PSW111 Repair!!!!

Greetings,

I have a PSW111 subwoofer which is damaged. A few months ago I went to a Technician here in Venezuela to try to fix a buzzing noise it has. As it turns out he gave me back the Subwoofer with missing components on the internal PCBs and I want to send it to a Certified Repair Center in USA to try to save it. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Best Regards

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    @KennethSwauger should be able to help.

How old is the sub, did you buy it from an authorized dealer and do you have the receipt?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Might not matter since it was damaged further by an unauthorized "repair" facility.
  • Hi guys, I bought it on Crutchfield, yes I have the receipt and It is out of warranty, that's why I tried first here to save it before sending it back to USA, which is more expensive.
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 327
    I don't know what Polk charges directly but you can buy a new Amp board for about $100 to replace yours. The Speaker Exchange in Tampa, FL would likely ship to Latin America.