Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,927
    hmm -- one of 'em is a little different than the other two, now that you mention it.

The interesting thing in that photo is supposed to be the amplifier :)
  • mhardy6647
    Our son the mathematics prof was at a meeting in Atlanta a coupla weeks ago. He took some photos (imagine that). Looking at them, I realize it's been a while since we were last in Atlanta.

Photos from his photoblog: http://icouldbeahero.blogspot.com

DSC_3959s.jpg

DSC_4099s.jpg

Looks like somethin' from Metropolis.

DSC_3980s.jpg

DSC_4116s.jpg
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    hmm -- one of 'em is a little different than the other two, now that you mention it.

The interesting thing in that photo is supposed to be the amplifier :)

Oh wowza!....you did actually buy it.
    And??? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    No, someone else bought it and had it shipped here for a test-drive. I feel like Blanche DuBois, depending on the kindness of strangers (or, in my case, enablers).

... and I mean that as a compliment.

Big tests comin' up as we hit the dead of winter.
    You may have noticed that this particular "Amp Camp Amp" has the same form factor as -- a certain vacuum tube phono preamp (that sits, eager, about 8 feet away from it as I type this). :blush:

Howzit sound, you ask? Effing good on the Duplexes. Definitely hifi.
    Jennys are Wailin on it even as I type.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Excellent, when the dust settles, lay down the coin for ACA and i'll trade you the BH, straight up! ;)

You know i scoured your photo for proof of life...
    I only remember i own one when you either take a photo of it or mention it in a post. :D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    Our son the mathematics prof was at a meeting in Atlanta a coupla weeks ago. He took some photos (imagine that). Looking at them, I realize it's been a while since we were last in Atlanta.

Photos from his photoblog: http://icouldbeahero.blogspot.com

DSC_3959s.jpg

DSC_4099s.jpg

Looks like somethin' from Metropolis.

DSC_3980s.jpg

DSC_4116s.jpg

Great shots. Looks like the kind of pictures I take, and my mom would say, "don't you ever take any pictures with people in them?" ... me, "why would I do that?" :smile:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Great shots. Looks like the kind of pictures I take, and my mom would say, "don't you ever take any pictures with people in them?" ... me, "why would I do that?" :smile:

Explains the gray bezels. >:)

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    edited January 2017
    D2Lo wrote: »

Yeah, he's pretty good - not that I am biased or anything.
    He does have a tendency to eschew portraits -- but not entirely. When he was in grad school, he used to get tapped by his dep't to take pictures at graduation every spring. He even took pictures for them at his own :)
    F1nut wrote: »

Explains the gray bezels. >:)
    heh-heh-heh.

• mhardy6647
    while I am tooting my son's horn, here are some of his 'people' photos:

DSC_1138s.jpg
    DSC_1196s.jpg
    0006_%2523%2523%252352450006s.jpg
    DSC_2826s.jpg

visit his site! :)

http://icouldbeahero.blogspot.com
  • I did not know that Mark Zuckerberg was a musician!
    Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!
  • Double Bass I assume?
    Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    My new work headphone setup.... Plan to connect a TT, has AUX for my iPhone and both FM and AM radio.....

3oorukekgly9.jpg
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mhardy6647
    Nice (and a nice photo, too)!

Those Sherwood receivers weren't all that popular (at least in MD) -- they were kind of eclipsed by then by the big Japanese brand names -- but they're really quite nice. Almost unassuming, but good sounding, and possessing remarkably good tuner sections.

• tonyb wrote: »
    zddj0kcpbial.jpg

Ok... I've learned a lot from reading post at Club Polk, and Club Polk has it's fair share of humor... but that right there.... that's funny lol thanks tonyb
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    A Sunday fun sketch on the iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil. An Amazon Alexa robot home assistant. "Alexa, go let the dog out, put some tea on, and fetch my slippers!"... I was thinking this would have a Roomba vacuum on the bottom so it could clean as it went.... maybe someday soon the Jetson's Rosy the Robot will become real.cqf4jq3n605e.jpeg
  • mhardy6647
    Our daughter & son-in-law have an animal rescue dog; a blue-tick hound (more or less). He is a Southern dog in his genes :) He's not crazy about snow or cold.

I mention this because he can be used to tell the temperature. If the wood stove's cranked up, and its very warm in their living room, he's splayed out on the futon. As it cools, he coils up, tighter and tighter, as the temperature drops.

tch6vn9qtnyt.jpg
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    As it cools, he coils up, tighter and tighter, as the temperature drops.

As it cools, as the temperature drops? Tssk, tsk. ;)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    edited January 2017
    My lazy pup

IMG_20170113_195452_zpskbq6mbq9.jpg
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • mhardy6647
    Nightfall wrote: »
    As it cools, he coils up, tighter and tighter, as the temperature drops.

As it cools, as the temperature drops? Tssk, tsk. ;)

Busted.
    I am guilty of the heinous crime of ambiguous antecedents. Miss Gugel (later Mrs. Kringle) taught us not to do that.

The "it" refers to the wood stove's cooling, which is strongly correlated* to the temperature drop, as well as to the hound's radius of curvature.

Thank you for catalyzing this clarification ;)
    * http://xkcd.com/552/
    correlation.png

• mhardy6647
    man, that was creepin' me out!
    No matter how I looked at it -- I was seein' -- bad things. Bad, bad things.
    Then I noticed The Nose.
    And The Eyelash(es).

Bald guy.

Dad, one presumes.

I'll bet that family's glad they took that photo, eh?

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited January 2017
    I laughed EFFing HARD!

Coupled with Marks comments . . . Hi-Lar-E-US
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • mhardy6647
    That guy needs some logical underwear.

32301826882_b7a596e94f_b.jpgWallace's Linen Mesh Underwear, 1922 by Jussi, on Flickr
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited January 2017
    UH-Hmm...
    "those who wear wool around the jewels may scratch the diamonds"
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    man, I'd be itchin' (and, therefore, scratchin') like crazy.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    eeew wool almost made me itch just thinking about it.

I miss having a dog..
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • I thought the baby's jumper read, "My Aunt is my Bi...".
    That, couple with my original interpretation of the bald papa almost had me ready to call 911 !
    Sal Palooza