Polk Signature Series Official Discussion

Comments

• xsmixsmi Posts: 1,319
    Tease!!
    2-channel
    Yaqin MC-30L, Denon DVD 3900, Sony C69ES CD Changer, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box MM, Klipsch KG-4, Monster Cable throughout.
  • Strong BadStrong Bad Posts: 4,204
    Would love to see a center utilizing 6.5" drivers, like my current CS400. HOWEVER, do you have the frequency response specs for the S35? Whats the low end go down to? I do like what i'm seeing though with this line. Any in-ceiling's being thought of with these drivers to match?
    No excuses!
  • D2LoD2Lo Posts: 353
    edited December 2016
    I love seeing people unbox our product :-)

Michael DiTullo
    Chief Design Officer
  • agfrostagfrost Posts: 2,251
    Too bad the video says "hi res complaint" when it should say "hi res compliant".
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Marantz DV-9500 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • papatompapatom Posts: 133
    jawhog wrote: »
    Are the s15s $229 each or for the pair? I'm seeing it both ways. Even the Polk product page is sort of hard to tell . Press release said $239 for the pr, onecall has them $229/pr. Best Buy eBay has them listed at $229 each and they just responded in a msg through eBay that it is not a mistake.

It's $229 for the pair, not each. They're sold as a pair. They're also $199.99 for the pair currently on Amazon.
    Marantz SR5011 / Polk Audio Signature S55 towers / Polk Audio Signature S35 Center/ Polk Audio Signature S15 surrounds / Velodyne DPS-10 / Samsung 60" KS8000 / Samsung UBD-K8500
  • polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 2,261
    @D2Lo, are these (the entire S Series, I mean) going to be available in the outer reaches of the NY/metro area? It's kind of frustrating that no one around here has them yet. Other than North Haven CT, no other Best Buy will have them until 1/11.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
    @polrbehr

I am not sure on the specific dates. They have a pretty elaborate schedule on when each store switches over. Where in NY are you? I grew up in Newburgh.
    Michael DiTullo
    Chief Design Officer
  • polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 2,261
    I live in the *expensive* part of Long Island. If you don't know the area, it's the part that's surrounded by water... ;)

I was always reluctant to buy speakers online (without at least hearing them first), good reviews aside. This S35 will be the first time I've done this, so I'm hoping for good results.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,231
    Now you're cookin' DiJulio! I like the walnut finish. Do they have release date on those? If it's still hush-hush, I can dig. B) ;)
  • Rick88Rick88 Posts: 12,863
    Those look much better than the black, IMHO... B)
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.”
    ~ Johnny Cash

• msgmsg Posts: 4,824
    edited January 2017
    nothing to see here, move along now
    I disabled signatures.
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 13,249
    They look very nice, but I will be getting the black S60.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 ch. 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 1,763
    oh man, I am going have to get a part time at 7/11 or something. I really want a set of S60 in the brown walnut now. I would also ave to build a new stand to match....
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,
    Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, Sony DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk CSi-A6
    Front High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT
    Surrounds: Polk S15
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    4 Polk RTi4 about 15' up the wall
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • smglbrthsmglbrth Posts: 1,134
    The brown walnut on the bottom bases is a nice touch. It would have been very easy to leave that just black.
    D2Lo wrote: »
    @polrbehr

I am not sure on the specific dates. They have a pretty elaborate schedule on when each store switches over. Where in NY are you? I grew up in Newburgh.

Hmm spent a summer at camp Buckner training cadets. We stayed at Stewart AFB for two months. Pretty area in the summer.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    Old sony 12" Sub
    yup, I grew up right near the Air Force base.
    Michael DiTullo
    Chief Design Officer
    I dig that brown walnut, now I might put off an Oppo this year to get a set of these.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    Old sony 12" Sub
  • I'm quite interested in this new Polk lineup, specifically the S20+S35. Especially in that walnut, very nice. However, I can't seem to find *any* reviews on these anywhere. My use would be 60/40 music/HT and they need to really work well for music. Haven't seen anywhere you can order them in any color other that black so far...
    AFTV2->Kodi 17->Marantz SR6010->Integra DTA 70.1-> 3 X Chane A2RX-c + 2 DCM OW+Klipsch HQ12 sub
    Hi Chris, glad you are digging the walnut. We just announce the Walnut last week. They are not in stores yet and will be distributed exclusively by ProSource dealers (Crutchfield and regional hi-fi shops)
    Michael DiTullo
    Chief Design Officer
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,401
    edited January 2017
    D2Lo wrote: »
    q46abq8nmdz4.png
    OK, Now I really like the look of this!

FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
  • DawgfishDawgfish Posts: 2,541
    Yeah I liked the black, but the Walnut is really nice. I would really like to get my ears on these.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 41,416
    If only the bezel was black.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• vmaxervmaxer Posts: 4,350
    F1nut wrote: »

Black paint @F1nut

Never mind.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,889

Agree. Seems like a strange choice. If anything, the gray bezel would look better on the black speakers, but I'd prefer black on both. Oh well, just keep the grills on.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,889
    Btw, a friend of mine purchased a pair of S60 towers and we set them up yesterday. They sounded great, and were easily driven by his early 2000s Denon receiver. They really presented a nice, wide soundstage - much better than expected for the price.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,263
    They are easy to drive
    Great for most systems
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
    I will know this week on how they are I hope. No I didn't order but I am to have a listen.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    Old sony 12" Sub
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 41,416
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

Agree. Seems like a strange choice. If anything, the gray bezel would look better on the black speakers, but I'd prefer black on both. Oh well, just keep the grills on.

Agreed.....someone needs a lesson on complimentary colors starting with black goes with everything.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."