electric power my man! Funny, you can buy a amplifier/speaker combo for this baby that has digital files broadcasting exactly what the original Clerget Rotary sounded like! :smile:

Edited for correct spelling of rotary, before @Viking64 jumps on me! :smile:
  • verb
    Options
    Why Jimmy, I didn't know you cared! :smile: