Diminishing Returns? MIT cables.....

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Someone has completely missed the point again. How is anyone expected to post a proper response to information purposely taken out of context? Try as you might, and of course you will, no amount of song and dance will get you out of that.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    X,
    Most here could care less if you can or can't hear a difference. We've been down this road before many times. It's when some profess their experience must apply to all that becomes the problem, or those arguing one side have zero to fall back on to support an opinion.

RM or William have never posted anything about their experiences in such matters. I don't think you have either from what I recall. The devil is always in the details, and details is what is consistently missing from cable debates.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,708
    tonyb wrote: »
    I don't think so Fox, nothing brings William out of the closet quicker than a cable debate. Though I must admit, the timing is a bit strange. Coincidence ?

Really? I don't think I've commented in any cable debate in almost a year, maybe longer.
  • WilliamM2
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Interesting how William jumped right on the MIT quote, and was aware of the source. Is he double posting under the rmpolk handle?

Have you really been on the internet this long, and still don't know how to find things? It's not that hard, really.
  • WilliamM2
    F1nut wrote: »
    Considering that you've never seen the inside of the cable or have other knowledge that I have about the subject matter, yes you are displaying your ignorance of the matter.

Tell me more about the very expensive complex aluminum box. And what about that costly techflex?
  • F1nut
    I'm sure this pattern is nothing new to most here. While a certain member has been away for a few weeks the forum has been rather pleasant. As soon as they come back they resume their pattern of causing trouble. That this behavior is tolerated is perplexing.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    Considering that you've never seen the inside of the cable or have other knowledge that I have about the subject matter, yes you are displaying your ignorance of the matter.

Tell me more about the very expensive complex aluminum box. And what about that costly techflex?

To use your words, "Have you really been on the internet this long, and still don't know how to find things? It's not that hard, really."

OH SNAP!

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    Look this was a classic "stepped in it" moment. At least acknowledge the truth for once.

LOL. You sure did, and still are. Good luck trying to obfuscate your way out of this one. See what trouble the lack of reading comprehension skills are causing you?

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • WilliamM2
    edited March 2016
    RM or William have never posted anything about their experiences in such matters. I don't think you have either from what I recall. .

Yes I have, so has X. You just ignore it and keep repeating the "you have no experience", and "you have to try it yourself".

We have, long ago.

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776

To use your words, "Have you really been on the internet this long, and still don't know how to find things? It's not that hard, really."

OH SNAP!

3c4ibpgqv7ff.gif
  • F1nut
    RM or William have never posted anything about their experiences in such matters. I don't think you have either from what I recall. .

Yes I have, so has X. You just ignore it and keep repeating the "you no experience", and "you have to try it yourself".

We have, long ago.

Really, you've held MIT Oracle cables in your hand and heard them in your rig? Really?

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    Look even if MIT cables make some sort of minuscule improvement to the sound, which is quite subjective and debatable, the cost/benefit ratio compared to the alternative of better speakers and/or gear makes the purchase of such a product much less than optimal.
    It is certainly a diminishing return.

By the same token, one can say your McIntosh gear fits the same scenario. Minuscule improvements for big bucks over say an Adcom 600 pre amp. Much less than optimal ?

I'm pretty sure to you it isn't and the difference is more than minuscule. How does a person who never tried that brand know though ? You only know because, gasp, you tried it for yourself. This is the same thing with cables. Those that have tried know, those who haven't are on the outside looking in scratching their heads going "I don't get it."

Should someone assume the cost of Mac gear is prohibitive compared to the uptick in SQ ? Should they refrain from ever listening to the Brand given preconceived notions ? Should they then proceed to tell others to not waste their coin on Mac gear ?

Silly isn't it ? Same goes for cables. There are better cables to fit anyones wallet and system.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • F1nut
    How dare you Tony, being all logical and such.

President of Club Polk

• WilliamM2

Really, you've held MIT Oracle cables in your hand and heard them in your rig? Really?

You really should learn read. He said "in such matters", he didn't ask about the Oracles. And no. I haven't heard that model of MIT's, but I have heard others.

How much does MIT pay you. Or do they just supply free cables?

• tonyb
    How dare you Tony, being all logical and such.

One of my many faults.... ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • F1nut

You really should learn read. He said "in such matters", he didn't ask about the Oracles. And no. I haven't heard that model of MIT's, but I have heard others.

How much does MIT pay you. Or do they just supply free cables?

Did you forget already? You brought up the Oracle cables.

I really shouldn't have to answer your absurd questions, but if it'll help ease your mind, nothing and no.

President of Club Polk

• FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited March 2016
    rmpolk wrote: »
    Bluefox= So you can.t help me then and take your best educated guess as to what was implied by the term audio network ? ok lets assume I made it up What did I mean then

It's the "network" boxes that MIT attaches to the end on their cables. Just look at the high quality wire and components:

g1eojg2djwsy.jpg

Those switches are at least 10 cents each.

10 cents seems about right.I can make no claims for or against their SQ but damn thats a rats nest.
  • tonyb
    If it's Oracle cables specifically in question, send PFB a PM and ask what he thinks of his. Someone who started a short time ago with an entry level AVR, and now has reference quality gear and cables. Ask him if his Oracle cables are offering a minuscule improvement and if the degree of improvements is debatable.

Just because YOU can't afford them doesn't diminish their worth. Like I always say, opinions most times follows ones wallet.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • WilliamM2
    FTGV wrote: »
    10 cents seems about right.I can make no claims for or against their SQ but damn thats a rats nest.

That's not a rat's nest. It a complex cable arrangement. 10's of thousands in R&D to get the placement just right. :*
  • tonyb

That's not a rat's nest. It a complex cable arrangement. 10's of thousands in R&D to get the placement just right. :*

We await your simple reproduced approach and demo. I want to be first if you don't mind. Should be easy right ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    This thread makes it seem like Vanilla has the "Timehop" feature.
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • WilliamM2
    Just because YOU can't afford them doesn't diminish their worth. Like I always say, opinions most times follows ones wallet.

I can afford them. I just don't throw away money on useless items.
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited March 2016
    That's not a rat's nest. It a complex cable arrangement.
    I stand corrected.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Nothing new from The Few here.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I can afford them. I just don't throw away money on, in my inexperienced opinion, useless items.

Fixed that for you.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut

You silly boy, those are just the wires connecting from and to the actual cable. They are only a small a part of the sum. The complex cable arrangement is inside the runs.

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited March 2016
    Your guys' buddies are all over here, they're waiting for you with open arms and closed minds.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/index.php
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    11tsteve wrote: »
    This thread makes it seem like Vanilla has the "Timehop" feature.

...........this thread makes it seem like the same 7 guys bicker and argue in just about every thread...... :p

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited March 2016
    popcorn-blank.gif
    giphy.gif
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627

You silly boy, those are just the wires connecting from and to the actual cable. They are only a small a part of the sum. The complex cable arrangement is inside the runs.

LMAO, even you had to be laughing when you typed this!

If you are a salesman just fess up, no shame in that, it is cool, we all have to make a living.
    Then it makes sense why you are beating every dead horse you come across, truly it does.

What happened to the "Everything Matters" mantra?
This discussion has been closed.