Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Nice hk/Rabco :- ) I've always had a soft spot in my heart (or is it "in my head"?) for the ST-6 and the ST-7.

• Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    Monday's dinner:
    smoked tri-tip, twice baked potatoes, grilled corn, fresh garden salad picked from the back yard
    5-25-15-Tritip.jpg

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    That really looks good!

I bet you had a great time! :)
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• TCK
    TCK Posts: 231
    7z5tce98j4kx.jpg
    - SDA 2B (1989, Oak Tops, 194s, Spikes)
    - Monitor 7B (1982 Peerless, Sonicaps, Mills, Dynamated, JB Welded, Binding Posts)
    - SVS SB12-NSD (2 in Flat Black)
    - SVS SB 3000 (Gloss Black)
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz MM 7055 (5 Ch Amp)
    - Pioneer PD-D6 SACD Player
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Sony UBP-X800M2 (4k Blu-ray)
    - Sony UBP-X1100ES (4K Blu-ray)
    - Adcom GFA 555
    - Monitor 5 (194s, Side Surrounds)
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s)
    - LG OLED65CXPUA (4K OLED TV)
    - LG 55UN7300PUF (4K HD TV)
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)
    - F/Xi A4 (Rear Surrounds)
    - RT25 (Rear Surrounds)
    - Audioquest Cables

" But boy do I remember the strain of her refrain " LG
  • mhardy6647
    edited May 2015
    Just for George Grand... of the Jersey Grands.

Tonight. Overhead -- just a little too far "downrange" and a little too dark to get a great photo, but (despite the fact we see this sight regularly around here, for whatever reason), this is the first time I've actually managed to get a photo!

vspcxq2jz74c.jpg
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Man! You are in NH, the only place where you can photograph the rare site of planes mating.
    On a similar, not quite as, the Blue Angels buzzed the jobsite yesterday at <1,000Ft on their way into Boston for the cities photo shoot. Caught a lot of guys off guard when they came through.

ryan_flyover6_met.jpg

The rest of the images can be seen here.
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/05/26/navy-blue-angels-fly-over-boston-noon/i4H42bH8f29Rgfp6eN10bL/picture.html?p1=Article_Gallery
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Erik Tracy
    That is a cool shot!

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • mhardy6647
    edited May 2015
    Way better photo than my big plane p R0 N :-P

...way back when, my first real job was in the (SF) Bay area (Sunnyvale) -- in that long ago time, there was a big summer show at the old Moffett field. I happened to be strolling across the parking lot one Friday afternoon when what should streak/thunder overhead - low - than the aforementioned Blue Angels. Pretty impactful, it was :- )

In those days, the Lockheed Orion recon planes droned in and out of Moffett all of the time; I enjoyed the heck out of watching them.

• Erik Tracy
    edited May 2015
    Well, if we are allowed to post stories without pics - I got a good one.

Used to work for a company that did air combat training system installations. I got sent to Lakenheath AFB in the UK.

The installs were usually right along the flight lines.

One day we took a break in the early afternoon and went outside.

That happened to be the day that two restored Spitfires were practicing for an airshow they were flying out to the next day.

I swear I got a lump in my throat and a catch in my breath when I heard those two Spitfires rumbling with their Merlin engines just overhead as they pulled tight turns.

But wait - it got better.

The next day they fired up the restored Lancaster bomber and it took off with the two Spitfires flying 'cover' as they headed off to the airshow elsewhere.

I'll never forget that...

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I got to look into a Spitfire once :)

heres a pic of my cousin SNJ which is a Navy version of the A6 Texan. my sister Photoshop the background scene
    upxum19wgbpl.jpg

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Erik Tracy wrote: »

Used to work for a company that did air combat training system installations. I got sent to Lakenheath AFB in the UK.

That happened to be the day that two restored Spitfires were practicing for an airshow they were flying out to the next day.

I swear I got a lump in my throat and a catch in my breath when I heard those two Spitfires rumbling with their Merlin engines just overhead as they pulled tight turns.

The next day they fired up the restored Lancaster bomber and it took off with the two Spitfires flying 'cover' as they headed off to the airshow elsewhere.

Thanks for the story Erik, totally understand the impact of hearing and seeing these magnificent warbirds , they can really stir the heart. Every year during some of the Remembrance Day ceremonies in England , there will be a memorial flyover of the Spitfires and the lone Lancaster . I saw this also at the Royal wedding of Kate and William, and also at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
  • Erik Tracy
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    Erik Tracy wrote: »

Thanks for the story Erik, totally understand the impact of hearing and seeing these magnificent warbirds , they can really stir the heart. Every year during some of the Remembrance Day ceremonies in England , there will be a memorial flyover of the Spitfires and the lone Lancaster . I saw this also at the Royal wedding of Kate and William, and also at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

Stir the heart...dude, I was on the verge of tears....

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Ditto here, got the same, seeing a Boeing B-17 with a P51 Mustang flying over one morning that were part of a Air Show at Ellington Field. It was the sound of freedom.
  • Erik Tracy
    As long as we are waxing nostalgic.

Another tip of the hat to the UK flyers in WWII.

I was on a different install trip and was boarded up in Woodhall Spa.

Fantastic place - great B&B that we used as 'base'.

Little did I know until we started exploring on our weekends that Woodhall spa was where the Dambusters were stationed.

I had seen the movie, but to see the memorial in the town center in honor of this group - wow.

The house that they has used as headquarters was converted to a type of museum and inn. We had a fabulous dinner there - took the time to look at all the memorabilia and pictures.

There was a 'noob' with us - a youngster/spring chicken on the install and was all agog at the supposed 'history' - I turned to him and said - "these aren't movie pictures - this **** happened!"

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    294751DD-31F5-44F4-A787-1046EBF94487_zpszmr1ieym.jpg
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    Erik, love the old British planes too and also saw my share of F4's, KC130's...as luck would have it...I went to HS at Lakenheath. Small world!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • TCK
    jckiu14ir55y.jpg

This is a pic right before...
    - Monitor 7B (1982 Peerless, Sonicaps, Mills, Dynamated, JB Welded, Binding Posts)
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Adcom GFA 555
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s)
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)
    - RT25 (Rear Surrounds)
    - Audioquest Cables

• TCK
    z5zaa8vno7hx.jpg
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Adcom GFA 555
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s)
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)
    - RT25 (Rear Surrounds)
    - Audioquest Cables

• Erik Tracy
    Went to Torrey Pines State Beach today.

What a glorious day - great hike to the top of the access road, then a trail down to the beach, along the beach and back to the truck

Torrey-Pines-7.jpg

A pair of F-18s outbound from MCAS Miramar going west
    Torrey-Pines-8.jpg

Gorgeous walk along the beach - no crowds yet!
    Torrey-Pines-11.jpg

• zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    edited June 2015
    My wife and I drove by the apartment where we lived when we first got married. It was the unit in the corner, because yes, that little structure was six apartments including two on the back side!

xh0ixvk94ujr.jpg
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    I tried the fix the picture but wasn't smart enough too... sorry guys...
  • ambiophonics
    ambiophonics Posts: 715
    The electrical substation caught fire a block from my place this afternoon so when I returned home from work the power was out. Expected to be back late tonight. I got straight to work making a battery powered SDA rig. High end battery powered sanyo "integrated" running on audiophile C batteries with custom interconnects to a pair of SDA CRS+s. Actually pretty decent sounding lol. I don't have the cash for a HK (hello kitty) system but this will do.

b1nry4eyfes5.jpg

2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    ^^^^^^^^

Hey, DSkip, is that your view of "good customer relations?"

:)
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    ^^^^^^^^

Hey, DSkip, is that your view of "good customer relations?"

:)

Now thats funny :D

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Ha...looks like Skip found a brand to carry. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • TCK
    us9tlgwhfhip.jpg

Pete Seeger w Eleanor Roosevelt
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Adcom GFA 555
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s)
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)
    - RT25 (Rear Surrounds)
    - Audioquest Cables

• TCK
    jtm6p1zo7zuc.jpg
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Adcom GFA 555
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s)