Madmax has left the building, RIP

Comments

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    My condolences to his family, may he RIP.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • RIP Max
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • woofiepaws
    woofiepaws Posts: 214
    Sad news.
    I believe he posted on the Carver Forum as well.
    MacBook Pro running Roon-Monoprice USB-Schiit Gungir Multibit-Audioquest Earth-Schiit Freya with Tung Sol 6SN7s-Audioquest Sky-Krell FPB 400cx-Audioquest Mont Blanc-1.2tls with all the mods.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    RIP Madmax!
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • He made the world a better place. Rest in peace, Madmax, spin some vinyl with Mr. Grand.
    Sal Palooza
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    Sad to hear about this.

Rest in peace.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Very sad news. Prayers to the family
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    My condolences to his family. He was a good guy and will be missed.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Rip Madmax!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    So sorry to hear of Chuck's passing. He was a frequent visitor to our home when we resided in Maryland. Always a gentleman and a blues lover - which gave us a natural affinity. RIP
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Rip. Dang I didn't know he was sick or anything.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    edited August 2016
    I just found out it was a massive heart attack in his sleep. So sad to hear, RIP
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    I thought the cause would be a heart attack.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Wow another good one gone R.I.P.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    RIP Chuck.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    I just came back from his house, and as Kevin stated he had a massive heart attack in his sleep, he left work early on Monday he wasn't feeling well, and had Tuesday off as well, he didn't show up to work on Wednesday, family sent authorities to his house, and found him..

He had a ton of gear, I really debated bringing the Polks home, cleaning them up making a new grill, and selling them, but I just couldn't bring myself to pulling out $800 for the project, and it wasn't in me to talk them down in price to push me over the edge, seemed very inappropriate...

There is a ton of stuff for the DIY'er, lots of Dayton stuff...

His family is a very nice bunch... He will be missed...
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Never met Chuck but always enjoyed his posts. RIP sir and condolences to his family. 2 years younger than me. Makes me think I need to evaluate my lifestyle.
  • Never met Chuck but always enjoyed his posts. RIP sir and condolences to his family. 2 years younger than me. Makes me think I need to evaluate my lifestyle.

It sounds like he didn't recognize the seriousness of his condition. I know that we all hate to go see the Docs, but we owe it to our families,friends,& careers to heed the warnings. I had chest pains last year during light golf walking and went to the Doc right away, had the stress tests and all blood work done, scared to death. Found out that it was simply due to de-conditioning......I had gotten so out of shape working from home that any exercise at all put me into a trouble zone. All the tests went great, heart was good, all numbers were top notch, I had simply become too lazy and carried too much weight.

I now walk at least 3 miles each morning, dropped 50 lbs., do stretching exercises for balance and flexibility. Promising all to be around another 2-3 decades if possible. I turned 58 this week.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    I do my best to hit the gym 3-4 times a week, sometimes life just gets worse n the way, that's awesome you can fit in a 3 mile walk... Keep it up..
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited August 2016
    Condolences to his family and friends. Seemed like an interesting guy (from the comments above-I did not know him).

On a side note. You can DO everything, but once you turn that sixth decade, all you experience is soreness and stiffness in the morning, the inability to make any REAL gains, passing out from dehydration in the gym or, more probably, muscle glycogen depletion, and losing even a pound or two requires a labors of Hercules effort or starvation diets that will enfeeble you (Tea and brussel sprouts, anyone?)! Unless you're one of those boys, and YOU know WHO you ARE! Who are dosing TRT and HGH, etc. Then there's the, ever so SLOW decline in mental prowess-the most insulting of all! lol

All you can do is maintain and watch the gradual, but inevitable, work of entropy. So sad this living/dying thing!
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Sad news, Jesse. I had always enjoyed our discussions over the years. RIP Chuck.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    RIP Madmax.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Never met Chuck but always enjoyed his posts. RIP sir and condolences to his family. 2 years younger than me. Makes me think I need to evaluate my lifestyle.

It sounds like he didn't recognize the seriousness of his condition. I know that we all hate to go see the Docs, but we owe it to our families,friends,& careers to heed the warnings. I had chest pains last year during light golf walking and went to the Doc right away, had the stress tests and all blood work done, scared to death. Found out that it was simply due to de-conditioning......I had gotten so out of shape working from home that any exercise at all put me into a trouble zone. All the tests went great, heart was good, all numbers were top notch, I had simply become too lazy and carried too much weight.

I now walk at least 3 miles each morning, dropped 50 lbs., do stretching exercises for balance and flexibility. Promising all to be around another 2-3 decades if possible. I turned 58 this week.

I'm with you on a lot of this. Down 70# from my highest so definitely not overweight. All my tests look good as well.Also somewhat sedate from a home office job. Downside is I smoke and drink too much, I know it, just need to do something about it.
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Sad news. RIP and I wish the best for his family...
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Sad to hear. May you rest in peace, Chuck.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    I just found out about this.

I wasn't his favorite person but I doubt I'm anybody's favorite person. It still sucks.

Say hi to George for me, Chuck.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    WOW I'm so sorry to hear this RIP Madmax, you will be missed.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Oh man. Didn't see that coming. God bless and God speed you hi-fi GIANT. What a great, level headed fellow hi-fi nut. I really respected his opinions on gear.

Dang Chuck.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2