Do we have any vegans in the house?

polkfarmboy
polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
edited September 2016 in The Clubhouse
Me and my wife is cutting out meat to help curb my limp biscuit. I was just wondering if any polkies out there have taken the step to live a meat free life?
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I don't understand the concept.
  • I think he drank the koolaid
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • There's a pill for your limp biscuit...
  • This post....oh man.

The term you used to describe what is better phrased (I hope) as ED is super unfortunate. I am hoping you are not referring to the urban dictionary definition. I guess not eating ...meat...would help with either issue, but still.

That said, I commend you for asking the tough questions, especially of this audience.
  • Paradoxex wrote: »
    This post....oh man.

The term you used to describe what is better phrased (I hope) as ED is super unfortunate. I am hoping you are not referring to the urban dictionary definition. I guess not eating ...meat...would help with either issue, but still.

That said, I commend you for asking the tough questions, especially of this audience.

You obviously don't know of the OP grasshopper...
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Don't forget to join the gluten free (even though we're not celiac) hipster movement too.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Non gmo I'm assuming?
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • Nightfall wrote: »
    Don't forget to join the gluten free (even though we're not celiac) hipster movement too.

Well he does wear skinny jeans and drives an automatic Porsche. I guessing sporting a "man bun" as well...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Couldn't have anything to do with those skinny jeans, would it!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Get Tony to sell you some of those magic berries.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall wrote: »

Well he does wear skinny jeans and drives an automatic Porsche. I guessing sporting a "man bun" as well...

Under the trilby, which he tells people is a fedora, and his matching man purse?
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Not only no, but heck no.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited September 2016
    E.D. and Veganism? Really?

What are you, like 300 lbs, with serious hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, etc.? If so, then yeah, a Vegan diet might help that!

But if you're normal weight and not that old. You should consult with your Doctor. Also check to see how much zinc you're getting from your current diet. And, yes, skinny jeans lower your sperm count, but that should not affect performance.

Where's Joey when you need him? Calling Doctor Joey!

I just want to add, that Veganism is currently a "fad". Sure you should eat less meat, especially as you get older, but centenarians come in many dietary varieties! lol

Moderation, always a good policy!
    Post edited by cnh on
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    I'm surprised he is not blaming UPS for damaging his performance....

Honestly PFB this could stem from many reasons, most likely lifestyle. Are you stressed? Drinking too much or doping? Are you still attracted to your wife? Do you have thoughts that you might not be hetero?
    Just throwing stuff out there. But I'm sure your situation is difficult and stressful on you. We live in such a sexualized society. Hope you guys find out what is ailing PFB jr.
  • Why does your wife have to cut out meat for YOUR limp biscuit?
    If you're otherwise healthy, a quality source of tongkat ali, taken daily, will put the lead back in your pencil.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • All I need a roast beef samich and a good breeze!!!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Don't laugh PFB, but those skinny jeans aren't doing you any favors for your ....um, Biscuit. Going vegan may or may not help you some but it won't cure your woes.

E.D. is a simple matter of getting blood to your Biscuit. Many reasons can influence that. An enlarged prostate, clogged arteries, high blood pressure, diet of course. Your fairly young, but I would check your blood pressure first. Your diet, if your eating fast foods and high fat foods, preservative laden foods will also work against you. Always a good idea to check in with the doc to make sure nothing major is going on.

There are certain herbs and spices to help you if nothing major is going on. Don't take the little blue pill as that can have some side effects other than the one intended. Tongkat Ali as mentioned above, Turmeric, cinnamon, lemons, garlic.....even good old fashioned watermelon can help. Same with Berries of any kind. Dark green leafy vegetables in salads, with an oil and vinegar dressing, some lemon too. L-arginine, available at any local store helps create nitric oxide which in turn relaxes the blood vessels allowing more blood to flow. However, it dissipates quickly so if you take 2-3 1000 mg. pills, it may last only for about and hour or so. That should be enough time, no ? lol

Find what works for you, but I think an adjustment to your diet is probably the answer for you. Remember, the key is to get blood flowing so whatever helps to relax the blood vessels will help you....skinny jeans will not. Just a few tips from the cheap seats.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    No meat = Caitlin Jenner

And don't drag Fred Durst into this mess. He already has enough problems.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mrbiron wrote: »
    And don't drag Fred Durst into this mess. He already has enough problems.

He's got 99 problems, but that aint one
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    I think PFB should clarify what he meant by limp biscuit and why his wife would need to be involved too.
  • Cutting out meat doesn't make you vegan. Are you cutting all animal products or just meat?
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • Aw.... bless its little biscuit

feb_12_dailydoodle_limp.jpg
  • tonyb
    Emlyn wrote: »
    I think PFB should clarify what he meant by limp biscuit and why his wife would need to be involved too.

Good point, after all....the wife I'm pretty sure isn't suffering a limp biscuit. Least I hope not, but in todays world your just never 100% sure. :)

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • That is the last thing a man wants to hear from his significant other is "I quit eating meat".
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • tonyb
    I once tried to be a vegan. Worst 10 minutes of my life.

Amen brother, no way I'm giving up steak, veal, or lamb. Life's too short to eat like a rabbit. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Me and my wife is cutting out meat to help curb my limp biscuit.

maybe you need a "hotter" wife.......just sayin >:)

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    tonyb wrote: »
    I once tried to be a vegan. Worst 10 minutes of my life.

Amen brother, no way I'm giving up steak, veal, or lamb. Life's too short to eat like a rabbit. lol

I let my rabbits eat my veggies.....then rabbit gutpile and Hasenpfeffer....mmmmmm
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    @cnh skinny jeans can actually cause vascular problems that lead to reduced blood flow. Lower blood flow means certain parts don't fill up. Also, skinny jeans can put pressure on muscular structures that do things like compress veins so blood can't get out of places as easily. Also, the mechanism that causes things to stand at attention is the parasympathetic nerves releasing nitric oxide. If you have physiological problems causing reduced blood flow to that area then your parasympathetic nerves might be releasing enough go juice, it's just not getting to where it needs to be in enough quantities to get things happening.

If you're a smoker, the combination of the arterial narrowing that smoking causes in addition to the above mentioned issues from wardrobe choices could very well lead to issues. If you're a moderate to heavy drinker on top of all that, that bodes even worse.

I've even heard of people fainting because their skinny jeans were too tight. If it can affect the head you are supposed to be thinking with so much, it's not a stretch that it affects the head you shouldn't be thinking with too!

Meat, on the other hand, is not listed anywhere as a cause and a vegetarian diet of any kind is not listed as a cure.

Diabeetus and other weight/diet related issues are, though. But that's not solved by a simple diet. It's a necessary lifestyle change that requires more than just watching what you eat.

Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!