Official SVS owners thread!

Comments

• So after going back and forth, finally pulled the trigger over cyber Monday and bought a PC-4000 for $1499. Couldn't pass up on that price. I wanted to go with the PC for the smaller foot print compared to the PB. When I finally was able to unbox it, all I can say is WOW this thing is big, like support column big lol I'm glad I measured my available space before getting it. Now just trying to dial everything in. For someone who has been into a/v for over 2 decades, and who has spent thousands of dollars on it, I know very little as far as EQ and doing it myself outside of Auto EQ like Onkyo's AccuEQ. Wish I knew more people locally that were into things like this, I would be more then happy to pay someone to help me dial things in ha
    Home Theater Setup
    • Receiver - Onkyo TX-RZ1100
    • Mains - Polk RTi A9's
    • External Amps - Outlaw 2200 Monoblocks for L/R/C
    • Center - Polk CSiA6
    • Side Surrounds - Polk FXiA6's
    • Atmos - 4 Polk 80F/X RT's
    • Sub - SVS PC-4000
    • T.V. - LG OLED65C7P

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Plenty of folks willing to help (pro bono) on here, where are you located?
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Theheadsn wrote: »
    So after going back and forth, finally pulled the trigger over cyber Monday and bought a PC-4000 for $1499. Couldn't pass up on that price. I wanted to go with the PC for the smaller foot print compared to the PB. When I finally was able to unbox it, all I can say is WOW this thing is big, like support column big lol I'm glad I measured my available space before getting it. Now just trying to dial everything in. For someone who has been into a/v for over 2 decades, and who has spent thousands of dollars on it, I know very little as far as EQ and doing it myself outside of Auto EQ like Onkyo's AccuEQ. Wish I knew more people locally that were into things like this, I would be more then happy to pay someone to help me dial things in ha

Tell me about it. I'd really like someone I could trust to come over and give me tips and or suggestions. Everyone I know either has an HTiB or Bose and I don't think they can provide the info I'm looking for.
  • joecoulson wrote: »
    Plenty of folks willing to help (pro bono) on here, where are you located?

Orange County, CA. Seems most A/V guys are on the east coast. I do randomly run into people local though, from time to time
    Home Theater Setup
    • Receiver - Onkyo TX-RZ1100
    • Mains - Polk RTi A9's
    • External Amps - Outlaw 2200 Monoblocks for L/R/C
    • Center - Polk CSiA6
    • Side Surrounds - Polk FXiA6's
    • Atmos - 4 Polk 80F/X RT's
    • Sub - SVS PC-4000
    • T.V. - LG OLED65C7P

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    edited December 2018
    Willow wrote: »
    Theheadsn wrote: »
    So after going back and forth, finally pulled the trigger over cyber Monday and bought a PC-4000 for $1499. Couldn't pass up on that price. I wanted to go with the PC for the smaller foot print compared to the PB. When I finally was able to unbox it, all I can say is WOW this thing is big, like support column big lol I'm glad I measured my available space before getting it. Now just trying to dial everything in. For someone who has been into a/v for over 2 decades, and who has spent thousands of dollars on it, I know very little as far as EQ and doing it myself outside of Auto EQ like Onkyo's AccuEQ. Wish I knew more people locally that were into things like this, I would be more then happy to pay someone to help me dial things in ha

Tell me about it. I'd really like someone I could trust to come over and give me tips and or suggestions. Everyone I know either has an HTiB or Bose and I don't think they can provide the info I'm looking for.

Best tips are what you like to hear. Im running a pair of cylinder SVS units. One is the 20-30 PCi and the a PC-2000. I just played with them back n forth music and DVD Til it felt and sounded good. Your ears will tell ya. Gotta go with the gut punch.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    It's officially official. I'm here.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • joecoulson
    gidrah wrote: »
    It's officially official. I'm here.

What did you get?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    If any of you guys need help setting up a sub, it would help if you posted a pic of the room, and listed the associated gear. Sometimes things transfer better with a pic.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    H
    I received my SVS SB4000 today and set it up in my mancave system... My back and my math aptitude tell me that this is twice the sub that the SB2000 is :D .

I am running it through it's initial paces and breaking it in but my first impressions are over all very good. Deep, refined and manageable.

I didn't use anywhere near as much foul language as I did setting up my PB16 Ultra with all the settings being on a digital front panel as opposed to the rear PB16 controls.

I'm doing a couple of upgrades to this rig this week adding a 12VDC linear power supply to my DAC and adding a Marantz AV7704 to replace the AVR (SR5011) I've been using in this rig. In the future I will probably re- swizzle the amps around in this rig either consolidating to a 5 channel A51 or A52+ or just by adding an A31 to handle the fronts and keeping an A23 for rear duty.

As it is, it's really an impressive little system using the P5's H/T bypass for 2 channel and the SR5011 as a HT... I mean I could even upgrade the fronts to a pair of Usher Mini 2 DMD's but really no hurry there if I could find a pair at a deal I could feel...

mbizl8g4j2ce.jpg

How do you like the sub being right midcenter? Does it even out the sound?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • aggie113
    aggie113 Posts: 9
    Been a happy SV Sound customer since 2006 when I got in on the last run of the PS10-ISD subs. Hell of a bargain at $379 after they rebated $50 on top of the sale price. Still going strong and love having a sub that can reach below 20Hz! A shining example of buy once/cry once (was pricey for me back then!).
    In use: Polk LSi15s (sub upgrade), LSiC, LSi9s SVS PB 10 ISD connected to Onkyo TX-NR777. VR3 crossover upgrades ordered for fronts and center.
    Collecting dust: Polk RTi12s, CSi 6A, RTi38s
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    I have always liked a centered sub for music for my ears...So many times you are limited in where you can put a sub which makes get it dialed in most important. I don't know if we hear sub bass directionally or not but having it in the middle helps it melt into the sound stage quite well...
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • joecoulson
    For me - having the sub dialed in with regard to Polarity and phase helps it to blend even if off to the side - still helps it further to have it closer to the middle as possible
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Now I'm running 2 PC 2000's not much of a difference from the PC 2039i but nice to have them matched. Movies are unbelievable.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • danz1906
    danz1906 Posts: 5,144
    Looking to buy a SVS SB16 ULTRA in GLOSS BLACK.....Chicagoland area in good CONDITION
    Thanks
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs
    SVS Ultra-13 Gloss Black:D
  • Romo11
    Romo11 Posts: 101
    edited June 2019
    Hey everyone,
    Hoping to set up my SB 4000’s today. I think I’m going to set them next to my leather couch. Should I point them toward the couch or away? I have two of them.
  • joecoulson
    I would thing sealed would not matter as much but if there is any way to get them into room corners or directly either side of the tv, that would be ideal.
  • Romo11
    Romo11 Posts: 101
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I would thing sealed would not matter as much but if there is any way to get them into room corners or directly either side of the tv, that would be ideal.

That’s what I will try.
    Thanks.

• jdavid
    jdavid Posts: 46
    Looking for Svs subwoofer sb1000/ sb2000 advice ——small room 8x14.5x7.5 (and WAF so sealed not ported need smallest size possible) planning s20 front and 30 center and 10 or 15 rear (debating on possible mc60 ceiling atmos not sure yet) probable Denon 3600 and LG C9 65”. Vast majority will be movies. I have read 2 subwoofers preferable so assume 2 sb1000 better than 1 sb2000 to provide for all listening positions, But would 2 sb2000 be significantly better in this room with subs in corners either both front corners or one front and one rear diagonally? How often and how much in movies would difference be noticeable? (Either should be a significant upgrade I have an old Def tech 5.1 with 8” 250 watt sub, which to me was surprisingly very good and had been a home theatre pick a long time ago and an old pioneer kuro plasma.)Appreciate the forum’s expertise.
  • jdavid
    Should also mention one side wall has opening of about 5’ in middle to another room
  • joecoulson
    Two sb2000’s would be fantastic in a room that size. Should really pressurize the room which is what we are after. Of course, two 1000’s would be a significant upgrade over your current situation should $$ prevent the other.
  • jdavid
    Thanks. Any thoughts on placement either both on front corners v diagonal one front corner and one rear corner near money seat, but want good listening for others also - realize may need to try both but wonder your initial reaction?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    I've always thought that in diagonal corners helped smooth and reinforce low end. In my room they were placed in front and back opposite corners. Different rooms do different things so sub crawling does have its benefits.
  • jdavid
    Pitdog, thoughts on significance of differences 2 sb1000 v 2 sb2000? Thanks
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    jdavid wrote: »
    Pitdog, thoughts on significance of differences 2 sb1000 v 2 sb2000? Thanks

I cannot comment on something I've never had.
  • jdavid
    Understood will see if anyone has experience and comments
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    jdavid wrote: »
    Understood will see if anyone has experience and comments

Call SVS. They have great CS and won't try to oversell you.
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited November 2019
    I believe most would agree the 2K, while only slightly larger, is a worthwhile upgrade to the 1K.

Therefore, if space & $ allows... ...you won’t regret it
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • jdavid
    Thanks. Assume all would say two sb2000 cannot be too much! LOL

Any General guidelines or ideas ( realizing rooms vary and installation decisions later and will have Audessy 32) for my size small rectangular room whether two sb1000 or 2000 about the two Svs subs on front corners v one sub front corner and second sub diagonal rear corner near money seat, if I want good bass for both money seat and other seats?