Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• Here's my old SRS 2s. About what I expected to get out of them after I put so much money into them. I was wrong again. :)

http://waybackgr.com/#used-equipment
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    TForan wrote: »
    Here's my old SRS 2s. About what I expected to get out of them after I put so much money into them. I was wrong again. :)

http://waybackgr.com/#used-equipment

you can ask what ever you want but what they end up selling for is an entirely different critter.
  • pitdogg2
    store fronts cost it is what it is. They have to at least double their money. If I walked in right now I'm betting they would take 8 for them right now. I have a local audio guy who is a very good guy. He has a pair of RTA12C's that he has had for 15yrs. I offered him $500.00 10yrs ago. He wouldn't take it than and he won't take it now. Pristine top hats and all he wants $1000.00 he'll have them until he dies and the son's toss them in the heap while cleaning his shop.
  • I keep an eye out for local deals, but they are few and far between around here.
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    Anyone near Salem Ohio?
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • dkfreebird
    There are a pair of crs's with the dual sl2000 tweeters for $45 close to there.
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • dkfreebird
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

• dkfreebird
    That was my thought,just wanted to throw it out there in case someone wanted them.I messaged him and they are still available.
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

• kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    @la2vegas, Which model is the most desired? Not real familiar with the compact models. You are right though $45 for a decent set of speakers is a good deal.. :smiley:
  • pitdogg2
    CRS+ one tweeter design
  • kmeek
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    CRS+ one tweeter design

Thank you. I will file that in the memory banks. I guess more drivers is not always better.
  • dkfreebird
    edited February 2017
    According to gimpods description there is a 86 year single tweeter that has dual boards that is not desirable either.I had a set, they sounded great but can't be Tl'd.Pin blade interconnect is what you want.
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

• StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    Any idea what these are? Funky looking tweeter. https://gainesville.craigslist.org/ele/6005293437.html
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • kmeek
    Looks like someone hacked a pair of monitor 10's and put in after market car speakers to replace the SL1000 or SL2000 tweeters....
  • kmeek
    edited February 2017
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Hide the women and children! Frankenpolk is back.

They probably sound like carp, and I don't mean the fish.

That's funny! I know this isn't the JBL forum but I picked up a pair of 120ti's that someone replaced the 12" woofers with fosgate punch car woofers!!! The guy said the foam surrounds went bad so he decided to replace them...... Doh!! Nice!!
  • kmeek
    edited February 2017
    1976doc wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Since you're moving from Colorado maybe you can lug these crs+ with you. The price is now down to 190. I feel that a serious cash offer can get these for $160.zwz6ra6cbnxg.jpg

Checked them out... 8/10 cosmetically but blew my mind sonically... even bone stock these things are amazing... snatched them up

Sweet! Another satisfied customer.
    You had me at "blew my mind sonically".

Starting Bucket list:
    1. SDA SRS 1.2tl
    2. CRS+
    ..... :smiley:
  • kevinko
    kevinko Posts: 165
    edited February 2017
    https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/5994294695.html
    5B?? I think
    $100.... short drive away ... with some rdo-194s.... why not?
    77aiqizatvb8.jpg
    Post edited by kevinko on
  • pitdogg2
    kmeek wrote: »
    Looks like someone hacked a pair of monitor 10's and put in after market car speakers to replace the SL1000 or SL2000 tweeters....

Coaxial no less yikes
  • kmeek

Coaxial no less yikes

Hey if you're going to gerry rig. Go big or go home.... :smiley:
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

Coaxial no less yikes

Big HORN tweeter :o
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • kmeek
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Coaxial no less yikes

Big HORN tweeter :o

Now that's a tweeter!!!
    Slap that on a pair of Monitor 10's I dare ya! Lol! 3325lnjefhl5.jpg
  • kmeek
    I don't know if this one has been seen on here or not.
    No affiliation.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ele/6007834796.html

3gc6abt5bw88.jpg
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited February 2017
    I wouldn't pay $50 for them, if I'm honest. There's no stands, they're missing a Polk badge, and they need at least two new MW's. Also is it just me or do the top hats look like they're too big?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • kmeek
    Has he lowered the original price at all or is he still asking the same??? Interestingly enough we have a guy here in Phoenix that wants $400 for the same set. So if this set in Cali won't sell for $120obo I'm thinking $400?? Yeah right!!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    The later RTA-12's are vastly superior anyway. No point in seeking the original pair out.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • kmeek
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I wouldn't pay $50 for them, if I'm honest. There's no stands, they're missing a Polk badge, and they need at least two new MW's. Also is it just me or do the top hats look like they're too big?

Now that you mentioned it. Yes the top hats look oversized almost like they bought ones for the b or c model to put on the older model??
  • pitdogg2
    Top hats can get a bad case of fabric sag. That might be the case. Those mw do not look like polk, wonder if they had to modify the hole?
  • kmeek
    Wisconsin? Seriously? :wink:
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    Great deal on those 2b's