Group Buy '16: Dreadnought Avel Lindberg 1000VA Isolation Transformers

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    No need to look for the future posts, there's tons of past posts.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    edited April 2017
    F1nut wrote: »
    No need to look for the future posts, there's tons of past posts.

Again IF you know where to look, since they are all over this forum.
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    Mine arrived today via USPS (Post Office) Priority Mail. I have not opened it yet, much heavier than I expected it to be. I'll be looking to future posts on the assembly process. I'll get around to it one of these days :) . Again a very big thank you to @vcwatkins for organizing this, it's a lot of work. You folks are all great.

@aprazer402
    I'll be posting the assembly of mine on my upgrade thread..... (and asking questions I'm sure)

Also do not just credit @vcwatkins .You should also give credit to the guy who got the ball rolling in the first place and then turned it over to @vcwatkins
    @250GTLusso !!

Let's give them BOTH a round of here,here's!
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Not much assembly left for me. I just need to bolt the transformer in the box and make the connections on page 11 of this thread. Should take about 10 minutes.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Now the fun begins!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Mine was just dropped off 5 minutes ago. I hope it survived the packaging. It was simply placed in a usps flat rate box with zero material for support.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    Mine was just dropped off 5 minutes ago. I hope it survived the packaging. It was simply placed in a usps flat rate box with zero material for support.

That is interesting..... I bought one of their 800VA's a few months back and it came in well packed with foam and cardboard packing?
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2017
    kmeek wrote: »

That is interesting..... I bought one of their 800VA's a few months back and it came in well packed with foam and cardboard packing?

Just opened the box....

3w98qjangnfl.jpg
    i4n2dtkwwa60.jpg
    The single wall box, while inadequate for the task, appears to have done the job. It should be fine.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    Have you even opened it? I thought the same initially, but it was actually a decent packing job for such an unruly piece. High density foam surround would have been better, but whatever, it appears to have made it, unmolested. If not, they probably just singled you out.
    I disabled signatures.
  • kmeek
    Yeah! That is a whole Lotta nothing for packing.... :grimace:
  • nooshinjohn
    There is a three inch gap between the material and the transformer, along with holes in the box in several places...

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    Yikes.
    I disabled signatures.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    There is a three inch gap between the material and the transformer, along with holes in the box in several places...

3 inches is a bit of an exaggeration on my shipment!

I just heard a Loud A$$ Thud . . . looked out the window to see the USPS driver getting into his vehicle. Trannies layen' on the concrete porch. It was obviously dropped with zero regard. I Cannot stand those MFers!
    Tranny appears ok
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    edited April 2017
    Mailman just left, he drove down and handed me the box which shows no sign of rough handling or damage.....woot. Thanks for the group buy on this!

ekaltyoaz6qq.jpg
    xfgd22wign4l.jpg
  • kmeek
    edited April 2017
    Mine just came in and aside from the box being a little mangled they had the tranny wedged in with a good amount of cardboard and packing paper.

sbyhk5zx6tay.jpg

• Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Mine's here safe and sound. Working on another project today but hope to put it together tomorrow.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    Mine arrived on Friday but unfortunately I had back surgery on Tuesday and can't lift the damn thing for a few weeks :(
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    dkfreebird wrote: »
    Mine arrived on Friday but unfortunately I had back surgery on Tuesday and can't lift the damn thing for a few weeks :(

Seriously???? :/
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Seriously???? :/

Was hoping for some help at LSAF :*
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• dkfreebird
    Yep laminectomy,2 thru 5
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • txcoastal1
    Yep laminectomy,2 thru 5

WOW dude, sorry to hear my friend
    Hope you heal well, my mom has had h3ll with 4 back surgeries
    I'll be in town several days around LSAF, let me know if you need anything brother...seriously

I'll be visiting, Terrell and Fort Worth stores....so holla at me

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    sorry to hear this Dennis :( hope you recovery well and hoping to see you in a few weeks. maybe we can find you enough liquid pain killers ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • txcoastal1
    voltz wrote: »
    sorry to hear this Dennis :( hope you recovery well and hoping to see you in a few weeks. maybe we can find you enough liquid pain killers ;)

A few hotel pillows and a hotel luggage cart??????

• dkfreebird
    I appreciate it. I'm up and walking pretty good drugs have finally (left my system )so to speak so it is much better now.lol
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    we could push him around from room to room. and then find him a corner to sleep it off ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • txcoastal1
    I appreciate it. I'm up and walking pretty good drugs have finally (left my system )so to speak so it is much better now.lol

Now don't be stoopid, no joking matter, can you bring me back that Sunfire?

• dkfreebird
    I can get someone to put it in my truck but someone will have to unload it I think.If you need it I can get it there.
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

• txcoastal1
    edited April 2017
    I can get someone to put it in my truck but someone will have to unload it I think.If you need it I can get it there.

LOL....OH...STFU
    Do we need to come load your big boy farm @ss in the truck????

Seriously???
    Don't want to miss you at LSAF

• dkfreebird
    I'm planning on making it.
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

• txcoastal1
    I'm planning on making it.

I have a 3/4 ton, not jacked up, with a step rail and a pull handle....we can make it happen ;) ...I'll bring lightman (human crane sasquatch) and Voltz (the new most interesting man in the world) with me :D:D:DB)

Hope you're feelin' better bro keep us posted

We've already lost pepster, to some lame ****$ biker rally >:)

• dkfreebird
    I had them push the surgery up for the 18th compared to the 28 so I could have the time to get mobile for the meet. I'm not planning on missing it.
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC