Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    note: just found out there is a character limit per post.

I took a slightly damp towel and rubbed a section at a time and then used a dry towel to get all the smudges and prints off, especially the piano black finish that's revealed around the grills. I think they are very rich looking. In the future I hope to have a more appropriate HT room and always wanted the wall behind the TV or projection screen to be black. So that's why I made some of my acoustic panels and bass traps black, so they'd disappear against the wall. Always liked my black RTi's for that same reason. Now this happened. Cherry. Anyone know what wood it really is?

I've known for a long time that I have OCD tendencies. The whole time I was listening to music Thursday morning, I kept being bothered by the fact that the Polk badges are on the bottom of the bookies, but the top of the center. The grill for the center looks like it's upside down. From a marketing standpoint, I have to say I can't read the Polk name on the badges unless I'm about two feet away. I'm just glad they don't have a heart on them. I'm single, clean and neat, I don't need someone drawing the wrong conclusions. "Not that there's anything wrong with that." ~Jerry Seinfeld One of the bookies is missing the silver shell that goes over the badge. If Polk doesn't have any spares to sell me, I'm going to have to go to the doctor and ask for some OCD medication. It has to be badges on all three or all badges have to be missing. If the center's badge was the one missing, I'd be a happy camper.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/ele/d/bw-801-speakers/6399617273.html

Hard to pass up for you crossover dudes. 375 for 801's is unheard of.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    What a deal! Deleted now. Thanks anyways Tony. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • tonyb
    Someone needs to go grab these before they're gone. I would myself if I had the scratch. Dyne's for 700....no brainer.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/d/dynaudio-audience-72-floor/6400466934.html
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    tonyb wrote: »
    Someone needs to go grab these before they're gone. I would myself if I had the scratch. Dyne's for 700....no brainer.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/d/dynaudio-audience-72-floor/6400466934.html

Great deal!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Wow i didn't think i could dislike B&W more but that white proved me wrong i can those are as fugly as they sound sterile
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Wow i didn't think i could dislike B&W more but that white proved me wrong i can those are as fugly as they sound sterile

HAHAHA I was thinking that I would leave the speakers and take the 4 pieces in front. :p
  • pitdogg2
    edited November 2017
    Viking64 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

HAHAHA I was thinking that I would leave the speakers and take the 4 pieces in front. :p

Well yes. Not even for free would i take the B&W's
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    https://omaha.craigslist.org/ele/d/infinity-sm-155-speaker/6415396476.html
    No Affil. Only $95.00 for the pair! Probably lower-end Infinity's? These would probably make a great set for someone to start with or for a garage. I DO NOT NEED MORE SPEAKERS (write on chalkboard 500 times!!!) :)
    oj1w8vbyk5ma.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    Yes low end but iirc like 100db efficient
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Wow snobbery against B&W? Yet Usher gets a lot of love? Both accurate forward speakers with similar sound sigs imo.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited December 2017
    "Wow snobbery against B&W? Yet Usher gets a lot of love? Both accurate forward speakers with similar sound sigs imo."

Having owned both (still have a pair of B&W bookies in my house, I find this statement to be completely inaccurate.
  • tonyb
    Speaking of bookies....Legacy studio's mk1 with stands for 6 bones.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/ele/d/legacy-audiophile-studio/6400837515.html
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    I have more experience with different B&Ws, but have heard 6311s at THJs and a pair of Usher bookies at Dans. Both on decent power. Very nice speakers, but smooth and refined wouldnt be words i would use to describe them.
  • I've never cared for the larger B&Ws. The smaller ones add a little color to the music that I do enjoy, however.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    ^^^^^^
    I hope they're signed by Mr. Polk and the entire design team too. Then maybe...
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Viking64
    What a deal! A pair of "Sherwin Vegas" speakers, a Polk subwoofer, and a Sony Dolby Pro Logic receiver. All for $600. :p

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/159636671455955
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    What a noob. Right speaker is corner loaded as well as next to an immediate reflection point ruining imaging. >:)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Viking64
    One of the spikes isn't sitting in the cup. :p
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Looks like the are stuffed into a small condo,
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Viking64 wrote: »
    One of the spikes isn't sitting in the cup. :p

You are right .LOL.
    I LOVE it when one of you spot the oddball things in pictures ! I LOVE IT !

It always shows me there's more to some pictures then meets the eye at first . ;)

That there is funny too. :D
  • Tony M
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Every time I'm in the market for high dollar speakers, the first place I turn to is Craigslist. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ele/d/rare-pair-near-mint/6415276007.html3m2kn2jcwvl8.jpg

Craigs list ad. ...????..

Maybe that's why I couldn't sell some of my collection either . :o:p
  • Tony M
    Tony M wrote: »
    ^^^^^^
    I hope they're signed by Mr. Polk and the entire design team too. Then maybe...

I was referring to the LSi9's that were a couple posts above the one I put ^^^^ in .
    Not the Monitor 12's.

The owner wanted quite a bit for them. They might still be for sale too.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I've never heard the Nautilus, but, there were a couple of shops here in Louisville (when we had stereo shops) that carried B&W along with some nice electronics and I can honestly say I've never heard a pair of B&W's that I thought were pleasant to listen to. No offense to anyone that owns them, to each their own. I immediately notice the lushness of the Ushers on first listen, something I never remotely experienced with B&W.
  • tonyb
    Me neither, never heard a pair of B&W's that set my world on fire. I thought the CDMNT series was ok, liked the 800's, but never a chance to hear the diamond tweets in the newer models.

There's a tone missing, a heft or weight to the sound. Just can't get past that, for me anyway.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    Those Alexandre's are right up Joey's alley. He should go offer them 40k and see what happens.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    edited December 2017
    Nightfall wrote: »
    What a noob. Right speaker is corner loaded as well as next to an immediate reflection point ruining imaging. >:)

I'm betting they were further out in the room. Those most of times are set up properly by the manufacturer or their representative. It is all part of the cost for those from Wilson. I must also mention that if they were in that corner those have an XO that can be dialed in like no other speaker I know of.
  • tonyb
    Could be Skip, as we all know.....electronics plays a huge role in what a speaker will sound like. Some are too easy to cast aside a speaker without looking at the electronics.

I've heard the beemers on a variety of electronics, still hasn't floated my boat yet. Maybe someday I'll hear a good combination.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Is that handpainted lettering on the front?