Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Easy gentlemen.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Gentlemen? Who came in? Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • inspiredsports
    Options
    Paradoxex wrote: »
    SORRY SO MANY PARAGRAPHS, BUT I HAVE BEEN THERE . . .

The diet eliminates everything that makes parts of your body inflamed, and that seems to be the root of all disease. You cleanse your liver and other organs and stop producing inflamatory insulin and cortisol.

What exactly is inflammatory about insulin?

With high sugar (or high carbs that turn to sugar) diets, the body trends toward type 2 diabetes and becomes less sensitive to insulin. The resulting insulin resistance also leads to inflammation. With more inflammation causing more insulin resistance. Blood sugar levels creep higher and higher. Cutting / limiting sugar and carbs lets the body rest and inflammation subside.

VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options

The diet eliminates everything that makes parts of your body inflamed, and that seems to be the root of all disease. You cleanse your liver and other organs and stop producing inflamatory insulin and cortisol.

With high sugar (or high carbs that turn to sugar) diets, the body trends toward type 2 diabetes and becomes less sensitive to insulin. The resulting insulin resistance also leads to inflammation. With more inflammation causing more insulin resistance. Blood sugar levels creep higher and higher. Cutting / limiting sugar and carbs lets the body rest and inflammation subside.

Insulin is inflammatory! You shoulda heard some of the statements it made about the rest of the endocrine system the other day! Scandalous, I dare say!
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited October 2016
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Insulin is inflammatory! You shoulda heard some of the statements it made about the rest of the endocrine system the other day! Scandalous, I dare say!

If I didn't know better I'd say you'd been hanging out with Hardy, Russ? And that the two of you are getting ready to do a BP comedy tour! Your audiences, will of course, be double blind!

Now back to work! I'm not regenerating any brain cells of late, and my time is running out, unlike all of the "jolly" fellows here! They all seem so happy and undisturbed by...well it is dark outside. Did you ever walk by the seaside at night with no lights to guide you, where the land is indistinguishable from the ocean except for the sound of waves. Now imagine yourself deaf. That's where I spend most of my time.
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    The little blue pill would just give you a stiff neck. :)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    C is walking the perilous tightrope of madness. And the ocean gales are tugging at his cuffs.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    Now imagine yourself deaf. That's where I spend most of my time.

Join the party my Greek friend. :) You get to an age though were you don't give 2 hoots anymore.

PFB,

Joey made a good observation about your BMI. Have you considered adding some muscle mass to that skinny frame ? Testosterone as you know, goes down as we age and also with the loss of muscle mass. I don't know how old you are, but I'm pretty sure your not 18 anymore. It would be pretty hard to build some muscle as a vegan, just sayin'.

Maybe the best advice here is to educate yourself on how the body works and how it works as we age. There are many remedies for your problem that don't require prescription meds. Given your relatively youthful age, I would put more weight on the diet side of things, maybe build a little muscle too. While your grazing the internet for audio gear, picking up that French maids outfit for the wife off Amazon might help things along too. :)

Seriously though, do some research, look at parts of the world where they live longer and keep their vitality well into their 80's. At the very least it will give you an idea of the path you should be on.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited October 2016
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

:)
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hmmmm, eliminating one type of meat to effect another type?? Seems counterintuitive to me.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Man this dude could start a thread about making toast and it would go to 10 pages...WOW....Like sand through the hourglass these are the days of our lives...
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    As a lifetime member of and in good standing with PETA ( people enloying tasty animals) I dont understand not eating meat!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • shadowlight
    shadowlight Posts: 327
    edited October 2016
    Options
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Man this dude could start a thread about making toast and it would go to 10 pages

Your right...lol. Toast upside down or right side up, how many watts is the toaster, does whole grain toast better than white ? Butter or jelly ? Is it bad to use a metal fork to get the toast out of the toaster ? Where do toasters go when they die ? My toaster got damaged during shipping. Did you buy the extended warranty on your toaster ?

LMAO....the possibilities are endless.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Man this dude could start a thread about making toast and it would go to 10 pages

Your right...lol. Toast upside down or right side up, how many watts is the toaster, does whole grain toast better than white ? Butter or jelly ? Is it bad to use a metal fork to get the toast out of the toaster ? Where do toasters go when they die ? My toaster got damaged during shipping. Did you buy the extended warranty on your toaster ?

LMAO....the possibilities are endless.

Where to buy black paint for toasters?
  • JimKellyfan
    Options
    I may have eaten a Vegan once, I think it got me sick.
    I'll stick to my some type of meat, at least every other day or go through withdrawal.
    I could not live without my steak n mashie taties, really.
    Or my super colossal burger
    Or crock pot stew
    And the list does go on for ever, as there are lotsa mammals that need eatin.
    You see, we have those sharp teeth too, not just molars.
    And if we had just molars, I would just cut into smaller pieces
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Main - polkaudio Monitor 60's
    Center - polkaudio CSI A6
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Surrounds - polkaudio Monitor 40 series II
    Front Height - polkaudio Monitor 40's
    Audio Outdoors
    Pioneer VSX 406 - polkaudio Atrium 5
    Shed
    Sony junker str-dn2010 with Sony bookshelf floor models and polkaudio R150's
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Options
    Ok first thing I have done since posting is cut out all sugar. Not only the pop is cut out but even thinks like liquid fruit that punches in your liver with a sugar rush. I can say that this has been super hard to do and when the wife's asleep I am tempted to run out to the gas station for those lovely snashters! Still reading a ton of literature and it's very confusing to take in as there is many conflicting opinions on the subject.
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited October 2016
    Options
    One thing I need to warn you about, and hang in there, but I felt like pure shizz when I first quit sugar. It took 5+6 weeks and then I felt better than I had in years. Sugar is a freaking drug!

Coffee is another thing to limit if you can, but not as bad as the big S

MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    Options
    One thing I need to warn you about, and hang in there.

That apparently IS the problem.... :p

• Paradoxex
    Paradoxex Posts: 189
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The puzzling thing is this: Why if so many other people don't have to take drastic dietary measures to operate correctly....do you?

I would want to know why I am not operating according to spec before I ran around trying holistic therapies. Trying cures without a sound diagnosis seems inefficient, to put it mildly.
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    Its not even been 5 to 6 days and I am quite honestly a bit depressed. I am usually quite chirpy but it's mentally affecting me in a way I never thought it could.

Check out tonight's dinner for me, mmmmm bet you guys are proper jelly over this one.3vb0ca9xkneb.jpg
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    I've heard quitting sugar and carbs can do this to you. Hang in there, think of it what's worse your dinner or having Jr not working......
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    I've heard quitting sugar and carbs can do this to you. Hang in there, think of it what's worse your dinner or having Jr not working......

Thanks man.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    It's the 'carb flu'... I recently switched to a hi fat, low carb (no sugar no grain) diet. You definitely go through a sort of withdrawal. I've been doing this nutrition plan for about 7-8 weeks now (down just over 10 pounds) and it definitely gets better, so give it time and hang in there! Get past the carb flu.

That smoothie looks like one I make for breakfast (avocado, coconut milk, and strawberry whey protein). I actually love it!
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    Hopefully I can loose fat and add some muscle to balance. My body is skinny but my belly is chubby. Here is a belly shot, of my right now and will post another in six weeks to show the world the power of veganism! a2fswcd95dc8.jpeg
  • Paradoxex
    Paradoxex Posts: 189
    Options
    Are you eating fish? As everyone has said, adding muscle without protein is going to be very hard and demoralizing.

Hell, nothing to add at this point. Good luck!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    Options
    Hopefully I can loose fat and add some muscle to balance. My body is skinny but my belly is chubby. Here is a belly shot, of my right now and will post another in six weeks to show the world the power of veganism! a2fswcd95dc8.jpeg

Damn, are you Joey's twin? Not a hair on your freakin' body...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Hopefully I can loose fat and add some muscle to balance. My body is skinny but my belly is chubby. Here is a belly shot, of my right now and will post another in six weeks to show the world the power of veganism!

Well at least it's not another pic of him sitting on the toilet with his tablet

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited October 2016
    Options

Blog-Post-13-1.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Dam_! That's what a 126 lbs at 5'10" looks like, really? No way you wouldn't have a slight outline of ABS at that weight! What are YOU doing? Do you even exercise? Last time I saw something close to that, I was 14 going on 15, 135 lbs at 5'10 1/2" (and still growing) and even though everyone that I was skinny, I did have some muscle on that frame. The teenage years, I packed on another 40 pounds of mostly muscle by my senior year in H.S. and another 2 1/2", but, I still looked pretty slim at 6' 1" and 175lbs. Ah, those were the days! lol

Frankly, you can't afford to lose "any" more weight! And that Vegan diet just might cause more weight loss which WILL include muscle loss unless you UP your calories a lot and get a decent amount of vegetable protein. It is REALLY hard to lose FAT without losing some muscle with that fat-not impossible, but very very difficult (I ought to know, am in the midst of that battle-gets far worse as you get older).

Someone mentioned a whey shake above? Sorry whey is not Vegan! He'll have to get his protein from rice, pea and soy powder-based protein supplements. Or just eat excessive amounts of beans, lentils, soy, etc.

You'll also have to EAT TONS of CARBS! And don't forget the GOOD fats, won't be boosting T levels without them! Frankly, I'd find an M.D. who while versed in western medicine also knows something about nutrition and alternative therapies and is not afraid to straddle the two! Your current M.D. is obviously not one of those! You need someone who will "talk" to you not send you on your way with his prescription pad!

Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]