Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 713
    Clipdat wrote: »

Well looks like it includes his personal "vintage" copy of Magical Mystery Tour ...
    Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; LSiFX ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Rythmik F12SE

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,699
    ^ not listed in the add, nor is there mention of the IC cable. I believe someone needs to put the crack pipe down... :#
  • verbverb Posts: 7,645
    FestYboy wrote: »
    ^ not listed in the add, nor is there mention of the IC cable. I believe someone needs to put the crack pipe down... :#

So you're saying you'd pay $2K if the IC was included? :smiley:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,309
    edited April 2018
    verb wrote: »

No doubt who needs to put the crack pipe down now lol
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,699

Maybe if I was also on the receiving end of said crack pipe... :*
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,136
    Polk Audio Monitor Series 10 Speakers - $250

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/polk-audio-monitor-series-10/6555095668.html

Asking price is high, imo.

00D0D_bLDkKw9Hvq6_1200x900.jpg

00t0t_wfmumLA01j_1200x900.jpg
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,334
    Not sure if those are cat scratches or cave drawings on the top...
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,233
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Not sure if those are cat scratches or cave drawings on the top...

They were made to signal to ancient aliens as to where to land their spacecraft.
    800i's for sale for $100 Not sure if these are vintage but they look nice. Wonder how these would compare to my Boston Acoustic VR30's? Maybe I should upgrade?
    Home System:
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • ConradiclesConradicles Posts: 5,863

Just realize that is not an original, it is a replacement. Still good but they look a bit different.

Just realize that is not an original, it is a replacement. Still good but they look a bit different.

Yep agreed. Best to replace them as matched pairs.
  • ThomasDThomasD Posts: 258
    kmeek wrote: »
    Ok guys what is a good price on a set of 3.1TL's???

These came available in my area but seem kind of high.... What are your thoughts? Thanks

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ele/d/speakers-vintage-polk-audio/6548448698.html

hpjuusxtl4y0.jpg

@kmeek What did you decide on these? I see they are still available. I'm considering starting to negotiate with the owner but only if your not interested in them. Thanks
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
    Saw those. Nice looking TL model. Go audition them that way you can check details. If you play your cards right you may be able to get them for $500. Don't know how these sound compared to 1.2 or 2.3's but should be quite good.
    Home System:
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    Saw those. Nice looking TL model. Go audition them that way you can check details. If you play your cards right you may be able to get them for $500. Don't know how these sound compared to 1.2 or 2.3's but should be quite good.

Didn't want to step on anybody's toes (@kmeek). The guy isn't budging yet on the price. @codycatalist offered to take a look at them for me. They're 3600 miles away from me so Iogistics are a bit..!
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • xjghostxjghost Posts: 938
    I have a set of 3.1's. From what I understand they are much rarer of SDA speakers of the SDA line. That being said if I were to put mine out three I'd ask $850 and be firm on my price. But I have a full set of larry's rings to install and I replaced the tweeters too. Then again SDA's don't come up that often here in South Carolina.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,309
    Smallies wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

It is Monterrey, not some chump website full of supposed know it alls.

my comment was not aimed at you it was for @verb and @FestYboy. And was a joke something you know very little about evidently.

If you do not like this website feel free to find the door nobody is forcing you to stay.

I read where it was at and my comprehension of the subject may be a little better than yours.

Ever since you started posting again you have belittled and talked down to well respected members who are leap years ahead of your knowledge.

Feel free to put me on ignore

Take care Mr. Small

Because the storage locker is located in Monterey, that price is justified? lol

"Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    ThomasD wrote: »
    Didn't want to step on anybody's toes (@kmeek). The guy isn't budging yet on the price. @codycatalist offered to take a look at them for me. They're 3600 miles away from me so Iogistics are a bit..!

No one here will hold it against you bud. That's why we post here.
    Home System:
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    xjghost wrote: »
    I have a set of 3.1's. From what I understand they are much rarer of SDA speakers of the SDA line. That being said if I were to put mine out three I'd ask $850 and be firm on my price. But I have a full set of larry's rings to install and I replaced the tweeters too. Then again SDA's don't come up that often here in South Carolina.

I'm pretty sure they come up for sale here even less often then in South Carolina. Having said that now, there is actually a pair of SDA 2A/B's( the owner really doesn't know which they are and I haven't seen them yet) on CL but they're still 400 miles away. I'm stalking those 3.1TL's in Phoenix at the moment and they're 3600 miles away. The 3.1TL's have me excited, if I can get the shipping logistics worked out then with upgrades I think they'd be worth the money and efforts.
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 713
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

What website would that be?
    Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; LSiFX ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Rythmik F12SE

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."
    1C's in the Seattle area. Look nice and just serviced by his speaker guy (inductor oil change...).

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ele/d/polk-audio-sda-1/6558525003.html
    Home System:
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    They just dont makeum like this anymore

Go get em Festivus! :smiley:
    1C's in the Seattle area. Look nice and just serviced by his speaker guy (inductor oil change...).

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ele/d/polk-audio-sda-1/6558525003.html

Are those early 1C's? Interesting IC interface.

@f1nut are you cleaning house? :smile: