• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Can you guess what this is?
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    ^ Bird tracks in snow? @scubalab
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    Those birds must have had happy feet!

I'll guess snow melting on your lawn, Al.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Great guess Hz. Duck tracks in the snow!

Mike, not my backyard but not too far from my backyard either!

Wife and I went to "Science Night" at Big Springs Distillery in Bellefonte to meet some friends. It's in the historic Match Factory in town (Beautiful place, some of the best spirits made with some of the best water in the country). Every month, Penn State Science staff and faculty do a presentation at the distillery. Last night it was on the science of chocolate!

Anyway, our daughter Katie had Tap Class in town, so we brought her with us. She got to hear the first few minutes of the talk and then I walked her to class. Beautiful walk by the old train station, through Talleyrand Park (duck park as we call it) and over Spring Creek. Let me tell you, when it's dark out and you hear several hundred ducks scurry and jump in the water, well, it startles you!

On the walk back after dropping Katie off, I saw the 'evidence'. It was very cool, and looked awesome in that light. We love our little town!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,113
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Is that middle wheel well there for future expansion, or did that poor thing lose an axle somewhere on the road?

PS I think that's the first time I ever saw a "Continental kit" on a pick-em-up truck ;)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,910
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Is that middle wheel well there for future expansion, or did that poor thing lose an axle somewhere on the road?

PS I think that's the first time I ever saw a "Continental kit" on a pick-em-up truck ;)

LMFAO !! Ya know, for a professor your pretty effin' funny. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I've always seen comic relief as one of my roles in life.

I also just noticed that the rear wheel looks like it was "dually-enabled", though it is pointedly sans dually.

That poor, poor truck.
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    What did that sweet innocent F150 do to deserve that treatment??? Poor thing!

With all the mods done are you sure it started life as an F150?
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    it's stretched, too, isn't it -- yeah, maybe it started life as a bigger truck and got reverse-upgraded?

There must be a story there. Wonder if drug addiction was a factor?
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options

There must be a story there. Wonder if drug addiction was a factor?

Can't be drugs. There'd be less parts so clearly this individual has some disposable income. That hotrod bed on....well....the bed is quite interesting. The wheel well flairs suggest that the owner is an imbecile.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Tree stump made into awesome art in St. Paul. Peace. Dd1mq256gyyx0.jpg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Awesome art on building downtown Minneapolis 5tv4tcz4q75n.jpg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Several of the thousands of oaks that were lost during hurricane Ike from the salt water poisoning have been carved in to art sculptures.

https://youtu.be/sWI7WvQ-PhM

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    My youngest daughter dressed as an extra for the Showtime TV show Banshee. I am pretty sure the sunglasses are an Amish no-no.

Jimbo, sunglasses are okay. As a dood named Paul said in the You-Know-What,
    "I see as through a glass darkly.

I didn't know they had them way back when, but ..... she's covered !
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2017
    Options
    yeah, but that Paul dude also said that he thought that women should cover their heads :neutral:
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    man we're goin' down in flames tonight --
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    mark090852 wrote: »

Taken while back county Jeeping near Telluride, CO

Colorado is the best. I just wish everyone would stop moving here. So many out of state plates... particularly TX. Go home and vote for your own recreational marijuana, we're crowded enough already.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Hey now, some of us are ski'ers and hunters...me both
    Steamboat area is my favorite place. My wife's dad was the mayor of a po'dunk town called Sugar City for years.
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Nightfall
    edited February 2017
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Hey now, some of us are ski'ers

That's true, for the out of state plates anyway. Still, there's a LOT of people moving here since we passed Amendment 64. Too many.

Is there not good hunting in TX? I've never been. One thing I miss about WI, the only thing, is the fishing. 90% of the "lakes" in CO are man made reservoirs that are artificially stocked. There's good trout fishing here if you're into fly fishing but that's about it. WI had Northern Pike, Muskie, Bass, Cat fish... so much better. Real lakes everywhere.

• Nightfall
    Options
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/29/ganjapreneurs-flock-to-colorado-following-marijuana-legalization.html
    Mike Maciag, data editor for the state and local government-focused magazine Governing, says an estimated 36,284 people moved to Colorado in 2013, almost 8,000 more than the year before. The number places Colorado in third place as the state with the most domestic in-migration.

• txcoastal1
    Options
    Great hunting in TX, 200+ lakes but only a hand full of natural lakes of size.
    Just bass, cats, perch. I'm a bigger fan of coastal fishing...hence my moniker, but don't fish much anymore. I mostly hunt. Deer, turkey, ducks, goose, and dove

• mhardy6647
    edited February 2017
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »

I'm talking for the groundhogs...

WE ARE OFFENDED!

:)
    Indeed.
    "But who will speak for the whistlepigs?" - Al Gore (former VPOTUS and Inventor of the Internet)

I know it's a rerun, but yesterday seems like a good day to post this ;)

17348086951_73cc230a81_b.jpgDSC_3707 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Several of the thousands of oaks that were lost during hurricane Ike from the salt water poisoning have been carved in to art sculptures.

https://youtu.be/sWI7WvQ-PhM

Amazingly creative! Thanks for posting, Ron.

After reading Erik Larsen's "Isaac's Storm" several years ago, I'm more than a bit gun shy of Galveston in hurricane season. :o
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Hmmm....don't know if copyright infringement or if i stole your picture.....
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    That book is a coffee table book in our house, along with and Ike book. Isaac's storm is a scary reminder.

Well they raised the island, but Ike was a beast. The damage was never portrayed on the news as it actually was, hence the reason we moved off the island 8 months later. We're still in the zone as we didn't leave the county but when 85% the island flooded up to 17', time to go.

• mhardy6647
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Hmmm....don't know if copyright infringement or if i stole your picture.....

mutual assured infringement ;)
  • Nightfall
    Options
    giphy.gif