Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    @Vlad.Grigorian those LFT-8b are beautiful. How much?
  • @Vlad.Grigorian those LFT-8b are beautiful. How much?

They are $2,500 a pair. But the last thing they are is beautiful. What they actually are is pure audiophile no BS marvels. Red more on their unique push/pull planar hybrid design. Some amazing stuff.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Wow they look nice. How big of a room do the need to breathe? When I had carver amazing they had to have a bigger room to sound right.
    Nice choice!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade wrote: »
    Wow they look nice. How big of a room do the need to breathe? When I had carver amazing they had to have a bigger room to sound right.
    Nice choice!

You are correct. My room is minuscule and they sound terrific. I would prefer them 3-4 feet off the wall and another 3-4 feet to my listening sofa, but I dont have a space. So they are almost against the wall and only 8 feet away from my listening position. Anyway, they sound great like they are now, but will open up once you have more space, but then you will need at least a 300W power amp to pump ENOUGH juice to the speakers!
    Here is a video of them :
    Good luck and thank you.
  • Lets not pollute this wonderful thread with some individual setup. The tread serves other, much more useful purpose - finding good deals. I HAD NO IDEA IT EXISTED. Thanks again, EndersShadow !
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Wish I had the cash, I'd try to smooth talk you into shipping them....but I already have speakers in route...so no LSiM's for me.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,309
    RT2000P for $130. Price has been dropped at least twice with no sale so far. No affil

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/5250632624.html
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dcmeigs
    dcmeigs Posts: 707
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    RT2000P for $130. Price has been dropped at least twice with no sale so far. No affil

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/5250632624.html

That's a funny photo. He's DONE with them. They appear to be quite literally circling the drain.
    The world is full of answers, some are right and some are wrong. - Neil Young
  • StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    edited November 2015
    Don't know if these are a good deal...way out of my league. orlando.craigslist.org/ele/5286376643.html
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    tonyb wrote: »

Shoot, I should list my RTA's if he can get that for em lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    good deal here on vintage Yamaha.....with the matching tuner.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ele/5310314752.html
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    What exactly are these for? http://columbia.craigslist.org/ele/5285157942.html Side channel on a surround system? Is $50 a good deal?
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    Those are di-polar surround speakers. FXi series. Check the Polk archives here on the site. $50 is a great deal and $25 for stand if you need them is great too.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • xjghost
    Are the supposed to be used as rears? I'm new to surround so don't know much. For example with a 7.1 system where would they go? Does it matter that my mains are 3.1's?
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

• heiney9
    They are surround speakers so they could be used at any surround position. Not mains, not center, etc.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    Here are the current F/xi series literature

http://www.polkaudio.com/fxia4/d/1122C2913
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    xjghost wrote: »
    What exactly are these for? http://columbia.craigslist.org/ele/5285157942.html Side channel on a surround system? Is $50 a good deal?

Depending on model, that's a GREAT deal. They look like FXi30 surrounds. I had the bigger FXi50 surrounds and loved them. I think I sold them for around triple that price.

They could be used as rear speakers in a 5 (or 5.1) channel setup. If using them in a 7 (or 7.1) channel setup, they work better as side surrounds but could still be used as rear speakers. If you currently have a 3.1 setup (front L/R and center), you can place these in the rear or on the sides. Experiment with the sound. Depending on the placement, you can select bipole or dipole (forget which is recommended for which location).

Hope this helps.

-Al
  • xjghost
    edited November 2015
    scubalab wrote: »
    xjghost wrote: »

Depending on model, that's a GREAT deal. They look like FXi30 surrounds. I had the bigger FXi50 surrounds and loved them. I think I sold them for around triple that price.

They could be used as rear speakers in a 5 (or 5.1) channel setup. If using them in a 7 (or 7.1) channel setup, they work better as side surrounds but could still be used as rear speakers. If you currently have a 3.1 setup (front L/R and center), you can place these in the rear or on the sides. Experiment with the sound. Depending on the placement, you can select bipole or dipole (forget which is recommended for which location).

Hope this helps.

-Al

Yea that helps a lot. I ahve a sub but it does not appear to be firing with my Emotiva mmc-1 atm. It worked when I was using a Denon avr. I hope to get a Yamaha 2030 around Christmas time so I can continue to use my Adcom on the 3.1's and still use the TT for 2 channel. I was planning on using some Monitor 5's for rears or the 4's I just picked up for $40 off fleabay.... Still collecting parts and trying to learn..... Decided to call and if he has them Saturday I'll go listen and grab them.

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Pioneer SC 87 for 930.00 on Amazon
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    SDA SRS oak for $1200.00 Twin Cities CL. No affiliation. Come with interconnect and original boxes. Somewhat fair price from original owner (he says).
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    bmge6ddvdr1s.png
    $1,250.00. No affiliation.
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Good price on them!! Only a 6.6-7hour drive from where I live. I wish I had the room again. It was hard selling the 1.2 I had!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    PS Audio GCP-200 Preamp - $875

http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/5310912596.html

00k0k_2JFt3Kz4JTo_600x450.jpg

00X0X_kPJhis1L9gc_600x450.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Along with the PartsConnexion 25% off sale, there have been some really nice 50% off retail deals in the Vacuum Tube Treasure Chest lately for you toob minded peeps.

http://www.partsconnexion.com/t/eblast/2015/bbb/bb.html
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited November 2015
    https://app.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-musical-fidelty-m6si-integrated-amplifier-2015-11-28-integrateds-03063-nashua-nh

Musical Fidelity M6Si for $1,600!!!!!
    I was p*ssed i missed the one wagner bought for $2k. Too bad i'm no longer in the market......
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    If you live anywhere near a BJs Club, they have some great deals on some Blurays.

I just snagged Mad Max Fury Road, and San Andreas for $6.99 each - $24.99 less an $18 Clipless Coupon, couldn't pass them up. They had others but I'm sure stock varies from store to store.

* Sale goes through 11/30 *
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/