Polk Magnifi Sound Bar suddenly stopped working

New polk magnifi soundbar won't respond to anything. Hit mute button this morning and all lights went out on front. Green light still on in back, woofer also lit up and green. Pressed all inputs, power on and off, etc. several times and no response from soundbar. Any ideas??!!

Comments

• Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum, sorry you're having a problem. I believe the only thing you can try is to after switching off the AC power selectors on the soundbar and the subwoofer, then unplug the power supplies for both. Wait a few minutes then re-plug the power supplies and switch the AC selectors on. Hopefully this will get everything working again.
    If not, telephone Polk's CS department at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1, they should be there this weekend.
    Regards, Ken
  • Yes, so taking it off the wall and pulling the cords out for a minute and reconnecting worked.... The universal fix it for electronics. Thanks! Maybe this will help someone with the same problem.
  • That's great, I'm glad it's working.
  • GeneW
    GeneW Posts: 1
    Same problem with mine...hit mute to take a 10 minute phone call then sound bar would not resume. Will attempt this fix
  • My new Polk signa S1 won't change between modes. Brand new out of the box. The only buttons that work are volume and it seems to be stuck on optic cable mode. Any ideas?
  • Hi, I've bought a Polk Audio Magnifi one 250 W six month ago and the subwoofer's started making noise and turning on and off sometimes without any reason why. I had plugged off and resync, it hasn't worked though
  • Why does the system work sometimes. It not other?
  • slope31
    slope31 Posts: 1
    For some reason my sound bar muted on certain channels the led light to the left turns green and then it mutes, I can change the channel nd the change it back and it unmutes
  • myerspat
    myerspat Posts: 1
    Polk DSB1 sound comes in and out on blue tooth. Suggestions on how to fix?
  • smgomes
    smgomes Posts: 1
    hi, I'm from Brazil. I've bought a Polk Audio Magnifi one month ago, after first use the soundbar won't respond to anything. I had plugged off and resync, it hasn't worked though. The problem is that the product warranty is not global and I am outside the US. What if I try to connect on the internet? Any suggestion. Tks a lot. Sergio from Brazil.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    I would recommend sending an email to: Ken.Carter@soundunited.com explaining your situation.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Woomom, see the above post from Ken Swauger.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • jassy
    jassy Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    My brand new Polk soundbar with Alexa is not connecting to the internet. Any idea on how to reslove this? I restarted the soundbar and app and no luck. I'm outside of the US so not sure if it's location based. However I have other original echo devices and they work fine connecting to the internet so it's this crappy product.
  • jassy
    jassy Posts: 2
    Okay I solved the problem myself with the soundbar not connecting to the internet after not getting any response from Polk via their FB page.
    Pressing the microphone and the setup button on the soundbar simultaneously for five seconds initiates a green and blue lighted ring on the alexa.
    After this is done ask Alexa if she's connected to the internet and once she responds problem is solved.
  • We purchased the Polk DSB1 Sound Bar and subwoofer through Dish Network and the Dish tech installed it. The sound will automatically go really low for no reason and will change volume when changing channels. Any suggestions?
  • I have a 6 month old Magnify One sound bar with wireless sub. Worked fine until a few days ago when it stopped producing bass. Repeatedly I've gone through the reconnection process to get the sub and sound bar paired with same results - nothing but confusing. After I initiate the pairing process, the sound bar's green light blinks quickly, then I plug the power into the sub, and wait for it to pair. The sub's green light starts to blink and after about 20 seconds the sound bar stops blinking while the sub keeps blinking. After waiting about 10-15 seconds the sound bar starts blinking again and after about 20 seconds the sound bar and the sub's green lights stay lit and stop blinking, indicating they should be connected. Nothing from the sub! And nothing changed between the time it worked and when it didn't. I don't know if the issue is with the sub or the sound bar so if any of you have had the same problem and have the solution please pass it on.
  • I have a Magnify X soundbar that won't play sound but lights up as normal. It shows source colours, optical, aux and bluetooth. It connects to bluetooth. Nothing plays sound even though the device is playing. Tv, computer and phone have no sound through the bar or the sub. I'm baffled. Unplugged and re connected both devices to np avail.
  • JEFFERYBOMIA1208
    JEFFERYBOMIA1208 Posts: 3
    edited September 2020
    Hello I am Jeffery Bomia I have a polk audio 4000 and cant get no sound, I spoke with some one from POLK AUDIO this afternoon, they told me what to do over the phone and it still doesnt work. She thinks it is the power plug or the optical cable.it keeps going in and out. What do you think it is? Do you guys service POLK AUDIO 4000 SOUND BARS? If so I need the address so I can ship it to be fixed. Also I dont have a box to ship it in. thanks MR BOMIA. ****** ADDRESS is *********
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Not gonna quote it but wow, too much personal info (you left out your SSN). @KennethSwauger can you edit his post and give some direction?
  • I'll ask someone from Polk to contact you via email.
  • Juice561
    Juice561 Posts: 2
    Hey there...I have a Polk Magfi Max since November of 2020. I am having trouble establishing a solid connection to my LG smart TV. It's connected to ARC hdmi port. But now when I turn it on, it doesn't turn on with the TV remote and it doesn't connect at all.

Also I have one blinking light on the soundbar. Any ideas what could be the cause???

Thanks in advance.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,450
    I'll ask someone at Polk to contact you.
  • Juice561
    Juice561 Posts: 2
    I fixed it. Had the wrong source on the soundbar. All good now.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    That's good news.
  • lynmyke
    lynmyke Posts: 1
    After a DISH tech installed a new receiver yesterday our Polk speakers on broadcast background noise (music etc.) from programs NO dialogue. Any suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    "speakers on broadcast background noise (music etc.) from programs NO dialogue"

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're describing. The soundbar needs to receive a Dolby Digital signal in order to create all the information where it's supposed to be. Maybe the new Dish receiver isn't setup correctly to output Dolby Digital?
  • PeteInUK
    PeteInUK Posts: 1
    Hi, my Polk Magnfi Max SR all worked fine. Turned it on today and the sub and surrounds play sound, but the main bar is silent. Can adjust volume but and the buttons do function, just no sound on the bar. Unplugged it all and reconnected, but made no difference. Any suggestions?
  • SeleniumFalcon
    I recommend sending an email to: Kim.Jasper@soundunited.com and explain the situation and let him know where you live. He can refer you to the proper source of help.