This is sad

Options

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    http://www.socialstrategy1.com/the-care-and-feeding-of-trolls/

A good read on feeding the last troll standing which we are all guilty of!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi!

I started typing that on page 2 of this thread. Did I miss anything?
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,259
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    It's been said before and I'll say it again: Let's just everyone unwad those panties and have a good time. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it may appear.

I'd just like to warn others that while dromunds' advice and input is normally sound and worth heeding, that that particular advice poses some dangers.

I thought at first, "That's a pretty good idea !". So, not having any to unwad, I went up to Kmart to purchase some. I was browsing through the panties aisle, looking for something in a spring motif when a sales associate approached and asked if I needed help. I told her I was looking for something in Extra Jumbo Panties. Well ..... I have a court date in a month.
    So be warned !

..... maybe I should have gone to Walmart. I dunno. I need help.

Sal Palooza
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    It's been said before and I'll say it again: Let's just everyone unwad those panties and have a good time. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it may appear.

I'd just like to warn others that while dromunds' advice and input is normally sound and worth heeding, that that particular advice poses some dangers.

I thought at first, "That's a pretty good idea !". So, not having any to unwad, I went up to Kmart to purchase some. I was browsing through the panties aisle, looking for something in a spring motif when a sales associate approached and asked if I needed help. I told her I was looking for something in Extra Jumbo Panties. Well ..... I have a court date in a month.
    So be warned !

LMAO....can always count on you bro....to lighten up the discussion. When I go shopping for panties, and I don't often do but Italians have this thing about wearing them over their head on certain occasions, I shop Dollar store. I mean...one and done is all ya need right ? Not like your taking them home and hand washing them for the next time.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

So be warned !

LMAO....can always count on you bro....to lighten up the discussion. When I go shopping for panties, and I don't often do but Italians have this thing about wearing them over their head on certain occasions, I shop Dollar store. I mean...one and done is all ya need right ? Not like your taking them home and hand washing them for the next time.

I thought you Italians just wore Speedo's
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »

So be warned !

I thought you Italians just wore Speedo's

We do, but not over our heads man...lol Matter of fact, the wife just made me throw out my Speedo's from 15 years ago. I thought I still looked hot in them, she didn't seem to think so. Oh well....but I do have Armani underwear so I have that going for me.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    15 years ago our wives that we have a lot of cute things

Then gravity took over
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• txcoastal1
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »

Then gravity took over

Or visors.

I don't have to worry about a hat that covers grey or bald :)

Just an FYI about the visor thing, hats were to hot fishing tournaments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Hey BBL! I found an extra pair of unmentionables in my bag when I got home from Texas. You can have them.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »

Then gravity took over

Or visors.

I don't have to worry about a hat that covers grey or bald :)

Just an FYI about the visor thing, hats were to hot fishing tournaments

I burnt my head a few times, once at the lake Memorial day I wore a towel on my head
    for 2 days because my head was sun burned so badly I could not stand to wear a hat and all the Aloe Vera didn't help for days!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • littlewoodboats
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Hey BBL! I found an extra pair of unmentionables in my bag when I got home from Texas. You can have them.

Extra unmentionables? As opposed to the normal amount?
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options

Yep...frilly, too!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options

I would think that Matt Polk's skin was a little thicker than that...
    You guys must be damn near clear.

Love it... LOL!!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • littlewoodboats
    Options

Yep...frilly, too!

If you are going to have them might as well be frilly.

My Minn Pinn saved me from a religious intervention with a pair of panties.

Two guys drove up and caught me on the porch to deliver the word. All I can figure is the then puppy figured I was in trouble so she had to come up with something quick.

This is the one and only time the dog has touched laundry, but she ran out onto the porch with a pair of Purple panties in her mouth shaking her head. I called her and she came right to me and handed over the wife's drawers. I stuck them in my pocket and apologised to my visitors. One of them said "no problem" and proceeded to ask me how long I had been married. Its at this point I fully understood the evil that is the Minn Pinn because without missing a beat I replied " I'm not, their mine".

Those guys could not get out of there fast enough.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Way to miss the point.

No, K_M, he does not agree with you. He was stating that for all it's flaws, Club Polk is still a positive place. People bicker and fight, you can't change that. Just be mindful of others.

That doesn't mean you get to go being a jerk everywhere. That also doesn't mean you get to anoint yourself forum cop and play gestapo for Polk Audio. Nor does it mean you get to the badger the Club Polk citizenry to comply with how you think things should be run. Spin it any way you want, you, K_M and Gatecrasher and DuB are just as wrong as everyone you say is wrong.

Clearly, though, you are being deliberately obtuse just to further instigate things.

That is troll-like behavior:
    In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll's amusement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Only someone who is already harboring feelings of inadequacy and low self-esteem would take such an anecdote in a threatening manner, Gatecrasher. I merely intended to illustrate that despite the name drop and calling out of Matt Polk by K_M, it doesn't hold water here. That would be because many of us have met the man and with more than a passing interaction with him. I was shutting down K_M's attempt to play devil's advocate by informing her that the forum has already been discussed, at length, with Matt himself. That was also at a time where if you think things are bad now, you'd run in horror at how they were then.

In other words, I'm going to kindly ask you to leave Matt Polk out of the discussion. While I can't say I call him a friend, I have met the man and the persona you are trying to portray to support your lackluster argument is a disservice to him as it is nothing like him. So drop it. It's not cool and y'all should back off already.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options

Yep...frilly, too!

Now, see that's what I'm talking about ! You name me one other board where a member could receive such a generous offer !!

....... okay, let me restrict that to "Audio Related Boards". :D

But that's what makes this board extra interesting. It's not a board that reads like it's constructed by a technical writer: "NOUN-VERB-OBJECT". If you've been here a bit, you could make blind purchases based upon the info you've gained from the expertise and real world experience and "Hits & Misses" of some of the ne'er do wells. Some shortcuts, some pitfalls to avoid, etc.

Also, some real world advice, such as from littlewoodboats, that falls into the category of "How is it that I never thought of that ?!". :)

So the only question I have is: Are those "scented" Lightman ? Because I have delicate skin and am sensitive to perfumes.
    Sal Palooza
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    s5w46ermj4jp.jpg
    That's offensive.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,314
    Options
    Here ya' go Russ...

cbc40c955921098735dac7f7ee157b5b.jpg

This goes with everything else in this thread that is useless. Might as well enjoy the time wasted as we go....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • littlewoodboats
    littlewoodboats Posts: 823
    edited May 2017
    Options

Also, some real world advice, such as from littlewoodboats, that falls into the category of "How is it that I never thought of that ?!". :)

Stop it before you make me blush. >:)

It takes a sick and twisted individual to pull that off on the fly. I was doing the final lapping for the slide to frame fit on my new .38 super 1911 race gun and the only word I was interested in hearing that afternoon was "Tequila".
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    Options

Wowww,that is a nice chair.

• txcoastal1
    Options
    Rick88 wrote: »
    Holy toledo!! :o

I was thinking "come in Tokyo"

• littlewoodboats
    littlewoodboats Posts: 823
    edited May 2017
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Here ya' go Russ...

This goes with everything else in this thread that is useless. Might as well enjoy the time wasted as we go....

Tom

That is a stereo set up requiring no cable debate

Then again there is enough underwire there to restore the grill on a 59' Caddy so I guess it could be UP for debate.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    Options
    Like to listen to those "cans"...
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    I'm officially promoting Tom from "Rascal" to outright "Rapscallion" ! :D

If they allow you to receive mail, we promise to write. Be sure to let us know your cell block number when you get there. :D
    Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Death by mammeries......what a way to go. >:)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk