RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited May 2016
    Options
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    I was poking Jesse in the ribs... guess you missed it. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    Right over my head.......lol
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It means get out your iPhone and post some pictures... Sheeeesh :D
    Yeah i'll be posting some pics in my Magico S5 Mk2 thread in 2-3 wks when my new speakers are delivered.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    I cant believe its taken 8 pages, but........

"The sound is better"
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options

"The sound is better"

I say that in my head every time I see this thread back at the top. :p
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    With civil conversation B)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options

"The sound is better"

Level the playing field and you'll sing a different tune.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    I have heard some very high end rigs with digital sources, and still prefer the vinyl. There is a guy that is a dealer for the new Carver stuff, including the speakers, and I went and spent an afternoon listening to servers, SACD and vinyl on the new Amazings and the 350's. The vinyl was the winner hands down, and that was before the Triangle came up.

Some of us just like different things, but I will say that if I ever decide to blow things up and start over, I think I will look to simplicity, and a server would not be out of the question.

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    One of the things I like better about digital than LP's is that digital seems to give a wider sound stage. I can only assume this is because of issues with crosstalk/stereo separation with cartridges? Anyhow, I just ran across this which looks interesting.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/jolida-foz-xt-r-for-crosstalk-reduction/

?size=648,460

Priced at $349

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-395246-jolida-foz-xt-r-crosstalk-reduction-device.aspx

Who's going to buy one and let us know how it is? ;)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    One of the things I like better about digital than LP's is that digital seems to give a wider sound stage. I can only assume this is because of issues with crosstalk/stereo separation with cartridges? Anyhow, I just ran across this which looks interesting.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/jolida-foz-xt-r-for-crosstalk-reduction/

?size=648,460

Priced at $349

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-395246-jolida-foz-xt-r-crosstalk-reduction-device.aspx

Who's going to buy one and let us know how it is? ;)

I find just the opposite with my vinyl setup vs. my digital setups. Get the cart dialed in and you'll notice exceptional soundstage properties with the turntable. The item above will definitely help, but I bet there are some other things you could tweak to get the soundstage dialed in without spending more money. It just takes some time, reading, and experimenting with your setup. That's another reason I personally prefer vinyl, it appeals to my nature which is very much a tinkerer.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    My cartridge claims to have better than 95db channel separation, and from what I hear, I am inclined to believe them.

With the right tools and some patience, it does not take long to dial things in. I was listening to Dire Straits MoFi of "Money For Nothing", and I was amazed by the incredible detail in Sting's opening contribution to the song. I could hear the air in his voice and the subtle shift in tone as he sung. This has been one of my reference tracks for a long time, and I can say that until last week, I had never heard any of it like this.
    and that would be true for some very high end digital sources as well.

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    For what it's worth, Robert Harley of The Absolute Sound reviewed the recent Munich High end show that had high end analog as well as new high end digital equipment.

One of his final comments was "The best sounds I heard in Munich were Rockport Altair II speakers driven by Absolare’s new Passion integrated amplifier (!) and sourced by a Kronos turntable in the Absolare room.

Did he say the source was a Turntable...
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703