2 x small or 1 x large?

2»

Comments

• Thanks for the input all. The fact is, I am totally fine with the quality and output of the single 18" sealed. If I am missing out on something, I don't know about it, and that's fine by me. If HT don't get fun until your cracking foundations then I need a new hobby! I appreciate going ported may help too, but space is already at a premium. How about building up? Sonotube?

The current position seems like a decent compromise between performance and use of space. Also, if the mountian won't come to Mohammed....I may consider moving the listening area slightly and seeing what that does. Once garage is fully cleaned out I will see if any room treatments help, and additional room may open up for reinforcements: 15" at the rear of room? Next to listening area?

Lastly, do the folks with 4 and 6 and 8 subs have neighbors? I could not imagine watching some dynamic soundtrack with that much low end energy and not getting a complaint from my neighbor(s). More power to ya!

Have a great weekend all...

BTW - UMIK has arrived. Look forward to having more info about exactly what I am hearing. Thanks again!
    5.2 Main: X3500h, BDP-103, UBP-X800, M70-C3, XPA-3, XPA-2, NHT VT-2, VS-2, Super Zero Xu, PB-1000 x 2
  • MetropolisLake
    MetropolisLake Posts: 128
    edited February 2016
    lackboost wrote: »
    Lastly, do the folks with 4 and 6 and 8 subs have neighbors? I could not imagine watching some dynamic soundtrack with that much low end energy and not getting a complaint from my neighbor(s). More power to ya!

Two of them worked pretty well, but surprisingly, it did not travel through the house much. You could be outside on the other side of the wall and barely hear it. Once I got four and positioned them in an array, things got ridiculous. The rest of the house started shaking, really ticked my wife off. I should have theoretically gotten 6 db extra, but with it being in an array it's more like 9 or 10 db. I even saw something from Seaton saying it's more like 12. That's just ridiculous, just a huge jump. It was so much more fun I destroyed an amp playing around, and have one of these Speakerpower amps on its way. 4,000 watts pretty much continuous and 5,200 watts on peaks.

http://www.seaton-sound-forum.com/post/new-f18-subwoofer-f18-f18-7829728

• Well, I tried something else too see if it helped. I have a pair of Zaph 12.3's that I am not digging on right now. So I took the woofer section and connected them to the QSC with the BFD1124. It's a nice combo! Still need to mess with it , but I do notice now the bass is concentrated in the front of the room. My seating area is till a bass void, but I m liking what I hear on both music and movies. I mean, its audible and I can make it work, but there is just much more bass somewhere else. These boxes would be a little more manageable so there may be a couple of more of these in my future. Got some storage solutions in so should be able to clear room out a bit more to see if that makes a difference.
    5.2 Main: X3500h, BDP-103, UBP-X800, M70-C3, XPA-3, XPA-2, NHT VT-2, VS-2, Super Zero Xu, PB-1000 x 2