Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• nguyendotnguyendot Posts: 3,587
    edited August 2017
    k6hdehqnrjui.png
    JBL synthesis system. Get it now!
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,858
    nguyendot wrote: »
    k6hdehqnrjui.png
    JBL synthesis system. Get it now!

Wholly carp!!!
  • DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 2,301
    Amazing system. Worth the drive for someone?i am only 600 miles one way from it. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05

“Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,544
    Wow those will make a person deaf. Nice!!!
    I ran a 7.2 JBL HLS610 system i never thought i was missing anything.
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 17,165
    Heck if I had space, I'd have my uncle driving that way now to grab them lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 3,463
    ^^I do have my eye on this.

I saw that one as well. Usually some decent stuff on the Columbus CL. That's where I picked up the Vandersteen's. Would like to take that Theta for a spin!
  • DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 2,301
    New version of same system . $ 61,000 retail. 73ij058z2qwy.png
    inm9wjuh9egk.png
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05

“Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
    Yes that stuff was never cheap.
  • Gerres26Gerres26 Posts: 699
    Seems like a smokin deal for someone in the area!
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 32,506
    ^^I do have my eye on this.

You should have your hands on it....that's one fine amp at a fine price.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,915
    la2vegas wrote: »

Look like LS50's. 80 bucks, hell yes!
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
    edited August 2017
    I've never owned speakers from Polk's LS line, any thoughts?

Look at my sig. I'm a fan.
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Buy both. The drivers are hard to find. You could part them out and double your money. Not to mention they are awesome centers. Besides LS they match well with other vintage models.

edited August 2017
    Yes buy both sell one to me for 50.00plus shipping.

I misread i thought it was both for 50.00 which you should of been there and home already. Great center channels

Buy both. The drivers are hard to find. You could part them out and double your money. Not to mention they are awesome centers. Besides LS they match well with other vintage models.

Drivers aren't that rare. They have been 8-10 on ebay in the last month. 30.00 each for the woofers.
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Drivers aren't that rare. They have been 8-10 on ebay in the last month. 30.00 each for the woofers.

X -8 =$240. Plus 2 tweeters and crossovers. Just saying ..

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,858
    11hrs is better than 3 days...
    Shut your mouth @Dskip lol... I don't wanna hear about those 800 dollar speakers

If my room was larger I'd be VEeeerrry tempted to get them for my loft
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 3,463
    I can concur with Skip, you need a few feet from the front wall as they are rear ported. I just put mine back in the system due to a problem that developed with one of the JWM's. They're a nice speaker that I'll probably keep for a while for situations such as this, or, to run on a secondary rig. At their price point they do a lot right.

Also agree that the price seems a bit high. They weigh about 80lbs each, so be warned. Skips would be a buy for price to condition if that worked out logistically.
    Some other Ushers.....

Usher Audio Dancer Mini-2 Diamond Floorstanding Speakers - $2000
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/ele/d/usher-audio-dancer-mini-2/6241650532.html

Usher mini dancer 1 dmd speakers - $1895 (N.naples)
    https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/ele/d/usher-mini-dancer-1-dmd/6270712671.html

Usher X-719 Speakers - Excellent Condition with Marble Stands - $1000 (danville / san ramon)
    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/usher-719-speakers-excellent/6278448317.html

• Airplay355Airplay355 Posts: 4,294
    Wow, do those ushers sound as good as they look? They're beautiful.
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    Wow, do those ushers sound as good as they look? They're beautiful.

better I'm sure. My lowly V601's sound SPECTACULAR, and they are bottom tier of their line....
  • lawdogglawdogg Posts: 385
    Well I've got a weekend trip to San Francisco coming and I'm simply trying to coordinate any potential audio purchases. @lawdogg sold his monitor 7's a couple of weeks ago so I'm trying to get all my ducks in line.

Yeah, my Polk lineup is down to 3.1TLs and RTiA7s. The 3.1TLs are still king of the castle (better than all my other big speakers - including JBL L250, AR9LS(i), and Infinity RSII). :smile: If you're driving up the 101 north of San Francisco, you've got an open invitation to come by.
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
    Hmmm

• WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,802
    edited September 2017
    This could be a nice music setup for someone in the Chicago/Indy/Milw/ Grand Rapids MI area for not too much cash....with a little negotiation (and driving!) maybe under $2K? Just not in the cards right now for myself.

Musical Fidelity A3.2 Integrated - $650
    https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/ele/d/audiophile-musical-fidelity/6284705885.html

Chord Mojo DAC - $325
    https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/ele/d/chord-mojo-portable-dac/6236800487.html
    (Many use it for home and save over using the Hugo. Could combine with a simple player like a Chomecast, Airport Express, etc.)

Sonus Faber Concertino Domus bookshelf & original stands - $750
    https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/d/sonus-faber-concertino-domus/6290424697.html

SVS SB12 NSD subwoofer - $300
    https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/ele/d/svswatt-subwoofer/6292452011.html

01313_3ZldhtcwxkD_600x450.jpg
    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
    Parts are unobtainable priced too high imho
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »

Just met a guy that can rebuild the ribbons thats in Michigan. NO IDEA as to cost, but he said that he can do it.

There's another in NC that can do it as well and @trav0810 has a set of Amazings that he rebuilt with the new material (which Bob Carver saw, heard, and signed off on).

The ribbon material the guy in MI uses is 2x more expensive than before, so its still not CHEAP, but that means they can live on if you spend the cash.

The woofers are still out there too.

Just met a guy that can rebuild the ribbons thats in Michigan. NO IDEA as to cost, but he said that he can do it.

There's another in NC that can do it as well and @trav0810 has a set of Amazings that he rebuilt with the new material (which Bob Carver saw, heard, and signed off on).

The ribbon material the guy in MI uses is 2x more expensive than before, so its still not CHEAP, but that means they can live on if you spend the cash.

Nice to know Dan. My opinion is they are still a little pricey. I seen a thread some years back where they used Infinity woofers. That was a different set of amazings but sometimes stuff transfers. They need lots of room to breath for sure. Stuff like this can get expensive quick.
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »

Nice to know Dan. My opinion is they are still a little pricey. I seen a thread some years back where they used Infinity woofers. That was a different set of amazings but sometimes stuff transfers. They need lots of room to breath for sure. Stuff like this can get expensive quick.

Didn't even look at the price on them. Just generalize comment on the availability of the ribbon material. The surrounds aren't that bad to replace outright. I believe there are some folks making them still to this day and they are drop in replacements.

The buy in cost could be high, unless you get a set at a super refurb price, really want them bad and cost and space isnt an issue.

Its not a speaker for everyone at all, but at least you can get the ribbons repaired.....