Let's see it!

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Doesn't everyone do their night time listening in the dark with their eyes closed? It's the best way to get a giant sound stage.

That's just the Dew messing with your melon....
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    tonyb wrote: »

Mikey,
    Do my eyes deceive me or is all that sweet gear plugged into....a power strip ?

It is! Well 2 actually, an oyaide MTB 6, and a Nordost QB4. Only 1500 in power strips, on a dedicated circuit with hospital grade plugs. Saving my pennies for the new Audioquest Niagra 3000 or PS audio P5 power plant.

2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Doesn't everyone do their night time listening in the dark with their eyes closed? It's the best way to get a giant sound stage.

I do....my favorite way to listen actually. When you close your eyes your senses focus more on what's available, like your hearing. Same principle as if you were a blind person, you lose one sense and the others compensate.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517

I do....my favorite way to listen actually. When you close your eyes your senses focus more on what's available, like your hearing. Same principle as if you were a blind person, you lose one sense and the others compensate.

LOL... if I did that, two mins later you'd hear me snoring, any quite time I get ends up with that here lately....

My favorite way to listen is WAAAY TO LOUD while holding Scarlett (the 1 year old baby) and dancing while Skye is busy flailing her arms around singing at the top of her lungs.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Jesse's system is definitely a mystery...
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Could be Hegel gear. Jesse usually has top shelf equipment driving his SDAs
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    He likes blue, it appears.

Actually, in full disclosure, I really like the look of blue LEDs myself. Even bright ones. They were initially exotic (when blue LEDs were hard to make and expensive), quickly became passe -- but I still like 'em.

I am a sucka for blue.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776

I've seen them in person, but was sworn to secrecy and had to sign a non disclosure contract.
  • tonyb
    lightman1 wrote: »

I've seen them in person, but was sworn to secrecy and had to sign a non disclosure contract.

The same one your girlfriends make you sign ? :p

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1

:D middle finger....
  • lightman1 wrote: »

He may have allowed you to see the 2 small rigs but no way in he77 he let you step foot in the room where the Big Rig resides. Not sure even if his look alike, Jerry Garcia, would be allowed in this room.

• EndersShadow
    edited December 2016

They trade. @lightman1 signs their NDA, and they agree not to put him on a "Whose the Daddy" episode of Maury, or sue for child support lol....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • lightman1

They trade. @lightman1 signs their NDA, and they agree not to put him on a "Whose the Daddy" episode of Maury, or sue for child support lol....

And one middle finger for you as well, Dan.
  • lightman1
    footwedge wrote: »

He may have allowed you to see the 2 small rigs but no way in he77 he let you step foot in the room where the Big Rig resides. Not sure even if his look alike, Jerry Garcia, would be allowed in this room.

There was a pool of well controlled bass......and it was good. ;)
  • EndersShadow

I'd expect nothing less.

PS outta curiosity, how come you never made it on Springer ?

tehehehehehehehe
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288

I'd expect nothing less.

PS outta curiosity, how come you never made it on Springer ?

tehehehehehehehe

He was invited to Springer but Tony and I were bailing him out of jail ( still say it was a dude) and he missed the date.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Home theater, or spare stereo.

ldngbhky05rk.jpg
    b64xq8zajcbp.jpg

HT

Onkyo SC5509 pre
    Oppo 203 UHD BR
    Cambridge Audio 840W amps (2) - front
    Sunfire TGA-5400 amp - center and rear
    Bryston BDP-1 file player
    Auralic Vega DAC
    Xbox One

Aerial Acoustic 7T speakers - front
    PSB Synchrony One - rear
    PSB Synchrony One Center
    Polk LSiW sub

MIT Shotgun XLR S.1 interconnects
    Shunyata Anaconda digital IC
    Shunyata Venom speaker cables
    Shunyata Triton v2 power conditioner

Sony XBR-75Z9D TV 75"
    Shunyata Hydra AV power conditioner (Shunyata Denali 2000 on order)

All power cords are Shunyata models, except for stupid built in cord on TV.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • tonyb
    Is that just an optical illusion Bud, or is the left speaker closer to the rear wall than the right ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BlueFox
    Optical collusion. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Your left speaker, is it not a little blocked by the rack?
  • BlueFox
    Not in any apparent way. Music and audio flows through it.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • EndersShadow
    ^what rack is that Skip?
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    nrvgvtnbl0pu.jpg

Finally coming together

WagnerRC that is a great preamp. Looks just like the one I sold about 6 months ago. I bet it sounds fantastic.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    You don't find any issues with the speakers so close together and stuffed into the corners?
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    The set up is not ideal but I have to live with it for now. We have a huge leather l shaped sectional on the long interior wall. The wife does not like the idea for me moving it at this time. I will win the battle eventually. This is my basement and play area. It is what it is for now. LOL
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    The set up is not ideal but I have to live with it for now. We have a huge leather l shaped sectional on the long interior wall. The wife does not like the idea for me moving it at this time. I will win the battle eventually. This is my basement and play area. It is what it is for now. LOL

What am I looking at in the photo? It looks like a Cary 2-piece preamp. Not sure about the amp or the TT or the speakers.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    DSkip wrote: »
    Such is life:

t14lotj4ap1d.jpg

NOW you're starting to look like my buddy's shop! (Although, they have 1 BIG room like that that all the Magico/ProAc/JBL Everest/K2/other high dollar products reside in and then like 6 more of that size. Hehe)

Nice to see your business have enough demand to warrant the demo stock!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    edited December 2016
    The amp is a Pass Lab xa30.5 the table is a music hall MMF 5 my other components are Arcam avr 350 Joule Electra LA-300 Cary 306 Oppo 103 speakers are S8 for 2 channel and S6 and adp surrounds and 2 ultracube subs
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    The amp is a Pass Lab xa30.5 the table is a music hall MMF 5 my other components are Arcam avr 350 Joule Electra LA-300 Cary 306 Oppo 103 speakers are S8 for 2 channel and S6 and adp surrounds and 2 ultracube subs

I'm lusting after one of those SLP05's so badly.. my 03 is so dammed sweet, I can't imagine what that 05 is like.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.