Madmax has left the building, RIP

Options
13»

Comments

• tat
    tat Posts: 159
    Options
    Sorry to hear of this, hopefully Chuck checked out on his own terms. RIP Madmax

I am curious as to how this could even be possible for a human being? Seems like an oxy-moron to me.

When freedom is outlawed, only outlaws are free...
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    So sorry to hear this. Loss of another long time member. Prayers with be said.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,195
    Options
    That's a real bummer. I had a few dealings with Chuck and I know we had a lot of conversations in the forum. He was one of the greats here.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Thoughts and Prayers sent for the family
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    Options
    What a bummer. :'(
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Options
    Wow. Thats a name I remember from long long ago.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    RIP I'll read through some of MAXs thoughts and opinions on this forum in his honor.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Rest in peace...
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    Out of curiosity anyone know how he died?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    Out of curiosity anyone know how he died?

Massive heart attack, sir
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Man,fixing to turn 54 myself.R.I.P sir.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Was he only 54? God that's too young!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
    Options
    So sad to hear. RIP. Another great Polkie will be missed.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Madmax.....in his own words.

"Schiit recommends at least 2 weeks or more to completely burn in. I am very impressed with the sound I have today. If it gets any better I may just schiit myself."

:'(:D
  • Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    Options
    So, so sorry to hear this. He was a great guy from the limited dealings I've had with him here on the board.
  • tat
    tat Posts: 159
    Options
    Heart trouble can take men particularly very early, even healthy men. Alot of genetics at work there. And the worst part is per ad the 1st sign of heart disease is usually a sudden heart attack. My brother had a heart attack at 40, and would've died had there not coincidentally been a defibulator right there and someone to use it properly.
    When freedom is outlawed, only outlaws are free...
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Maybe the good people at Polk should add a section to the forum "Gone but not forgotten forum legends" ?
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Options
    RIP Madmax , thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I am very sorry to hear of his passing. I am grateful for the many discussions we had. He was always willing to offer advice and assistance.

i remember the joke about many members not being able to gain access to his house and all the audio goodies which lay therein.

We shared a painful experience with McAllister Audio of Canada.

I will miss him.

My neighbor, who was a drummer, passed away a few days ago and wasn't discovered until yesterday.

The good guys leave us far too soon. Thank you for everything you have done for the hobby and for your guidance of a fellow audio enthusiast from Chicago.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    Condolences to his family and friends. Seemed like an interesting guy (from the comments above-I did not know him).

On a side note. You can DO everything, but once you turn that sixth decade, all you experience is soreness and stiffness in the morning, the inability to make any REAL gains, passing out from dehydration in the gym or, more probably, muscle glycogen depletion, and losing even a pound or two requires a labors of Hercules effort or starvation diets that will enfeeble you (Tea and brussel sprouts, anyone?)! Unless you're one of those boys, and YOU know WHO you ARE! Who are dosing TRT and HGH, etc. Then there's the, ever so SLOW decline in mental prowess-the most insulting of all! lol

All you can do is maintain and watch the gradual, but inevitable, work of entropy. So sad this living/dying thing!

Cardio Vascular Disease is the #1 killer. It is "preventable" but it requires a change in lifestyle (diet & exercise). The sooner you get away from processed foods and up your intake of fruits and vegetables the better. Exercise programs are a must but the most important factor in a successful exercise program is your diet.

Please take a word of advice from a Public Health major, prevention is the key and it costs far less over your lifetime than Rx drugs and surgeries will later in life.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options
    Sorry to hear. RIP Chuck
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    Step away for a few weeks and another Polkie is gone. Sad news to hear this morning. RIP.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    Options
    R.I.P.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    RIP madmax
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer