Game of Thrones

Comments

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Off the hook tonight! OMG, now THEY have one!
    No excuses!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Who's "They"
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Who's "They"

White walkers have a dragon.
  • txcoastal1
    edited August 2017
    Wardsweb wrote: »
    Who's "They"

White walkers have a dragon.

Dany still has 2

Really doesn't mean squat...we won't no anything for well over a year.

They don't even start filming the final season till October :#
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Question is, can it still breath fire?

If it can, it's one hell of a great way to make a nice hole in the wall...
  • txcoastal1
    But if you kill the Knight King they all fall

• Upstatemax
    But if you kill the Knight King they all fall

That's the trick isn't it!
  • Upstatemax
    Possible outcome, Bran is going to use his powers to take over the now turned Viserion and turn it on the Night King to destroy him and his army.

That's assuming he can take over something that's "undead".
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Dang that episode was something, wundn't it? Dang!
  • dromunds
    Uncle Benjen now a zombie woof I guess. Who else got killed up there and is coming back. Ol' "Top Knot" died but he got toasted with his own booze, but I thought somebody else got killed. Who else besides Benjen?
  • dromunds
    Doing some reading and it appears just Thoros and Benjen got killed up there. Could've sworn there was somebody else but apparently not. Only two more episodes this year.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    Didn't the zom-bear get someone besides Topknot?
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Just think of how many people the dragon can take out quickly and create more wights! This next episode is going to have one heck of a cliffhanger. Seeing as this last episode was 75 minutes my hope is high that all episodes of next season are 90 minutes or longer.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    Anyone notice the audio is much quieter the night the new episode is released? Do they do that to save bandwidth or something?
  • dromunds
    I watched it again and I count at least two others besides Thoros and Benjen who get it up north one by the bear and one on the rock. Don't know who they were.
  • txcoastal1
    dromunds wrote: »
    I watched it again and I count at least two others besides Thoros and Benjen who get it up north one by the bear and one on the rock. Don't know who they were.

Ehh sacrificial extras :p

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Did they have red shirts on?
    No excuses!
  • txcoastal1
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Did they have red shirts on?

No Hollywood blue

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Do you guys think they're going to continue making GoT, such as a spin off in the same universe, after the show is done next season? It's the most popular show on the planet, seems like a waste to just stop from both a viewer and business perspective.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    Rumors are a prequel story as in the books

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    dromunds wrote: »
    Doing some reading and it appears just Thoros and Benjen got killed up there. Could've sworn there was somebody else but apparently not. Only two more episodes this year.

Only one left. Season finally is Sunday. I'm thinking the last scene will be the wall coming down.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    When I first read "Game of Thrones" I felt like George had punched me in the face!

no other book hard done that to me except one by Donald R Stephens, but George's was the 1st adult fantasy novel. All Fantasy novels were kid like story in comparison.

Hate to see it end as the Show takes it were the novel never could...

I hope Arya put little finger on her list soon >:)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • txcoastal1

• Jimbo18
    So, where did the White Walkers get the big a$$ chains from?
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Jimbo18 wrote: »

A. Forged in the fires of Mount Doom
    B. Two-day free shipping with Amazon Prime
    C. The chain factory
    D. From ships anchored in the port they raided
  • dromunds
    Same place Uncle Benjen got the fresh horse from
  • Jimbo18
    If they brought the chains with them, doesn't that mean they knew they might have a reason to use them? Not something you would normally carry to an invasion without a reason. Did the White Walker that touched Bran gain some ability from him to see the future, or do they all have that capability? Does it matter? Great show.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    Jimbo18 wrote: »

Ha....said the same thing. Just so happened to have hundreds of feet of huge gage chain in their back pockets....out in the middle of nowhere yet.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • acmf74
    acmf74 Posts: 936
    I wonder if the Hound and the Mountain will have a final showdown...
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    I don't understand why Daenerys didn't kill the Night King with one of her Dragons. Would have stopped the whole thing
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/