Polk Signature Series Official Discussion

Comments

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,469
    Really?
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,449
    DaveHo wrote: »
    People use YouTube videos of a speaker to determine what that speaker sounds like? WHAT!? LOL!

Yeah, sounds like my $30 Creative PC speakers.....
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.Family Room:Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA, Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB .Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15Sub: SVS SB2000 Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • mrloren
    edited February 2017
    Rick88 wrote: »
    I was just browsing Amazon and found that HiDef Lifestyle has a limited quantity of all models in walnut available. And yes they are legit, I bought from them before...

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Signature-American-Theater/dp/B01MSB3ZWZ/ref=sr_1_354?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1487740598&sr=1-354&refinements=p_36:15000-50000

Nice, now just need the one missing component for me to get these.

This also raises a small dilemma for me once the missing componet is found.

Get them in black and save $60 a speaker (S55) or keep saving and get the Brown? I like the brown better but I don't know if I like them $120 better.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.Family Room:Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA, Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB .Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15Sub: SVS SB2000 Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,937
    Well, if they are going to be long term speakers, then I think it's well worth $120. If not then that's a different story...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    mrloren wrote: »
    Rick88 wrote: »
    I was just browsing Amazon and found that HiDef Lifestyle has a limited quantity of all models in walnut available. And yes they are legit, I bought from them before...

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Signature-American-Theater/dp/B01MSB3ZWZ/ref=sr_1_354?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1487740598&sr=1-354&refinements=p_36:15000-50000

Nice, now just need the one missing component for me to get these.

This also raises a small dilemma for me once the missing componet is found.

Get them in black and save $60 a speaker (S55) or keep saving and get the Brown? I like the brown better but I don't know if I like them $120 better.

Get the brown, then you won't have to sit there looking at the black ones, wishing that you should have got the brown. I've been there before. And 60 per speaker isn't much.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    A+ for @VoodooGTS !! You done nice! Enjoy. :)
  • VoodooGTS
    VoodooGTS Posts: 62
    Thanks. Will post more soon!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,937
    @VoodooGTS does that chair really keep the kid from going up the stairs? My son would just see that as something to hurdle on his way up :open_mouth:
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    @VoodooGTS does that chair really keep the kid from going up the stairs? My son would just see that as something to hurdle on his way up :open_mouth:

Yep.....You need bifocals now. I had to accept it myself not long ago.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Love that pick voodoo, that's real advertisement right there and sweet baby girl looks like she's in lala-land
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    So, I've been to our local Best Buy three times in the past two months to listen to the Signatures. All three times, the display demo setup was not working. Each time, associates just kind of brushed it off. Fail.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,465
    This is Best Buy after all. Not good for getting Polks into homes, but not necessarily Polk's fault. It does raise an interesting question though. Does Polk have reps that visit retailers to make sure their product displays are functional, or do they rely on the retailer? Like I said, this is Best Buy and my expectations are pretty low with them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited March 2017
    D2Lo wrote: »
    @VoodooGTS asked me for a wall mounted shot of the S15 in a PM. I don't have one of those in our archive but I thought I'd share this wall mount shot of a Signature S10.

7mwvemzd1uaj.jpeg

mmm -- I realize it's just a prop... but I don't recognize that TLR :/
    It looks -- interesting.
    You wouldn't happen to know what it is, do you?

I know it's not the Raymond Loewy-designed Anscoflex, but, beyond that, I dunno. Maybe some flavor of Ansco TLR?

2181454676_a897ea8c78_z.jpg?zz=1ANSCOFLEX II CON FLASH by Eduardo Urdangaray, on Flickr

I am a bit of a buff -- not quite at the same level of enthusiasm as my son, but a buff nonetheless :)

DSC_6302s.jpg

source http://icouldbeahero.blogspot.com
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    It is actually from my personal collection of stuff. I forget what it is. I'll check it out when I'm back in the studio this week and get back to you. @mhardy6647
  • D2Lo
    scubalab wrote: »
    So, I've been to our local Best Buy three times in the past two months to listen to the Signatures. All three times, the display demo setup was not working. Each time, associates just kind of brushed it off. Fail.

Which store is it?
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Mike - it's the State College, PA store. The first time, someone did try to fix it, but two associates couldn't get it to work. The next two times, they just pressed a couple buttons and basically just said "I don't know...". I didn't make a big deal out of it since each time I was in there for other reasons.
  • D2Lo
    Thanks for letting me know. We have a crew that takes care of these so I'll let the right know.
  • Curious if anyone has any feedback on the s30 vs 35? Or is it purely aesthetic? Just picked up s55's to replace my t50s.
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    DSkip wrote: »
    I prefer the S30.

Hey Skip....what attributes of the 30 do prefer over 35? What am I missing?
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Btw, a friend of mine purchased a pair of S60 towers and we set them up yesterday. They sounded great, and were easily driven by his early 2000s Denon receiver. They really presented a nice, wide soundstage - much better than expected for the price.

How do they sound compared to your RTi's?
    Denon X1200W
    Sony BDP S-590
    Mains Signature S60
    Center Signature S55
    Surrounds Polk RTi-4
  • mrloren wrote: »
    xsmi wrote: »
    We're just gonna have to see and hear these in our own homes. Hint, hint.

I wish but not today, I would have put up with the wrath of the wife if these were in stock in Walnut. it would have been Visa time.

How did they compare to your RTi's?
    Denon X1200W
    Sony BDP S-590
    Mains Signature S60
    Center Signature S55
    Surrounds Polk RTi-4
  • cfrizz wrote: »
    VoodooGTS wrote: »
    We need to see more users Signature Series set up please!

Here is a shot of my S60's, I just got them on Monday. My CC is a Boston VR920, which I don't plan on giving up. I've got about 36 hours on them, but I will say I liked them right out of the box. Thank you Polk Audio!

mpu266dgx2xd.jpg

How do like the S 60's?
    Denon X1200W
    Sony BDP S-590
    Mains Signature S60
    Center Signature S55
    Surrounds Polk RTi-4
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    I absolutely love them. Classic Polk sound that fills the room and does well with both music and movies.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    How do they sound compared to your RTi's?
    Warmer and somewhat fuller is what came to mind. I'm sure he's broken them in by now, but I've yet to hear them again since the day he got them. And... I only heard his powered by a receiver. I really liked the sound and would love to replace mine with them, if I had some free cash.
  • WsW
    WsW Posts: 24
    https://www.adorama.com/pkults20c.html?sdtid=9851260&emailprice=t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

Well ****... the deal I was waiting on finally hit again. If anyone is looking at these check out adaroma...
  • mrloren
    edited March 2017
    mrloren wrote: »
    xsmi wrote: »
    We're just gonna have to see and hear these in our own homes. Hint, hint.

I wish but not today, I would have put up with the wrath of the wife if these were in stock in Walnut. it would have been Visa time.

How did they compare to your RTi's?

Much smoother and not as bright. I've only got to hear them @ Polk thanks to @D2Lo. I do wish I could have spent more time in the room with them but we all had to get back to work.

Have not sold my receiver yet so funds are light, I do have a few for profit woodworking projects coming up and nice weather do get it done. I can't wait to get a pair but I can't put them on the CC not after the drumming i gave her for getting a new bag that was "on sale"