George Grand

1235»

Comments

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    I'm really sorry I missed this, taking some time away for more pressing matters.

George Grand, gone! It seems like just yesterday that I first met him at a PFest. A real Mensch, a man of superior integrity and a fellow-countryman. He will be missed by all.

RIP, George. Condolences to his family and friends!

Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    R.I.P. George.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Face wrote: »
    R.I.P. George.

Wow, haven't seen you here in a long time.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    The one and only time I met George in person, I immediately knew he was a great guy. We chatted several times over the course of the day. Very friendly, witty, interesting guy. I liked him. I'm sure he'll be greatly missed by all who knew him. My condolences to all his friends and family.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    I just learned of GG's passing. The world lost a truly great man. I remember many discussions with him over the years, and meeting him at Polk Fests. The night at Matt Polk's house will never be forgotten. The Marantz receiver I bought from him is running in my IL house system. I have scores of vinyl that I bought from him. My glass is raised and a prayer said for he and his family.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    He was a great man, I only knew of him through this forum but loved the chats, posts and comments. I don't visit here as much as I used to and just learned of his passing today. Godspeed George, you are missed!
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Worked in the yard today and hooked up the patio rig. Driving some Polk Atriums with the Carver receiver I picked up from George late last summer. Only met him once, but couldn't help think of how nice a guy he was, as he and his family were in my thoughts all day today listening to tunes on his old Carver. :(
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    I've been away from thecforum lately and just found out on the passing of my good friend George Grand. To say that im surprised and devastated is an understatement.
    RIP my friend. You'll be missed.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.