Official SVS owners thread!

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Blue lights on a blacked mirrored surface tends to make ones hair appear less full and luxurious.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    One side of the box was cut wide open and the FedEx driver had a bad attitude. I refused shipment. First time that has happened.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    F1nut wrote: »
    One side of the box was cut wide open and the FedEx driver had a bad attitude. I refused shipment. First time that has happened.
    How does that work if you refuse shipment? You get a new shipment from svs?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885

Not cool, but I’m sure svs will make it right. Top notch service over there.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• F1nut
    Joey_V wrote: »
    How does that work if you refuse shipment? You get a new shipment from svs?

Yes, when this one is confirmed to be going back SVS will ship a new one.

The cut was wide enough that I could put my hand inside and touch the sub. Since it is wrapped in a soft white cloth I had no way to tell if the finish was damaged. The driver knew it was messed up as he turned the cut side away from me while saying sign here. Ummm.....no!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    Wow not cool. SVS will send one out quick.

Back in the day I had UPS kill PSW1200’s.
    They put a forklift through one of them and dropped the other one and bent all the heat sinks flat.
    They left both without signatures on the porch. They were awful to deal with.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    I recently had the same thing happen with my shipment of an SB13. Took quite a while to get the replacement. FedEx held onto it for a couple days after I refused it. Then SVS had to receive it and inspect it before they sent another one out. The second time they forgot to send it with signature confirmation but luckily I was home waiting for it and intercepted. There was no damage this time though.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • F1nut
    Tracking is showing it will be back at SVS tomorrow, Thursday.

President of Club Polk

• rpf65
    I find that if you sit on the porch, occasionally honing some cutting instrument, customer service improve dramatically.
  • F1nut
    The replacement SB4000 arrived today without any notable damage to the carton and driver had a much better attitude. I wasn't sure I could dead lift a 102 lb. 18 inch cube that's hard to get a grip on, but I got it. Would be a little easier if the feet were taller. Now, I've got to change out the threaded studs in my Adona spikes as the stock ones are too long, so off to the hardware store, but first I need to find out if I can get out of my chair.

President of Club Polk

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    The replacement SB4000 arrived today without any notable damage to the carton and driver had a much better attitude. I wasn't sure I could dead lift a 102 lb. 18 inch cube that's hard to get a grip on, but I got it. Would be a little easier if the feet were taller. Now, I've got to change out the threaded studs in my Adona spikes as the stock ones are too long, so off to the hardware store, but first I need to find out if I can get out of my chair.

Alieve works wonders. Congrats on the new sub Jesse.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • dolbyd
    Nice!
    I am looking forward to your thoughts once you have it dialed in.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

• rpf65

Next time set a beer by your chair, and don't worry about getting up right away.
  • F1nut
    This thing is really nice. A big step up in performance from the DSW 660wi. However, I found a bit of cosmetic damage. It looks like the buffing/polishing process wore through the top coats close to the display panel resulting in what ends up looking like fine cracks. I'm not very happy about that, but I'm even more unhappy about the thought of packing the beast back up. Sigh!

President of Club Polk

• dolbyd
    This thing is really nice. A big step up in performance from the DSW 660wi. However, I found a bit of cosmetic damage. It looks like the buffing/polishing process wore through the top coats close to the display panel resulting in what ends up looking like fine cracks. I'm not very happy about that, but I'm even more unhappy about the thought of packing the beast back up. Sigh!

Not Cool. I was so lucky with my 4000s. I was expecting issues with all the delays in US Customs and storms they went through to get to me. It was a 9 week wait on the first PC4000 orders this winter.
    I would send it back. Your equipment is pristine and it will always bug you I'm sure.
    Sorry for your troubles SVS will be happy to switch it.

Side note
    I found my subs needed about 20 hours to break-in. Not bad but you will notice when they do.

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    I’ve had a total of 6 SVS subs over the years. All of them have had absolutely perfect cosmetics. I’ve had 4 ultras all in gloss black. And 2 in the cheaper wood/vinyl finish.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• F1nut
    Here's a pic.

05kpxyod9oji.jpg

President of Club Polk

• Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    Hows your OCD? For that amount of coin...back it goes.
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Manticore wrote: »
    Hows your OCD? For that amount of coin...back it goes.

All depends on your situation and time. Having a wife, 4 kids, a full time job, and less OCD (because I don’t have time or mental energy to be that OCD about little things lol), I would email svs a pic and negotiate a partial refund to put it on line with their b-stock prices. I would be happy to save a little coin, happy not have to box up the beast and send it back, and would be able to forgot about the imperfection.

But if course, if you have the time and energy and perfect cosmetics outweighs a small refund, then yes box that beast up and ship it back! You paid a lot; you should be happy with the product.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    I see it.

I assume that's not something that can buff out easily as it's through the finish...?

You know, I might be a little OCD, but what about this thought?

Ask for a b-stock compensation? Instead of having to lug it back in the box...
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I see it.

I assume that's not something that can buff out easily as it's through the finish...?

You know, I might be a little OCD, but what about this thought?

Ask for a b-stock compensation? Instead of having to lug it back in the box...

that's basically what I said in my rambling answer lol...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Manticore
    /\/\/\/\Agree. Points well taken but, unless @F1nut was just joking around in other threads about wearing white gloves when touching/moving other equipment...

for me i like the B stock idea but, my 2 subs are mostly out of view so not a biggie if there was a blemish or scratch.
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
  • Manticore
    I have actually been looking at the SvS outlet. Pipe dreaming for now. I would love to add two SB or PB 2000's to my setup.
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
  • F1nut
    Excellent customer service. They're doing a hot swap as it keeping this one would bug me too much...........oh my poor back!

President of Club Polk

• dolbyd
    Excellent customer service. They're doing a hot swap as it keeping this one would bug me too much...........oh my poor back!

Very good.
    Ed Mullen had to send my friend a new amp this morning too. One of his died yesterday.
    The CS at SVS is top notch.

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    I’m looking forward to your review once it’s broken in. Have fun this weekend.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Geez, you could have just put a doily over it. Glad you got it all taken care of. Now tell us how it sounds.
  • rpf65
    Doily?

Here I thought that states that insist interior decorators be licensed was just another stupid idea. I hang my head in shame at being proven so wrong by the suggestion that a doily be placed on a subwoofer.
  • gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    Upgraded the feet on my SVS PB12 NSD to the SVS Soundpath feet. Isolated the sub very well and tightened the bass up. Home theatre use only.