Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    ^^^^ Run, don't walk fer sher
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Grrrr. I've been talking to that guy. Didn't want anyone to see that ad, and then here it is. I'm going to see them tomorrow.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Grrrr. I've been talking to that guy. Didn't want anyone to see that ad, and then here it is. I'm going to see them tomorrow.

Best wrap that deal up bro! And good luck!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Hermitism
    I'm completely happy with my HT system. I wanted the 703's strictly for music, but that center is hard to pass up. Would that front three sound better for HT than my RTi8/CSi5? I really wanted to start building a dedicated music system.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    I'm completely happy with my HT system. I wanted the 703's strictly for music, but that center is hard to pass up. Would that front three sound better for HT than my RTi8/CSi5? I really wanted to start building a dedicated music system.

Only one way to find out!

Do...... It.....
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Nesmith98 wrote: »
    VPI HW-16.5 Vinyl Record Cleaning Machine-San Antonio TX

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/45591487

@Wardsweb ...Luther you interested, maybe John????
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Too much money for the condition...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506

If you buy the center and don't like it, I would gladly purchase it from you.
  • Hermitism
    adb3da wrote: »
    Where are you located?

• adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    adb3da wrote: »
    Where are you located?

St. Louis, but I will be driving through Nashville next week.
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Nesmith98 wrote: »
    VPI HW-16.5 Vinyl Record Cleaning Machine-San Antonio TX

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/45591487

@Wardsweb ...Luther you interested, maybe John????

I have a SOTA record cleaning machine.
  • Hermitism
    High five! They're so much bigger in person. That's what she said!

0nc445vmz7m5.jpg

The King just arrived home. I'm into class...it's my new thing!

3.25 hour drive there in the rain and darkness. Fun. My **** got puckered a few times trying to see the road. Then another 3.25 hours driving home. Good times. I want to thank scubalab and all the others that take the time to post great finds. I had found it before he posted it, but if I hadn't I frequent this thread often. It's how I found my sub a couple years ago.

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    WOOHOO! They look awesome Hermitism! Glad you got them now let us know how they compare to the RTi's.
  • Hermitism
    It's gonna take some time before I get stands. I'm gonna get some good ones and do it right. I want to hook these up and play with them to see what they sound like with my equipment. The seller, who was as nice as can be, was powering them with an Emotiva amp. No external amp here, just the SC-05. Also the center won't fit on the shelf, gotta raise the TV again. I'm going to feel like I'm almost looking up at the ceiling to watch a movie. Had no idea the center was even bigger than the CSi5. The center was an afterthought. I just wanted a used pair of 703's for music, but...

Sent Polk Customer Service an email about purchasing a Polk badge that's missing. If I don't hear from them within a week or two, I'll call them. No rush.

I could keep the Rti's and hook the 703's up to zone 2 for music, but I don't think the sub will play that way. I heard the 703's put out good bass with good power, but I'm lacking there. I'm anxious to try out the center and see what it sounds like. I gotta go take some Pepto and go to sleep now. Every time I spend money, I get sick to my stomach. Been that way since I was a kid.
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ele/d/pioneer-elite-dvd-player-dv/6387521318.html

A 79 avi for 40 bucks. Buy it for it's cdp and SACD function, which is pretty darn good. A budget audiophile alert.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    tonyb wrote: »
    https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ele/d/pioneer-elite-dvd-player-dv/6387521318.html

A 79 avi for 40 bucks. Buy it for it's cdp and SACD function, which is pretty darn good. A budget audiophile alert.

Ooo that would be nice pick up
  • Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    edited November 2017
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I think they would have been better turned on their sides and speakers mounted on the bottom and using the cap as a tuning port.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Clipdat wrote: »
    W..T..F...
    I know!!! You would think for 80 bucks that the jugs would at least have the SAME EXPIRATION DATE!!! :(
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Did y'all see the response graph??? What is that, 30-20k +/- 20dB!!!? Eewww
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Maybe some color to match the port plugs?
    ufjnj7u1mw8c.jpg
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711

A pair of jugs you listen too?.......thats not right at all. Not...at...all...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mrbiron wrote: »

A pair of jugs you listen too?.......thats not right at all. Not...at...all...

Well there is something that can be said about a nice pair of jugs.... and listening to them isn't it.

"Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    High five! They're so much bigger in person. That's what she said!

0nc445vmz7m5.jpg

The King just arrived home. I'm into class...it's my new thing!

3.25 hour drive there in the rain and darkness. Fun. My **** got puckered a few times trying to see the road. Then another 3.25 hours driving home. Good times. I want to thank scubalab and all the others that take the time to post great finds. I had found it before he posted it, but if I hadn't I frequent this thread often. It's how I found my sub a couple years ago.

That center is massive, I just got mine last week, can't wait to hook her up as well..

You stole those for that price..

Congrats!!

• Hermitism
    edited November 2017
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    That center is massive, I just got mine last week, can't wait to hook her up as well..

You stole those for that price..

Congrats!!
    Thanks! I know the "great deal thread" isn't the appropriate thread to comment on my speakers. I've always had trouble with "forum structure". If I'm sitting with a group of buddies talking and someone changes the subject, I don't ask everyone to get up from the table, walk into another room, sit back down and start discussing topic number two. In this instance, I'm replying to a comment, so it's ALL Larry's fault, I'm innocent in all this!

I read your thread a couple days ago where you are replacing your RTi or RtiA setup with the LSiM so you have a more dual-purpose system in your HT room. I've been looking forward to what you have to say regarding the LSiM for HT, especially the center. I don't have stands yet, so I've got the 703's on the floor next to my RTi8's and have them tilted up so I could at least play with them a little. The seller gave me some sealed Emotiva speaker cables that came with his amp so I used those just to hook them up and test the speakers to make sure they made the trip home safely. Doug's cables are cable tied to the outer sides of the rear ports to take stress of the connections, so I didn't have access to those. I was very careful handling them when purchased. I brought three large beach towels with me and three garbage bags to prevent them from getting wet (raining) and a big roll of bubble wrap. Literally ten minutes into my return trip, the light came on in my dash notifying me of a light out somewhere. I needed to stop and get fuel outside of Nashville and discovered it was my left rear tail light. One tail light in the dark, in the rain. The whole way home I kept yelling, "Please don't rear end me!" every time a car came up on me. I'm someone that gets overly nervous about stuff. I didn't care about the car, I just didn't want the speakers flying across the inside of the car like projectiles. Anyways, the next morning I hooked them up, with the center also sitting on my floor, with the inexpensive cables, not re-calibrating my AVR, and played some music. I literally could have won top prize for the worst possible way to hook up and listen to speakers. I had a thumb drive full of flac files and I ended up listening to music for about four straight hours. Keep in mind everything was adjusted for my RTi's, first thing I noticed is that the 703's weren't nearly as loud, either that or I could tolerate raising the volume knob to what I call an "easy relaxing level". Second thing I noticed was I thought the tweeters weren't working. I was literally only seconds into the first song and lowered the volume and stuck my ear next to every part of the speakers. Everything was working! By the end of the song I had already gotten used to the welcomed toned down highs. A much more relaxing experience. I even listened to music in the multi-channel mode to hear the center and make sure it was working as well. I don't normally listen to music that way, but the vocals sounded very nice coming through the center. Third thing I noticed, even though everything was sitting on the floor, is that my room felt wider. I've got my HT system set up in a spare bedroom. My family room has hardwood floors, 50% windows on wall space and it opens up into the kitchen (separated by a counter, and I have to keep the center of the room open for a walking path to get to a hallway on one side and the kitchen on the other, so the sectional is much further from the TV than I'd like. So spare bedroom is my best choice. Not a big room, but the music just made it sound wider, it was projected out to the sides much farther than I was used to. Neat to experience. Also the vocals were much more pronounced in the center, when playing with the 703's only, no center channel. I'm actually going to try to watch a movie with them on the floor just to get an idea of what the center is going to sound like.

I'm going to take a little time on the stands. I've been looking for used 703's for some time now and Jesse always mentions in 703 related threads how important stands are. Jesse recommended some to me. I got out my calculus handbook and computed I have a .00762% chance of finding anything he recommended on the used market, but I'll give it a try before placing an order. I'm going to stick to my guns and not "settle" for something cheaply made. Plus it would be pretty cool to make my first decision in five years that gets the F1nut Gold Star approval. He's very reserved when it comes to passing out the gold stars. Then I can sit down with my buddies and say, "Yep, I'm an audiophile. You can shake my hand and tell your friends that you know me, but you're paying for the beers because I have no money." After I get a movie in on these, I'll store the center in another room, until I purchase stands and then setup things up appropriately and get a real idea of what they sound like.

Once the newness wears off, I've got two square feet of Dynamat sitting on the shelf waiting to be stuck to something. I read a thread previously about taking apart the LSiM series that said a plastic spork is the tool for the job to remove the rubbery surround to reveal the screws. I'll reread that thread. Looks like my next trip to Popeyes, I'll be ordering some Cajun green beans with my chicken in order to get my much needed spork. If I do this, I'll take pictures of the removal process and add it to that thread if I can find it again. The speakers were purchased new from Polk in March of 2016, but since I'm the second owner, I don't have to worry about voiding the warranty, because it's already void.

I've read a bunch of LSiM threads in the past because I wanted the 703's. Some have mentioned that the color was mismatched between the speakers or that the cherry color was too orange. I think msg mentioned that his were too orange for his taste. Maybe it's just the brand of flood lights in my ceiling, or maybe the color varies, but I wouldn't consider them a strong orange. The ash floor in the family room is a strong orange, but these look like a much darker shade, with a lot of red hue. I think Nikon installed a tactical weapon's light on my little camera because every time I take an indoor photo, everything looks ten shades brighter and the colors aren't accurate in the photo. My room is much darker than it appears in photos. But if a take a picture at an acute angle to the horizontal plane of the cabinet top to refract the camera flash, it allows for a more accurate depiction of the color. (sometimes I like to throw out "mathy" words in my comments so Mark can understand me)

ygh9oe2svxq4.jpg