Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    1C's in the Seattle area. Look nice and just serviced by his speaker guy (inductor oil change...).

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ele/d/polk-audio-sda-1/6558525003.html
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    They just dont makeum like this anymore
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    FestYboy wrote: »

Go get em Festivus! :smiley:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    audioluvr wrote: »
    1C's in the Seattle area. Look nice and just serviced by his speaker guy (inductor oil change...).

Are those early 1C's? Interesting IC interface.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb

@f1nut are you cleaning house? :smile:
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    verb wrote: »

Go get em Festivus! :smiley:

If'n I had the scratch, the 2.3s in b-more would me mine over these. Not that I'm opposed, of course, but if you can go big...
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471

Asking price is rather optimistic. Took me a long time to get less than half of that for my pair.
  • audioluvr
    verb wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »

Are those early 1C's? Interesting IC interface.

Just noticed that. Looks like someone modified the IC port
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    https://denver.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-sda-srs-23-speakers/6560407396.html

2.3’s

The seller is a very nice guy, has a ton of audio €rap in his garage...

• @Toolfan66 is that the same guy you picked up that set of CRS+'s from?
    The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    @Toolfan66 is that the same guy you picked up that set of CRS+'s from?

Yes!!

• Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    2.3s came up in DFW area
    https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/d/polk-sda-23/6561797444.html
    He's also got some SRS for $1300....
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    This is a RUN, DON'T WALK package price on a pair of Monitor 5Jr AND a pair of Monitor 10s (with Peerless tweets!) in Virginia:

https://lynchburg.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-monitor-10s-and/6553915000.html
  • FestYboy
    scubalab wrote: »
    This is a RUN, DON'T WALK package price on a pair of Monitor 5Jr AND a pair of Monitor 10s (with Peerless tweets!) in Virginia:

https://lynchburg.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-monitor-10s-and/6553915000.html

Since you got a head start, you'll beat me to them. That is a great deal for earlier 10As and 5jr+.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Nah... I wouldn't have posted them here to tease the members if I was after them! I don't need them, but someone should grab them!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Smallies wrote: »
    xjghost wrote: »
    I have a set of 3.1's. From what I understand they are much rarer of SDA speakers of the SDA line. That being said if I were to put mine out three I'd ask $850 and be firm on my price. But I have a full set of larry's rings to install and I replaced the tweeters too. Then again SDA's don't come up that often here in South Carolina.

Just looking at that single tweeter and where it is, you cannot expect this speaker to do everything well...and that single dimensional driver. I liked the mw-03 array but not the most versatile speaker say for rock. Has anyone actually heard sda affect on these things? So we got a bit better than 1C's but barely deserve the SRS designation if at all. Anyone believe this crap?

1. SDA is not an effect or as you stated affect, that driver only sends out a reversed phase signal to cancel cross talk. Only one driver did that in many of the SDA series.
    2. No speaker does "everything" well.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Just looking at that single tweeter and where it is, you cannot expect this speaker to do everything well...and that single dimensional driver. I liked the mw-03 array but not the most versatile speaker say for rock. Has anyone actually heard sda affect on these things? So we got a bit better than 1C's but barely deserve the SRS designation if at all. Anyone believe this crap?

Let me get this straight: We're ranting in indignation over the design choices, or perhaps the model-naming choices, of a speaker that hasn't been produced in 27 years?

...gonna see if I can stoke up the proper levels of anger on this one, but I'll join you if I manage to get properly pissed.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • ThomasD
    ThomasD Posts: 260
    ujmyu2b7ewky.jpg
    https://anchorage.craigslist.org/ele/d/stereo-and-hifi-heaven/6566767406.html

I was just contacted by the person I bought a pair of SDA 2A's from that these were available for $1900.
    Am I really missing something about this picture or is that 'crack' pipe making the rounds again?
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, 4070, 1030, APPJ 2013, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • audioluvr
    edited April 2018
    So we got a bit better than 1C's but barely deserve the SRS designation if at all. Anyone believe this crap?

So you are trying to compare the transitional speakers from non SRS to SRS and I can tell you from personal experience, because I was fortunate enough to audition all the SDA's in the same room with the same equipment (albeit 30 years ago) that there is a difference as you step up the line. It may not be very noticeable from say the 1C to the SRS2 or 3.1 but it is there. I believe the 3.1 is rare because it came out at the end of the SDA era when demand was going to narrow towers.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• audioluvr
    RTA 11TL's for sale in the Portland area. No affiliation

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/ele/d/polk-audio-real-time-array/6566786366.html
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,164
    ThomasD wrote: »
    ujmyu2b7ewky.jpg

I was just contacted by the person I bought a pair of SDA 2A's from that these were available for $1900.
    Am I really missing something about this picture or is that 'crack' pipe making the rounds again?

What a shame that every dust cap on those 2.3TL's are pushed in. No telling what other abuse they suffered.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
  • ThomasD
    ujmyu2b7ewky.jpg

What a shame that every dust cap on those 2.3TL's are pushed in. No telling what other abuse they suffered.
    ujmyu2b7ewky.jpg

The owner is now down to $1500.00 and says the dust caps are a non issue, they pull out easily !! No grill surrounds, no IC, looks like the cap is damaged. Can't believe anyone would ask anything near that in this condition. Thinking of offering $400, not sure if they are worth that but they are only the 2nd SDA's that have come up for sale in the state this winter. I bought the last pair.
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, 4070, 1030, APPJ 2013, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited April 2018
    ujmyu2b7ewky.jpg

ujmyu2b7ewky.jpg

The owner is now down to $1500.00 and says the dust caps are a non issue, they pull out easily !! No grill surrounds, no IC, looks like the cap is damaged. Can't believe anyone would ask anything near that in this condition. Thinking of offering $400, not sure if they are worth that but they are only the 2nd SDA's that have come up for sale in the state this winter. I bought the last pair.

400.00 would be about right. The dust caps can be pulled out with a vacuum. I've done it many times. The seller is way too high on price for not having grill or cable not too mention the possibility if damage.
  • ThomasD
    Never mind. Now they need some speaker foam replacements and might have scratchy drivers (magnet separation??). He’s convinced they’re worth the $1500 as is. Not to me.
  • FestYboy
    edited April 2018
    https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-speakers/6526197732.html

No affiliation, and I'm torn between these and a pair of 2.3s :#
  • nikonik
    nikonik Posts: 120
    ujmyu2b7ewky.jpg

ujmyu2b7ewky.jpg

Send him this link. Perhaps he will rethink his price.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/401506311994
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    You guys realize that shipping anything to Alaska is a PITA right? How’s many SDAs you think are up there?

Location plays a role in price. Those 650 SDAs May cost 650 to get up to Alaska making it a non deal lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)