• msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    you guys are running the internet out of space with this one
    I disabled signatures.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited March 2016
    tonyb wrote: »
    By the same token, one can say your McIntosh gear fits the same scenario. Minuscule improvements for big bucks over say an Adcom 600 pre amp. Much less than optimal ?

I'm pretty sure to you it isn't and the difference is more than minuscule. How does a person who never tried that brand know though ? You only know because, gasp, you tried it for yourself. This is the same thing with cables. Those that have tried know, those who haven't are on the outside looking in scratching their heads going "I don't get it."

Should someone assume the cost of Mac gear is prohibitive compared to the uptick in SQ ? Should they refrain from ever listening to the Brand given preconceived notions ? Should they then proceed to tell others to not waste their coin on Mac gear ?

Silly isn't it ? Same goes for cables. There are better cables to fit anyones wallet and system.

Slam dunk Tony.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    There should be a sub category on this forum called Troll posts.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    This is trying to apply used car sales 101 to speaker cable sales.

"Try them you will like em! Trust me!!!"

"Follow your wallet, you will believe!"

"It's got the magical conductor inside, wait till you hear it purr@!"
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    halo71 wrote: »
    yep
    s3vggcwihpd0.png

Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    1kubg30mes1y.gif
    Cablz cat haz had enuff
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Just so my post and intent is clear - my pic was meant to show that the (IMO) 3 trolls were posting en masse and ignored by me - this in contrast to F1's post which is not ignored by me. This may have been taken to mean that I was saying F1 is a troll. Not my intent at all. Apologies if this was taken the wrong way.
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    yep
    s3vggcwihpd0.png

Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I had your back, Watkins. What being in NC and all. ;)
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    He's not? Dang I always thought he was a mythical creature. I suppose now your going to tell me hotdogs aren't good for me!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    64ogi5d8939j.jpeg
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • halo71
    K_M wrote: »

You were one of the ones I was referring to Einstein. Not Jesse.

--Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited March 2016
  • K_M
    edited March 2016

Ya, but calling someone a troll, that is not actually trolling, is only going to limit the forum membership to who has been here a while.
    And more importantly will only instigate arguing.

The common mentality I see, is to gang up on and bash everyone that has any differences in opinion. Call them a troll or trouble maker, or someone looking to stir the pot.

This seems to be the M.O. on this forum.

Do you guys want to limit this forum to only those that agree, and basically cut off any new members that try to express any views that are contrary to what a few think is some universally held opinion?

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    rmpolk wrote: »
    After joining this forum last year I took a considerable time reading thru the back threads Admittedly it was mainly on subjects of interest to me but the one recurring constant other than the fact they most often go of topic is the way it seems that very little people take heed of how they started or how they sequentially proceeded Most will possibly take the time to go back maybe 3 or 4 posts before they jump in with their opinions and this tread is no exception For example it was suggested I am against MIT cables and that I agree with Xcapris assessment of them and even that I'm the alias of another member If any of you had taken the time to go back to where it began today you would've read my 2nd post after Tonyb's post on the top of page 4 and you might have drawing the conclusion as to how incredibly ludicrous most of the debate is. It quite bluntly states my views on cables and the only logical assessment of how they should be viewed,Perhaps then those that are fortunate in their ownership can step back and give a honest assessment of their level of performance and brand and type they use and amp if they feel it may be of a note worthy variance as tube vs ss might be and something more productive can be learned here!!

Try using a paragraph. I got a headache just trying to read this...

2lxg3ou23nj3.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

Are we not mature?

Nope ask my wife :)

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • K_M
    edited March 2016
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Nope ask my wife :)

:)
    It will get better, trust me!
  • halo71
    I quit reading it Ken. Punctuation goes a long way.
    --Gary--
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    rmpolk wrote: »
    About my internet posting I'm sorry for playing some of you like that but I wanted to prove that All you have to say in some cases is that I got this information from the net and they will instantly disregard its validity if it goes against their preconceived notions or knowledge base and that MIT article was just to good not to showcase this point.It was suggested that it was taken out of context May I point out that the only omission I left out was that it was indeed MIT and the Fact that they have had this program for many years other than that only the sentences where shortened all relevant data pertaining to the article was included and the need to be ambiguous to its source was obviously integral to point!

Sorry, but you didn't play anybody, or prove anything. Well, you did prove you do not know how to quote, and format a paragraph. I didn't even bother to read your quote since it was so garbled, and lacking a citation.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    Who started this thread, anyway?........the damn troublemaker !
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    So is anybody interested in a pair of MIT shotgun S3 speaker cables? :p
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

This discussion has been closed.