Comments

• ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,552
    There are some conversations its just best to stay out of... :*
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • ALL212
    Bring tunes, cans and small speaks if you’d like.

If you have a few tubes you’d like tested we can do that. I also have a borrowed omnimic 2 we can have fun with.

That’s “a few” as in 1/2 dozen or less, not your entire stock...Brock!
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    I'm officially out. :( Family duties call.

Wanted to bring my new HD6XX to try on Crack, but that will have to wait for another time.

Rich, your commuting partner has bailed on you. Sorry about that.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • ALL212
    Just trying to temp folks - the bottlehead table.

qayuwvs6ocah.jpg

Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited November 2017
    ALL212 wrote: »
    Just trying to temp folks - the Doorprize table.

qayuwvs6ocah.jpg

Fixed it for ya :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    I'm diggin' this already. Apparently AARon backs up to a place called "Gambino Park". :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899

qayuwvs6ocah.jpg

Bottlehead, I know it well. You have a very nice collection there.

• ALL212
    What Bottlehead pieces do you have? I love the stuff!
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Wardsweb wrote: »

qayuwvs6ocah.jpg

Bottlehead, I know it well. You have a very nice collection there.

that is not all of Aaron's Bottlehead kits as i stole a few from him ;)

Wish I was there! Ya going to have a blast I know!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • ALL212
    At least two. If you can play nice with the other kids you can join the club too!
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,272
    DSkip wrote: »
    At least two. If you can play nice with the other kids you can join the club too!
    I don't join clubs. I make them.
    To beat baby seals with?
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,272
    edited November 2017
    Wohhhh!
    2my376hncw1g.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Thanks to Aaron for having us. Weird thing was everyone ran for the hills when I got there. What's Up with that? :)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,421
    edited November 2017
    daboyz wrote: »
    Thanks to Aaron for having us. Weird thing was everyone ran for the hills when I got there. What's Up with that? :)

Should of kept your shoes on :* kidding

No seriously Aaron was very gracious. I met some fabulous folks and had great conversations with all. There was some excellent music played all day. Tonyb and i chatted at length it was my pleasure meeting him finally in person. I finally was able to put a face to daboys as well and at first it didn't dawn on me who i was really talking to until he brought up his daughter, now insert embarrassed face here ;).

I'd of love to seen Brocks car in person...buuuutttt the car never made it.

Seriously Dave and Aaron it was a pleasure to meet you guys. I would of loved to stay longer honestly but my copilot was ready to well copilot. I was also trying to snag up a 40$ Pioneer elite 79 uni-player which the rat tasterd sold out from under me after he had set up a time for me to come get it.... what was it we were discussing about Craigslist flakes yep.... so seller and i had been texting back and forth all day so when i get there it was "well i emailed you earlier" ummmm ya thanks putz

Great time Aaron once again
    Thank a ton pal
    Ivan
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Was there gangsts rap played?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    Was there gangsts rap played?

Not while i was there this was a classy joint <3
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Aaron was very gracious. He did ask me for a credit card though, for all the sandwiches and cookies I ate. Something about 8 rolls of TP missing too, but that was Ivan. Nice putting some faces to names.

Aaron has a heck of a setup too. Anyone gets a chance should go visit and give a listen....and bring your credit card. Thanks again Aaron.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Pictures or it didn't happen!
    Carl

• pitdogg2
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Pictures or it didn't happen!

Hey Carl what's up man. Rich was there great to meet up again.
  • ALL212
    edited November 2017
    That was fun. Dave and I drew names for the Bottlehead door prizes and you had to be present to win and since everyone left...well... Dave's name didn't get drawn so it was really a moot point. ;)

Thanks everyone! I've found some beer, a bottle of wine, chips, dip and albums laying around so I'll just assume they can stay.

The only thing that went a bit south is the missing TP...WTF...and no one fessed up to it so I've charged everyone's CC an extra $5 to cover that. :#

No gangsta... we got 'nuff of that in Rockford without my encouragement.

Maybe another round with more advanced warning as spring approaches.

The only pic I have is of Otis asking that I leave so he can listen...
    lavpx5aycdnh.jpg

Again,
    Thanks everyone!!
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,342
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for the invite Aaron! You get high marks for your systems and can setups! Nice spread of food and drinks! Get that decimal in the right spot and the SS8's are yours! Delivery and set up included!

Aaron is a consummate twerker..... I mean tweaker! He gets results gear and placement/treatment wise.

I met a fellow Lenco TT owner and another gear builder, a friend of Aarons. And I can cross meeting Tony off the bucket list.

I only took three....

iqel61lqakzz.jpg

r8zsxe1fbdqx.jpg

ccbcz3884lvt.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    edited November 2017
    Oh, while that MQA stuff sounded good, I'm not on board with it. Your DAC manufacturer refers to it as a "format distraction" and does not support it. I'd thoroughly research it before committing to the software end along with the licensed hardware end of it.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited November 2017
    ccbcz3884lvt.jpg

holy cow them guys is old!*

;)

I hope y'all had fun; wish I could've been there.

edited November 2017
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

holy cow them guys is old!*

Usually I'm one of the oldest there but not this time! Grey/white was the hair color of the day! lol

Ask Aaron to show you his next tube amp project.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    grey/white beats the pants off of invisible -- which I am asymptotically approaching as every day goes by :)

• ALL212
    edited November 2017
    I’m not sure if you noticed but I’ve almost gone invisible with dashing traces of gray and white.

Dale from the Chicago Audio Chaos group gifted me! We’ve traded stuff before but this came with tubes!

bzxanht8nzwm.jpeg

Food stuffs left behind went over to North Park Fire Dept. where my son is a fireman.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • SCompRacer
    edited November 2017
    I'm like an Arizona car. No rust, some shine, but wore out with 350,000 miles on it....

And move that resistor! :)

Or.....

w5wqz1srjuyk.jpg

I moved the resistors on my soft start board so THAT wouldn't happen...

nbg5u2zirpql.jpg

xjladgvt7bt2.jpg

• ALL212
    Lol... toasty!!
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire