Let's see it!

Since the System Showcase is no more (thank you Vanilla :/ ) I'd like you to post a picture of your setup or you can post a link to a photobucket folder that features your stuff). This will be an evolving thread so, if you make changes, post another picture or direct us to the link of your favorite photo hosting site that shows us your new gear. :smiley:

Here is my current setup:

3_zpsdaonto4y.jpg

Here are some of my other setups since '04:

s76.photobucket.com/user/spin-nin/library/My%20Audio%20Setups%20Since%202004?sort=2&page=1
Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    edited December 2016
    how you like your speaks with the wizzer cones?
    I was this "" close to going that way...
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Shoot, we should shut this thread down before Lightman1 thinks this is an X-rated thread.

I'll post pics of my new set up once our couch arrives Wednesday.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    how you like your speaks with the wizzer cones?
    I was this "" close to going that way...

I love them! They're excellent all round speakers (to me). Non fatiguing, crisp with ample bass. Unfortunately, they are a touch boomy in my semi-closed room (sans subwoofer) for *2channel. To many hard surfaces downstairs and not enough time to do anything about it. For movies, they rock and i'm on the hunt for the matching center which is apparently rare.

*Don't get much time to just listen to music so they are basically HT speakers for now.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited December 2016
    Hey Mrbiron, If I get a wild hair, would you be interested in testing an integrated for me on your Zu's. I'll pay for the shipping....it's this little sweet heart
    http://www.unisonresearch.com/en/products/valves/integrated-amplifiers/simply-italy.html

pfy9v0zmfjgp.jpg
    Post edited by txcoastal1 on
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbiron
    edited December 2016
    I'd love too. The only problem is i am really short on time these days. Also, i'd have to figure out how to get music to it. Lots has changed and i run bare nitty gritty for right now. No DAC or CD player.

PC ->HDMI to Anthem MRX300 ->preout to Aux
    or
    PC -> USB to Peachtree Decco -> preout to Aux

Not that i'm trying to back out but isn't there a local TX guy with Zu's? I tried searching for him (or her) only to come up empty.
  • Those devices up by the crown molding are cameras in case anyone gets
    near the system.
    tratliff wrote: »
    Hear (<-- that was intentional :) ) is the latest version.

t64dd4ficahv.jpg

is96vfsodjz2.jpg

• mrbiron
    He did, but he went on a spiritual quest a year or so ago, and they went early.
  • txcoastal1
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I'd love too. The only problem is i am really short on time these days. Also, i'd have to figure out how to get music to it. Lots has changed and i run bare nitty gritty for right now. No DAC or CD player.

PC ->HDMI to Anthem MRX300 ->preout to Aux
    or
    PC -> USB to Peachtree Decco -> preout to Aux

Not that i'm trying to back out but isn't there a local TX guy with Zu's? I tried searching for him (or her) only to come up empty.

I also have a small form Chord DAC I could ship with it.

I'm in no rush would be after January
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited December 2016
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I'll add just because i have a photo readily available.
    Since the "girls" got the upstairs family room, i am forced to reside in mantown.

20161003_192803_zps13gcojud.jpg

Looks like a pretty nice neigborhood to me.
    I don't see a single empty, greasy pizza box, e.g.
    No empty beer bottles, either.
    Classy joint.

:)

EDIT: But, but -- I don't see a phono preamp?! Where's your phono preamp!?
    Whoops -- I know where it is :disappointed:

EDIT^2: FWIW, I really like the wall color! Looks like a light, sage-y green on my monitor(?). Nice color.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    This will be a nice thread to follow
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    Those devices up by the crown molding are cameras in case anyone gets
    near the system.
    tratliff wrote: »
    Hear (<-- that was intentional :) ) is the latest version.

t64dd4ficahv.jpg

is96vfsodjz2.jpg

Not true. No kids and wife only watches the TV. No need to worry about it.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    DSkip wrote: »
    Todd, your room is still one of the most comfortable listening rooms I have been in. I've never felt so at home in someone else's room before.

Thanks man. It has taken sometime to put together but I am content at this point. or at least until the cd/sacd/transport/DAC bug bites. I'm trying not to let it pull me down.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • mrbiron
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Looks like a pretty nice neigborhood to me.
    I don't see a single empty, greasy pizza box, e.g.
    No empty beer bottles, either.
    Classy joint.

:)

EDIT: But, but -- I don't see a phono preamp?! Where's your phono preamp!?
    Whoops -- I know where it is :disappointed:

EDIT^2: FWIW, I really like the wall color! Looks like a light, sage-y green on my monitor(?). Nice color.

I clean up my beer bottles thank you very much!

It's called "Contended" by Sherwin Williams. It's my favorite color in the house! Greenish Grey

Thank the heavens New Hampshire doesn't acknowledge common law or that preamp would be yours. It wouldn't matter because my turntable is in an unmentionable location right now singing the rubbermaid blues...
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    My stuff is still in boxes. Not much to see at this point. :'(
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    ooh, those are pretty.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Halo, funny that you started this thread today. For the last ten years or so I've had nothing but SDA's in my 2-channel set-up.

This morning I received a pair of Dynaudio Contour S 3.4 LE's and rolled them into the mix.

They will need plenty of break-in so I'm told, so the process has started. They have already opened up considerably in just a few hours...Good stuff :D

How are you feeling about them being a long time SDA listener?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Halo, funny that you started this thread today. For the last ten years or so I've had nothing but SDA's in my 2-channel set-up.

This morning I received a pair of Dynaudio Contour S 3.4 LE's and rolled them into the mix.

They will need plenty of break-in so I'm told, so the process has started. They have already opened up considerably in just a few hours...Good stuff :D

How are you feeling about them being a long time SDA listener?

What up Josh...can you not read? :#:p;) ...The last sentence sir

• txcoastal1

A couple recomendations

Mark Knopfler - Shangri-La CD
    Bernadette Peters - Black bird

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited December 2016
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    What up Josh...can you not read? :#:p;)

Depends on how long the words are but sometimes. In this case I was hoping to get more detailed info than "good stuff". :D
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

A couple recomendations

Mark Knopfler - Shangri-La SACD
    Bernadette Peters - Black bird

fixed it for ya...HeliPilotDoug played some Bernadette Peters music for my on your speakers :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD