This is sad

Options

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    If you Canucks want him I'll box Russ up and pay the export taxes
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    You know what I want to hear? How many Canadians can understand my, given by the grace of God, central Carolina accent.
    My voice has been compared to Trace Adkins, who is from Texas BTW. But the annunciations are different.

Enlighten me on the various Canadian dialects of the Queens English......Eh?
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

No takers...ehhh

I tried
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• lightman1
    Options

Say there, Ron....Are your parents still disappointed with you?
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

8 drinks with me you'll bespeaks canerdian and I'm speaking central Carolinian.

Ever drink with newfies? Before you know it you're speaking with a Newfie accent.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• txcoastal1
    Options

After I went to bed, I'd here dad say stuff like accident and mom say should have pulled something... Idk :/

• lightman1
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    The sadness just keeps getting larger here as the empty beer bottles are beginning to pile up. Dead soldiers that need to be hidden from view while the full ones keep coming!

no cerveza no trabajo, una mas Pacifico por favor

He's Canerdian....no comprende. But he's very polite in a fisticuff brawl.

Oh hush up Russ, thank you and I'm sorry...aboot that...

Ces't fini mon ami. Zut alors! espese de crabe couleur naturel

DuB.....when you try to speak French... please don't use the post Romanic. My friend isn't finished. Zut alors! Is a polite way of expressing merde while in company of a lady.
    And why do you like your crabs in a natural colour?
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    The sadness just keeps getting larger here as the empty beer bottles are beginning to pile up. Dead soldiers that need to be hidden from view while the full ones keep coming!

DuB.....when you try to speak French... please don't use the post Romanic. My friend isn't finished. Zut alors! Is a polite way of expressing merde while in company of a lady.

I read that as well. What a weirdo.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• lightman1
    edited May 2017
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

Thank you, Mikey. Is JF(willow) around?
    Dude might have some hardcore true French to divvy out.

Edit: crabs in natural colour????
    Did I read that right? French-Canadian variant?
  • lightman1
    Options

You can keep him...he's too feral to pass thru the border without a serious quarantine .

Bite me square on my Amurican left arse cheek.....
  • lightman1
    Options

You can keep him...he's too feral to pass thru the border without a serious quarantine .

Dammit Ron. I refresh the thread and you're tossing me under the snow mobile.....assmunch :*
  • lightman1
    Options

Dammit Ron. I refresh the thread and you're tossing me under the snow mobile.....assmunch :*

Under the snow mobile? Hell he tossed you so far under it's not even leaving track marks on your face dude...lol.

Six ways to Sunday, Ken......https://youtu.be/03iwAY4KlIU
    I understand them. Linguistics is a fascinating aspect of our lives.
    This is English of a Scotch derivative.
  • lightman1
    Options
    And... if any of you motherfookers say "Appalashians around here....you'll be asked to leave or....never be heard from again.

It's AppalaCHan. Emphasis on the hard CH.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,652
    Options

Put Beiber in the same box and I'll pay the duties..
  • lightman1
    Options
    Sorry, Russ dude...it's Cascades and Coastal here...no fancy names for our ranges....and they be BIG!

Fair enough on the big brother mountain ranges, Ken. I remember flying into SEA-TAC and looking UP! at the mountains near the 15k approach.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    Options

Je suis ici maintenant. Comment puis-je vous aider?
    That there is more euro French. We in Ontario speak a more slang version but not as bad as Quebec.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    I am always horny and hungry. So, if we are not going to have sex feed me a sammich.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • lightman1
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

That there is more euro French. We in Ontario speak a more slang version but not as bad as Quebec.

Ahhh...Merci, JF. Bon jour mon ami!
  • Willow
    Options

Ahhh...Merci, JF. Bon jour mon ami!

N'importe de quand Russ.
  • Willow
    Options

No one talks like that around here. Youd be made fun of.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,825
    Options

No one talks like that around here. Youd be made fun of.

He is.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,287
    Options
    ^^^ Succinct and to the point. :)

I'm fascinated with Yiddish. My mom, in her younger days, had a lot of customers who spoke Yiddish and it wasn't unusual, growing up, to hear some Yiddish being spoken. Usually if "someone" did something wrong (as if !).
    You don't have to be fluent in Yiddish to understand whether you're being complimented or chastised.
    Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,825
    Options
    Good afternoon Forum Members, sorry it took so long to reach back out to you. My name is Ken and I work in Customer Service at Polk Audio. I would like to reach out and be an olive branch between the Forum and the employees here at Sound United. We do appreciate and thank you for your continued support of Polk Audio in all our endeavors.

The head of Marketing is still well aware of the forum and the daily discussions here. We spoke and there was no purposeful slight to the forum, however, the goal of this particular email was to inform the novice of how to set up speakers.

As for the suggested sites for consumers to reference, we wanted to offer up a mix of credible third party resources. While the forum is credible, it is (like the Polkies that inhabit it) fairly advanced in product knowledge and enthusiasm. For someone that might be entering the brand for the first time or updating from a sound bar to component speakers, it could be a very intimidating experience. With that being said, we love the enthusiasm for the brand on the forum and would like to harness this in a positive way. And would like to prepare future email tips from the actual forum to get general customers excited about engaging in it.

Please send suggestions or the tips you’d like to suggest, both general and Polk related and we’ll feature you (screen name) in the email. We’re all enthusiasts about the Polk brand and the speakers we make, our collective goal is to grow our fans and most importantly audio enthusiasts!

You can send the suggestions to myself at ken.carter@soundunited.com. If anyone has questions feel free to send them my way too.

We are looking forward to the feedback and response's from everyone.

Thank you!

-Ken

Ok gang, since Ken was kind enough to address us and ask for suggestions then why has there only been one sent to him!?! I know there are some very smart, clever folks here, so please take a few minutes and help Ken, help us by submitting your thoughts/suggestions.

Thank you,
    Jesse
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,471
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    K_M wrote: »
    Let's assume Matt Polk himself came to the forum, and someone told him to drop the "Troll Torch".....would you feel the same?
    I would think that Matt Polk's skin was a little thicker than that... You guys must be damn near clear.
    I heard Matt Polk got banned.
    I disabled signatures.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Fired off my suggestions to Ken this morning.....somehow I think the free drinks on Fridays might get shot down. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,066
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Fired off my suggestions to Ken this morning.....somehow I think the free drinks on Fridays might get shot down. :)

eDrinks. What's the harm?

;)
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Might get eNebriated.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,066
    Options
    Might get eNebriated.

Great. Now I have to squeegee spewed coffee from the display on my laptop.
    On the plus side, it's muted the blanched background of the forum.

;)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    With my luck, I'd probably get sent an eticket for keyboarding under the influence.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable