BRING @F1nut's OLD AVATAR BACK!!!

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    I'm going with this for now, but I would still like to use my original one because it is FUNNY!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited June 2017
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Wait, I thought that dude was Jesse!

LOL.....cigar gives it away no?
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    I had a post deleted a couple weeks ago, for no apparent reason. No bad language. No reason given. Figured it was just a mistake.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    My Avatar gives me special powers!
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Hermitism
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    My Avatar gives me special powers!
    It takes a confident man to wear a shirt with a heart on it! :smiley:
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Rick88 wrote: »
    I was wondering what was going on with Jesse's avatar. I miss his old one was well.

This forum needed some changes including more moderation, but come on man, there was nothing wrong with Jesse's avatar.

People are too uptight and easily offended these days...
    Reported!
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    I HATE that guy.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Maybe if he wore a funny shirt and needed some vowels...
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Stew wrote: »
    OU812?

Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Stew
    Just sayin' I always liked F1's avatar.
    1000VA Dreadnought

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    halo wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    OU812?

Great album
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I never found his Avatar offensive. He's had it a long time, what makes it offensive all of a sudden is my question.

We all certainly realize it's Polk's sandbox, but day to day depending on which side of the bed someone at HQ wakes up on, determines the offensive content ? Dare I say, sounds a little "snowflakey" to me.....or at the very least, wishy-washy. Shouldn't common sense prevail in these things ? Like no naked pics, abusive pics, political pics, etc.

Maybe it's just my generation failing to understand why this one is so bent on making everything plain vanilla.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    You guys have to remember this is a corporate website designed to support the sale of its products. With that in mind, it's not that surprising.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Why not put upon Jesse's chest, Vowels for sale O's & U's it will still remind us of what once was and still piss off those that complained >:)
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited June 2017
    Maybe they just need to shut this site down. I am sure they wouldn't miss the drama, and the drama queens ;)

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • msg
    I probably got myself removed from Polk's F&F mailing list for participating in this thread.
    I disabled signatures.
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    DUB,you must be good friends with Capt.Obvious?Anyway it's a PC world all sunny ways, hugs and kisses, rainbows and Unicorns etc.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited June 2017
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    You guys have to remember this is a corporate website designed to support the sale of its products. With that in mind, it's not that surprising.

Would it be surprising to use women to do that ? Even if it sells audio products ? The same way you see car shows with models standing next to the latest offerings ?

Maybe you think Polk wouldn't do that, put women and audio together like some of the Avatars ?

Hmmm....then maybe....and I admit I stole this....for your viewing pleasure with a side order of hypocrisy....

1p5pcqvp524r.jpg

Some avatars have beautiful women and audio gear together, not naked women either. Is that so outside the norm ? If Polk can see there way peachy fine with it at their own shows, why is it such a problem all of sudden on the forum ?

Point is, common sense. Beautiful women have been selling all sorts of products over decades of advertising. Nothing new, as long as it's tasteful. Speaking only for myself, I don't even know why this is suddenly an issue and I haven't seen any offensive or untasteful avatars.

If one or 2 people complain about one avatar, does that make it offensive ? Even though the other 5k people don't think so ? You tell me...
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    I don't know. I always thought F1's original avatar was funny but on closer inspection I just noticed something. The portly chap in the pic is in need of a mansiere which, if you look closely, he ISN'T WEARING ONE !!! :o:o:o
    So until the gentleman in the pic starts wearing the approprate undergarments that cover up his manly charms, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to nix the avatar.

..... Or maybe I'll try wearing some sunglasses. I'll give that a whirl.
    Sal Palooza
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited June 2017
    DUB spelled backwards is BUD captain obvious said so :o
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Stew
    tonyb wrote: »
    Maybe it's just my generation failing to understand why this one is so bent on making everything plain vanilla.

Spot on Tony. Our generation tends to worry about our own behavior and respect other people's differences. It seems like respect is a one way street to this generation. They want to be respected but they don't respect anyone who disagrees with them. Our generation agrees to disagree. They're offended by everything.

Having said that, I understand that it's Polk's website and they don't want potential customers to be offended. The old avatar still makes me laugh though.
    1000VA Dreadnought

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • Good morning Everyone, well this is a lively discussion this morning.

That being said, avatars are not going to be debated. They need to be tasteful, end of story. There have been a few on here that have been changed, yes.

@tonyb to answer a few of your statements.
    1. You don't get to decide what is offensive to someone else, that's not how it works. Just because the collective thinks an image or phrase isn't offensive does it make it so, I don't agree with that.
    2. It's only Ken and I here moderating the Forum. Vanilla is not involved in day to day operations, even in the slightest. Ken and I decide what is offensive and what should be taken down or changed. Disrespectful language towards another forum member, vulgar language, avatars or pictures that are not appropriate. It may seem snow-flakey or wishy-washy to you but I have not waivered or shown favorites to any members since I started moderating the Forum. Is that fair to say? I think I've stuck to a hard line.
    3. The picture you posted is a professional gymnast that we used at CES to promote the UltraFit headphones. She and the other gentlemen were jumping and flipping on the trampoline in the background. Who am I to tell a professional athlete how to do their job or what to wear to do their job.

@Hermitism, I can look into that post that was deleted. I'm not sure which one that was and I was not the one who deleted it.

@gimpod, it may be overreacting P.C. B.S. but it helps us, Polk Audio, as a company not to lose any more customers because they find something offensive on the Forum or they have a bad experience on the Forum, I'm not going to change what I'm doing.

I understand everyone's frustration with the changes recently. You have come to expect a certain vibe on the Forum, I get that. Changes needed to be made and changes have been made for the better. I come in here and shake a few things and you wonder who I am and why I'm doing it. The reason is simple: KEEP CUSTOMERS. People talk more about their bad experiences more than their good experiences.

The Forum collectively was upset that Polk Audio did not use it's own Forum to recommend to customers as a resource in a specific email. It was bad marketing or a stupid decision on our part, were some of the things that were said about that decision, by members of the Forum. You have been heard.

I have spoken to many of you personally through DM and email messages. You appreciated me being here and trying to clean up the Forum. Now, since something didn't go the exact specific way you wanted it to, I'm the bad guy? I'm here trying to help all parties, I'm not just self serving because I want to be.

I do appreciate this topic being brought up, I think it is a good discussion to have. I appreciate all of you and I want to keep working together with everyone.

Sorry for the length, there was a lot to address.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    The only reason Jesse had to switch avatars is because one or two people that we all have had issues with here have a personal axe to grind with Jesse. It was revenge rather than being truly offended. They may have even threatened to leave and never buy Polk again if he was not banned from the forum for his offensive avi. As is alvways the case lately, it was easier to cave to pressure from an army of one than to say enough.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Hermitism
    @Hermitism, I can look into that post that was deleted. I'm not sure which one that was and I was not the one who deleted it.
    It's no big deal. It was probably a mistake. It was in regards to me not being here much. I said something like, "I pop in here ever so often to see which celebrities have died." Which was meant to be jocular, as most of my posts are. When the forum is slow, it sometimes looks more like an obituary page in the newspaper with all the R.I.P. threads. No need to look into it as I take offense to nothing around here, I'm extremely easy going.

• @nooshinjohn I have always shot everyone straight here and I will continue to do so.

The people that did complain to me did not threaten to leave.

I can't speak to any level of personal vendettas against anyone, I don't know what someone is hiding when they are asking me to change or do something.

Everyone I have asked to change their avatar has complied with me. If it's changed then there is no issue. Jesse hasn't been banned, he is still in good standing with me. He is a great Forum member, I apprecaite everything he does here and I have told him that. I would hate to lose ANYONE because of avatars.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Raquel is still wearing her bikini, although it is under a burka.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    @Hermitism,
    The most recent post of yours that was deleted was on May 16. You had quoted a post by another member and then added a comment that I considered in poor taste.
    Ken
  • Hermitism
    @Hermitism,
    The most recent post of yours that was deleted was on May 16. You had quoted a post by another member and then added a comment that I considered in poor taste.
    Ken
    I can't even imagine what it was. Most recent? I've had more than one? Wow, sorry about that.
This discussion has been closed.