ANYTHING From the People at POLK? -MaxSR-

While I understand this is a users forum, and that other contributors make suggestions that often solve or clarify the questions asked here, I see a complete DISTANCING from any company representative when it comes to discussing SERIOUS issues that affect the customers who've purchased this manufacturer's product.

There is no way another user is going to have the resources to answer a question about glitches in, for example, a wireless soundbar's faulty operation. When more than a few people post about "popping," and those posts go completely unaddressed by anyone from POLK, I say "shame on you!"

You, the company's technical representative, can step up and say, "we'd like to contact you about your issue," or "we're aware of a problem, and we hope to address it in a coming update."

Your phone support seems to shift callers off to a third party help-desk, that in my opinion has been completely useless.

I had received an email from the retailer I purchased my MagnifiMaxSR from, stating that a POLK representative wanted to contact me. I said that would be great, and then heard nothing. Polk's interest must be directed toward releasing the next new thing.

I had been told by POLK for months, that the release of the MagnifiMaxSR was being held up because "they wanted to make sure everything was perfect, since they'd only have one chance to impress," yet that bluster continues to ring hallow.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    I'm sorry you're having problems with the MagniFi Max. I'll ask my friend, at Polk, to contact you via email.
  • LeeSoFL
    LeeSoFL Posts: 118
    Thanks, that would be helpful.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I can't speak to the phone or email support Polk provides and that's not really the point of this thread given the title, but this is a user forum and has always been that way. Polk gives us a place to chat and talk all things audio, and most of the discussion here revolves around stuff that's not even related to or is in direct competition with Polk. They have a few ground rules so that this place doesn't become a complete cluster and remains friendly overall, but beyond that they leave us alone to do what we want.

To be honest I like it the way it is.
  • 2hyped12
    2hyped12 Posts: 5
    @KennethSwauger Have them shoot me an email as well if you could please. I share all the same sentiments as @LeeSoFL
  • Polk should read them and be aware of th issues people are having their products. I called last week and the tech had never heard of the dredded blinking light death of the magnifi mini............NEVER!
  • [Deleted User]
    Hello "2hyped12" and "nosayitainstso" I'll ask my friend at Polk to contact you both.
  • already returned it.....
  • [Deleted User]
    Sorry it didn't work out for you.
  • LeeSoFL
    Alex from Polk called and we worked through some of the significant issues. I DO like the way the MaxSR sounds when it's getting a quality 5.1 source. We spoke yesterday, so I'm still evaluating some of the suggestions for pop and chirp problem.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    LeeSoFL wrote: »
    Alex from Polk called and we worked through some of the significant issues. I DO like the way the MaxSR sounds when it's getting a quality 5.1 source. We spoke yesterday, so I'm still evaluating some of the suggestions for pop and chirp problem.

Please post back up, I'd like to buy one...pending
    TFS
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • LeeSoFL
    I reset the wifi on the MaxSR to run on the 5G leg of the router. The Arris router is right next to the soundbar, so distance or wall material was no issue. No other device in my home was on the 5G side. Briefly, it was explained to me that the chirps and pops, is the soundbar switching wireless paths to maintain good signal to the sub and wireless rears. Moving to 5G for the moment seems to have stabilized the performance. POLK did say they would investigate a way to make the switching less harsh to help resolve this problem.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    You'd think that it would be able to "switch wireless paths" silently and not make any obnoxious noise about it.
    LeeSoFL wrote: »
    I reset the wifi on the MaxSR to run on the 5G leg of the router. The Arris router is right next to the soundbar, so distance or wall material was no issue. No other device in my home was on the 5G side. Briefly, it was explained to me that the chirps and pops, is the soundbar switching wireless paths to maintain good signal to the sub and wireless rears. Moving to 5G for the moment seems to have stabilized the performance. POLK did say they would investigate a way to make the switching less harsh to help resolve this problem.

• henninge
    henninge Posts: 52
    Firstly - is should be investigated to make it sound less harsh. It should sound AT ALL. Less harsh isn't a good.

Also, Having issues with casting and it playing, or skipping during playback. I can play from my phone via Bluetooth, but casting sucks from my phone to the Max SR using GPM. Skips, pauses, freezing
  • henninge
    henninge Posts: 52
    See my poll and vote. I'm getting pretty choked and it seems I'm not alone