Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I thought about that stuff a while ago tonight. Thanks for reminding me. Really.

Liquid Nitrogen Temperature
    January 22, 2014Uncategorized
    Liquid Nitrogen Temperature – minus 196 Celsius, 77 kelvin – but this is not the whole story, because this is the temperature that liquid nitrogen boils at so it could be considerably colder than that.

Like and element Nitrogen has three phases, solid, liquid and gas. The “normal” state of nitrogen is that of a gas – that is most of what we inhale/exhale. Approximately 80% of the atmosphere is made up of nitrogen gas. To make nitro ice cream, liquid nitrogen is used.
    The temperature of liquid nitrogen depends upon pressure – at atmospheric pressure this must be below -196 °C. By increasing the pressure, then it is possible to make liquid nitrogen at a higher temperature – this is how the nitrogen is separated from the air in the first place. It cannot be stored in small quantities as a liquid because in order to keep the pressure it would obviously need to be a stored in a sealed container – but in order to use, the release of pressure would cause rapid boiling and much of the gas would be lost.
    Instead the liquid nitrogen is stored in vacuum flasks that insulate is from heat, but allow it to evaporate as needed. This wau it can be stored for up to a week if well insulated.
    Because the liquid nitrogen is open to the atmosphere then as it evaporates it releases heat energy which in turn will keep the liquid cool – it is effectively held at it boiling point of -195 degrees Celsius.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Perspective...LN2 -321 degrees Fahrenheit

^^^^^
    That there is the end of life as we know it. :s

Space cold! but maybe not, space has solar radiation going on... :o
  • Tony M
    Man that scenario brought back why I'm afraid of the Mandolin slicers. I want to slice without the puck myself!

I forget what I was slicing with that first mandolin I had, ( It was a OXO brand. A real nice one too ) but I too used that puck at first. YUP , at first. Then I did the same thing :( , I said I can do this barehanded. I KNOW I got down so far I sliced a microscopic piece of my skin. That woke me up real fast and I retired that weapon after it was cleaned. I told my Step Daughter the words we all know. Be VERY careful!

So far she's done ok.
    I have yet to use my second one. LOL
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Tony M wrote: »
    Sorry about your injury. :#
    Also 2 trips to the hospital to start your new years off had to suck big time also.

Those Mandolin slicers don't discriminate one bit. Whatever touches that blade, it's getting sliced. I gave mine to my Step Daughter. I got another one but I've stayed away from it for some reason. :#

Again, sorry about your severe thumb slicing.

Ironic that I JUST watched Iron Chef the other night and an Iron Chef Sicaro I think he was using his bare hand. Alton Brown, the mc, said do not do this at home people! This is a chef that has 30 years experience. You at home should use the puck that comes with them at all times. And here it happens to you. Those slicers are great but man they're EVIL weapons towards our fingers, knuckles, and thumbs now too.

Hope your thumb heals in a good way.

Yeah, I had literally just started practicing with it. I used the guard for sweet potatoes, but then I showed my little one that it could do a banana. I’m ordering cutting gloves once I’m healed and ready to cook.

I’ve got a photo from last years mandolin accident. Cleaned the tip of my thumb right off. No ER trip as i’m afraid of doctors. Would rather suffer.

Heal up buttercup!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Tony M
    Well, he did severe an artery he said.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    "The Sound of Motorhead" :p

g1nhqxjqo0b9.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited January 2018
    bms30c65vqtw.png

What's all this talk about mandolin accidents?
    Maybe some finger picks are needed...

https://youtu.be/J7r7COld_Bc

Sorry, I realize these are serious mishaps & no laughing matter -- but I am still amused by the name of these slicing gizmos.
  • Tony M
    Thimbles should come with the slicers. One for each digit.
  • nbrowser wrote: »
    Hello 1989! A floppy disk drive inside a circa 2010 Core i7 950 machine...creating a boot floppy for a Pentoun 2 266 rig I’m trying t install Windows 98 SE onto..

Don't forget to backup ! Being as you're going Old School, you might consider this:

cnn9sood81o4.jpg

250 MB. Whew, what won't they think of next ! :o

Sal Palooza
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    06t74bwsjfs3.png

No comment required
  • Whoever was driving that car was lucky it didn't slide off the bank into the water (if that's what's down there).
  • mhardy6647
    1) Natural selection isn't pretty.
    2) Look at all of those air bags?!
  • Tony M
    Natural Selection is being hampered by those airbags! :s
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Typical Ontario driver... (ducks!)

Only in Canada do they let Ducks get behind the wheel.
    You guys are weird...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    Here's my guess:

Eight Track Deck

Mirror Ball
  • mhardy6647
    sass.

Gotta love that.
  • Tony M
    There's 2 in that picture.

They are pretty cool!
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    There's 2 in that picture.

They are pretty cool!

"Electric" chairs to go with it.

epdhcvjz7p87.jpg
  • Tony M
    Purely decorative for the chairs though. Maybe speaker stands though. ;)
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Purely decorative for the chairs though. Maybe speaker stands though. ;)

I'd give them a sit. May have flanges under to help with rigidity.

You will be needing accent lamps however.

y7couj8clmsv.jpg
  • Tony M
    Are these from the same genius? What imagination! I'm impressed.

Yea. I thought if there was more bracing under the back of the chair seat, it would be 75% stable for most. But leaning back against the neck concerns me.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    You'd be surprised how much a truss rod will hold.