Get to Rockford, IL on the 18th of November

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    I'll also add, sounds like a good excuse for a nap, your already on the couch...dose off, that's what old men do

At least you spent time together...lol
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited November 2017
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I'm coming.

That's what she said! :#

C'mon, man, you can't tee 'em up like that and think I'm not gonna swat 'em down the fairway!

Sounds like a good time, fellas! I'm still hoping someone - with some awesome gear! - will do something similar in the Twin Cities.

Also, remember...pics or it didn't happen!

• agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Not definite yet, but hoping to make it. Will check back in as I get permission/get shot down.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited November 2017
    daboyz wrote: »
    Got in some gangsta rap last night. Still have a headache. ;(

Heh -- I decided to conduct a subwoofer test with Kid Rock's Cowboy last night. It was awesome.

On topic, unfortunately, I've got stuffs I've got to do in NH on the 19th. They're good stuffs, but still that NH/IL thing is the bugbear, you know? :neutral:
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,342
    agfrost wrote: »
    Not definite yet, but hoping to make it. Will check back in as I get permission/get shot down.

I could swing by and we could ride up together like the last time. Or was I imagining that you were with me that last time?
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    Any body talked to quicker1 lately Andy i think. I went up to his house several yrs ago.
  • agfrost
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    agfrost wrote: »

I could swing by and we could ride up together like the last time. Or was I imagining that you were with me that last time?

Yeah, that's how it worked. Hoping for best; wife's allergies/asthma is raging and I don't fancy leaving her home all day with the boys if she's not doing better by then. Fingers crossed.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
  • txcoastal1
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    daboyz wrote: »
    Got in some gangsta rap last night. Still have a headache. ;(

Heh -- I decided to conduct a subwoofer test with Kid Rock's Cowboy last night. It was awesome.

On topic, unfortunately, I've got stuffs I've got to do in NH on the 19th. They're good stuffs, but still that NH/IL thing is the bugbear, you know? :neutral:

Post back up details in your thread Mark...inquiring minds want to know

Back to the regular scheduled program
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I truly thought about driving up for this just to meet & hang out with you Aaron! I off the 17th and could grab a room in Iowa on Friday and make it to Rockford on Saturday but I tore my ankle muscle last Saturday night :(

I think it is not possible for now :'( It would have been fracking so cool to finally meet you Brother. Thanks for all you done for me and some day I find way of meeting You and your brother Rich and all those in you neighborhood :) p.s. if you ever sell your mainframe from Bottlehead keep me in mine okay ;)

Sucks but that is what life throws us! then he move on and deal with those moments!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,552
    edited November 2017
    Well....P00P!

Just cut the leg off - then your ankle won't matter any more!

I’ll revise my will and leave the Mainline to you.

Maybe sometime when it warms up make the trip and we’ll go visit brother Rich.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • voltz
    edited November 2017
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Ankles have muscles???

Damn Hillary must have the strongest ankles in the U.S.

Actually I meant Calf muscle LOL I realized I forgot something on the stove and turn to quickly and tore it badly LOL but that part of being nearly 60. but you young bucks wouldn't know that yet, but you will :p Trust me you will ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• txcoastal1
    edited November 2017
    So to all you house wives, and grandma's at Thanksgiving, please be careful not to tear a calf muscle while in the kitchen :/

Come on Daryl....you were fly fishing and slipped on a rock

• voltz
    edited November 2017
    That it Ron :) those moss covered rocks are hell on us older people ;)

this is what happens when moss trips you up :)3g6ysk28sesi.jpg
    Post edited by voltz on

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    edited November 2017
    Maybe Allen can PM us an addy. I dread having to drive around Rockford looking for Brocks car. Brock I know how to find....ya just whip an empty tube box out the window and he'll be there in about 45 seconds.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ALL212
    PM me if you need the address.

Allen, Ron...jackwagon...I've been called them all.

Aaron
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • pitdogg2
    I'll take responsibility for Tony using Allen. I used it in his and my conversation.
    My bad :(
  • ALL212
    No bad necessary - it's all good here in the hood!
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • agfrost
    Those of us that remember the RAS page (remember groups? Another casualty of Vanilla) just call him A2.

I was a late add to the RAS and actually don't fully understand the origins of 'A2'!
    Jay
  • tonyb
    HA, my fault really....I knew it was A-ARON, just had Allen on the brain from a previous conversation.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ALL212
    ...takes deep bow...

I AM THE A2!!!

There was already an "A" - another Aaron. So when I came on board a name change was required and "A" became A1. I took 2nd place...
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    ALL212 wrote: »
    ...takes deep bow...

I AM THE A2!!!

There was already an "A" - another Aaron. So when I came on board a name change was required and "A" became A1. I took 2nd place...

But, he's number one in our hearts. ;)
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 327
    Thanks for the offer.

It would have been easy to pop up to Rockford from St. Charles and put some faces to the personalities but I'm off to Colorado for Thanksgiving.
  • agfrost
    stevep wrote: »
    from St. Charles

You's local!
    Jay
  • SCompRacer
    edited November 2017
    A2, Jay and I are brothers in solder slinging, among other things....speaking of J...

https://youtu.be/O4a_uwyY_H4
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • tonyb
    stevep wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer.

It would have been easy to pop up to Rockford from St. Charles and put some faces to the personalities but I'm off to Colorado for Thanksgiving.

You don't want to do that anyway, unless you cherish nightmares. just sayin'... :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • SCompRacer
    edited November 2017
    I got my DAC parts. Can I use your solder station while I'm there? :D

Never mind, my wife said that would be rude. :o
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    I got my DAC parts. Can I use your solder station while I'm there? :D

Never mind, my wife said that would be rude. :o

Don’t be dipping your wick in AARON stuff! Your wife wouldn’t approve......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    edited November 2017
    Ooooo audio. p o £ n. I'm coming for sure
    Alley oop :D:)
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on