Tesla Model III

Comments

• tonyb wrote: »
    Always comes back to global warming doesn't it. LOL

We have an early 30's guy in the family and he is flat out bat **** crazy over global warming. I think it's the OCD mindset that is mind boggling to me. He reminds me of a child that constantly nags his parents all day until he gets what he wants. He just doesn't understand why we won't jump on the band wagon with him. Oh wait a minute, he has more wisdom than we do in our 50's! Never mind, disregard what I said! :}
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Sal, I'm not talking about global warming, which is utter BS anyway. I'm talking about real environmental issues.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    charley95 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    Always comes back to global warming doesn't it. LOL

We have an early 30's guy in the family and he is flat out bat **** crazy over global warming. I think it's the OCD mindset that is mind boggling to me. He reminds me of a child that constantly nags his parents all day until he gets what he wants. He just doesn't understand why we won't jump on the band wagon with him. Oh wait a minute, he has more wisdom than we do in our 50's! Never mind, disregard what I said! :}

Does he have an EV, ride a bicycle to work or walk...then STFU
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited November 2017
    Regarding global warming (Climate change):

How can such long and short term predictions be made about global warming, when we have literally been keeping written climate records for merely approximately, 130 years or so. That is (much) less than 1% of the time it takes for climate fluctuations to occur, and is not a relevant statistical analysis to say what the climate is doing in the long or short term. Anyone saying differently is saying it for reasons other than being scientific. (Yes, I know that Geologists say that the Earth's strata show climate conditions in the past). How accurate is "our" interpretation of that analysis, is my question? There is no scientific fact that man made climate change or global warming is occurring? Why? Because it's not a scientific fact because there is not enough evidence to support it being a fact. Period.

Edit: I am sure this will step on a number of people's toes around here. Just try viewing the evidence, rather than what you are being told by "scientists", media, politicians, etc. Think about it (yourself, or uninfluenced) a minute, please.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • txcoastal1
    edited November 2017
    ITS A REBATE, some more some less
    It's still a subsidize
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    If another taxpayer's not chippin' in that tax rebated dollar, than it's another dollar added to the national debt...
  • txcoastal1
    Type: State Incentives
    Jurisdiction: NJ
    ZEVs sold, rented, or leased in New Jersey are exempt from state sales and use tax. This exemption is not applicable to partial ZEVs, including hybrid electric vehicles. ZEVs are defined as vehicles that meet California Air Resources Board zero emissions standards for that model year. For a list of qualifying ZEVs certified as such, see the New Jersey Department of the Treasury ZEV Sales Tax Exemption website. (Reference New Jersey Statutes 54:32B-8.55)

Even exempt from sales tax

• txcoastal1
    Lasareath wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Resale on the EV's sux too

All New Technology suffers this fate. Because everything is changing very quickly.

It's exactly like the SmartPhone. A SmartPhone from 4 years ago sells for $50 but the one from today is $1000

People like myself don't buy an EV to resell it. We buy it because we want the latest tech.

I've never traded in a car, I've driven everyone I've ever owned for 10 years and they were all worth crap at that point.

Drive a truck

• F1nut
    Sure thing Sal, right after you mine all the cobalt and handle all the other nasty stuff in your batteries.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    Chargers are also subsidized

• txcoastal1
    May the EV Gawd bless you...go preach somewhere else

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307
    ...So, Taxpayers are not coughing it up. It's based on your personal taxes. Not the Public's...

This is one of the things liberal progressives can never seem to understand - the government cannot give (or discount, credit, deduct, or whatever you want to call it) to one individual that which it has not first taken from someone else. THAT'S how the government pick winners and losers. Just like it gives Elon BILLIONS of dollars, then everyone lauds him as a genius. If he hadn't gotten those billions, there would be no Tesla Motors. Period.

As for your "test" of running cars in the garage, that's quite possibly the stupidest thing I've heard in a while. Tell you what - I'll stick my hands in a bucket of gasoline for 5 minutes, and you stick your hands in a 480v quickcharge box for the same 5 minutes. I can have direct contact with my fuel without being killed - you cannot. See how stupid that premis is...?

Just because you like the government making all of your decisions for you does not mean the rest of us do. In fact, many of us think the government makes too many decisions as it is - they sure as he11 don't need to be deciding what I drive.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• headrott
    edited November 2017
    F1nut wrote: »
    Sal, I'm not talking about global warming, which is utter BS anyway. I'm talking about real environmental issues.

That is an Environmental Issue. A Real one. Globally Eventually It's gotta be an Issue, After a Billion Cars spewing Exhaust. Forget about Warming Anything. Where does the Exhaust Go?

As we all (should) know the carbon emissions are collected by plants and trees and along with water and sunlight are used in photosynthesis, allowing the plants and trees to produce (sugar) and release oxygen (which we then breathe). Great ain't it!?

Also, a lot of carbon emissions goes into the ocean, forming limestone as one example.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Interesting thread....Petroleum will never be replaced until technology comes up with a fuel that provides the same or greater fuel/work transfer ratio...So far only petroleum provides that....Of course we are only talking mechanized uses..not talking about the skads of other uses that the petroleum industry provides right?..
  • F1nut

President of Club Polk

• Where does the exhaust gas go ?
    I've personally had the trees in the neighbor thank me (in their own fashion) for supplying them with the carbon dioxide they need to exist.

There's 422 trees for every human on the planet.

The environmental crisis is actually a pollution crisis.
    Worth looking into some facts, IMO.

Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I know a guy that has a 76 Cadillac with a 455 4 barrel in it if that means anything. Last I checked with him he was getting about 3 gallons to the mile.

Cadillac never built a 455... they had a 500, but never a 455.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    edited November 2017
    I know a guy that has a 76 Cadillac with a 455 4 barrel in it if that means anything. Last I checked with him he was getting about 3 gallons to the mile.

Was it mint green with posi

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Yeah, 455 sounds like an Oldsmobile. My brother had a Cadillac with a 472 and another with a 500.
  • F1nut
    F1nut wrote: »

Jesse, You can post as many articles as you want. But after 10 years of driving an EV and Gas car, the EV gives out 53% less pollution

That will be the death of the Gas Powered Car.

(And they say that % is rising)

You continue to ignore the actual environmental impact of EV's, but hey don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    edited November 2017
    Sal... there is one toxic chemical being emitted in this very thread, and by you. I don’t know if you heard of it, but it’s called BS. I was hoping when you returned, you would have turned over a new Leaf, and stuck to audio, but you can’t seem to help yourself and continue to spew nothing but crap that nobody here cares about.

This is an audio forum. Might I suggest you take your geenie ways over to the Dodge Challenger Hellcat forum and start conversing with them. They need a guy like you to help them see the light about what all their melted tire smoke and gasoline are doing to the planet.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • headrott
    edited November 2017
    headrott wrote: »

As we all (should) know the carbon emissions are collected by plants and trees and along with water and sunlight are used in photosynthesis, allowing the plants and trees to produce (sugar) and release oxygen (which we then breathe). Great ain't it!?

Also, a lot of carbon emissions goes into the ocean, forming limestone as one example.

You're talking only about the CO2, What about the rest of chemicals?

2sy7zxgyxo2y.jpg

http://www.nutramed.com/environment/carschemicals.htm

It sounds as if you do not go along with most "environmentalists" that state that "carbon emissions will cause the planet to heat up." And that pollutants in general are a problem. Is this correct? If so, that is a good thing, IMO. Also, carbon dioxide is the largest amount of pollutant emitted from gasoline burning cars, and is therefore the "greatest concern".

But, if you are using the logic and argument that pollutants (in general) are a problem, we can comment on a very large number of household items that are a concern for pollutants (including your own batteries in EV's). Why target gasoline burning cars?
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    you would have turned over a new Leaf.

HAHAHAHAHA Pun intended? :p
  • nooshinjohn
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Yeah, 455 sounds like an Oldsmobile. My brother had a Cadillac with a 472 and another with a 500.

Pontiac, Buick, and Oldsmobile all had 455’s, and each was unique to their respective divisions

• txcoastal1
    edited November 2017
    OK you win...go to the truckers forum

• nooshinjohn
    I wonder if now would be a good time to invest in popcorn.

• headrott
    Why target gasoline burning cars?

Because there's a FIX for them and There's a lot of them.

Also, This Thread is about the Tesla Model 3. Not the 76 Cadillac with a 455 4 barrel, Or is it the 500?,

So, by that logic, and your crusade to save us from pollution, you should be on a crusade to lessen the environmental impact caused by EV's and not gasoline burning engines, correct?
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• txcoastal1
    2emfk05z719b.gif

• headrott
    So, by that logic, and your crusade to save us from pollution, you should be on a crusade to lessen the environmental impact caused by EV's and not gasoline burning engines, correct?

Well, that's happening every day. The processes for making Batteries and EV's is getting cleaner and cleaner every year.

That isn't really my business, I'm an IT tech and my Hobby is EV's, I am not an Engineer. So I really wouldn't have the know-how on improving current tech.

There are many smart people in the industry doing this. They don't need me.

I'm in Information Technologies. I'm spreading Data and Information.

I am involved with a company that is building Electric Car Charging Stations. But I cannot divulge any info on that now.

But I do have a couple of companies set up to teach EV Novices about Electric Cars and Charging Etiquette. Like this site: http://EV-Rules.com

Well, if it's true that there are environmental improvements in the making of EV (batteries, etc.) every day, I think that's a great thing. You would have to ignorant and dismissive to not think that lessening pollution is a bad thing.

That said, I think most gasoline car owners (myself included) find it hypocritical of EV owners to say that "it's those gasoline burning car owners that are destroying the environment", when 90% plus of EV's are powered by coal (for electricity).

I always have said, (and still say), where is the damn hydrogen car?? Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe. (I know there is some conversion that needs to take place to use the hydrogen). But, I remember the hydrogen car was promoted about 10 to 15 year ago pretty strongly. (After all, the emission from a hydrogen car is simply, and only water). So, WTF happened to it!? Where is it!? Why are we using EV's that still rely on coal to be powered (and batteries that cause other environmental pollutants) instead hydrogen!?
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Was it mint green with posi

My cousin Vinny says so...
This discussion has been closed.