Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    How bout dem Bengals. Now they need to pay back the Squealers an arse whoopin!
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited December 2014
    My 49ers and Colts both let me down in spectacular fashion this weekend, come on Broncos get me a win and keep it from being a total loss!!!
    Or not...

That's a bad loss for Denver tonight and could have been much without the two really bad plays by Cincy. I don't know when/if Denver gets their linebackers back but they're gonna need them for a run at the super bowl, especially now that it'll be going thru New England.

It seems like the obvious choice but I don't see any wildcard teams this year that are hot or make me nervous, I think we're looking at a New England/Seattle Super Bowl and this will be the first time I've ever rooted for NE in the big game.

I can't say that I give NE a chance against a hot Hawks team that will probably keep Brady contained like the Giants did in the last two SBs. I don't see ANY AFC team that can hang a full 60 minutes with a Seattle team if it's firing on all cylinders even if Billy B. gets Hawks' practice taps, lol Again, nothing is a sure thing, maybe the Steelers will be an upset team. Maybe Dallas's luck will continue? Who knows for sure?

cnh

Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I still maintain that any team can beat any team at any given time. Just hope the SB won't be a lopsided one.

Look at Buffalo...beat Green Bay one week and lose to Oakland the next.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Yes, any team can beat any team. Just depends if there firing on all cylinders. As for the Cowboys, I think its more then luck that's keeping them going. They've got a lot of talent this year that seems to be coming together at the right time. There biggest negative is there defense but there offence can balance that out.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I think the Cowboys have the best chance of beating the Seahawks, probably of anybody in the NFL. I still think Seattle is the best team in the league by a large margin and they probably win 7 out of 10 games against the Cowboys, but luckily it's a one game playoff.

My guess is the Cowboys will probably find a way to lose against an inferior team before then but if they do come up against the Hawks I give them a great chance to win.
  • gce
    The Cowboys will be at number 3, so I don't think they'll be able to play an inferior team. The only inferior team will come from the South and I think they will be gone after the 1st round. Unless the Cards have become an inferior team...maybe.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    As a Viking fan I've never cared for Dallas, but this year I would have no problem seeing them go to the SB for the NFC. just saying...
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    The Broncos are done, and I have to agree the AFC team in the Superbowl will fall to the NFC...
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    For the Cowboys, having a healthy Romo is the key... They have not lost a game when he was healthy and had the right amount of rest for his back... Chances are this weeks game against the 4skins won't mean anything so they should give him some reps but get him out before he gets hurt.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • gce
    Cowboys want to keep the continuity going, so it looks like everyone is going to play against the 4skins and play to win. I don't know if I agree with that especially with Tony's back and Murray's hand.
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Alright at least my Vikings beat the Bears to take 3rd place 7-9 record but the best news is they found a Quarterback get this young man a few receivers a better offensive line we will be looking good next year. My other team the Chargers lost which means I won't have to watch them lose in the playoffs. I Will now watch the Packers outscore the Lions by a wide margin. Playoffs next week I will stay with a NFC North team to go to the bowl so I hate saying this but go Packers.

AFC gotta go with the Patriots, none of those other AFC teams impress me much. Packers going for it time out Lions hold them gonna be a game, what was McCarthy thinking a field goal would of been better but it shouldn't take many points to beat the Lions.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Teddy B is the best QB of the past couple drafts IMHO. Give him a couple years to develop and the Vikings might just have another Peyton Manning or Drew Brees on their hands.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    gce wrote: »
    Cowboys want to keep the continuity going, so it looks like everyone is going to play against the 4skins and play to win. I don't know if I agree with that especially with Tony's back and Murray's hand.

So in hindsight there was no reason to pull back on the 4skins.

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Teddy B is the best QB of the past couple drafts IMHO. Give him a couple years to develop and the Vikings might just have another Peyton Manning or Drew Brees on their hands.

He's the best we have had for a longtime for QB.

Give him protection and a running game to boot and you have a nice offense.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • gce

So in hindsight there was no reason to pull back on the 4skins.

That's why I'm not the coach. :p

Now I need a win from SF and the Lamb's!
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• nooshinjohn
    I really want Detroit to step up and beat GB...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dee1949
    dee1949 Posts: 1,425
    .. to all that participated in the Polkie Football Pool....

...Down to the nitiigitie !!!! All within 1 score. !!!! Don't ever bet. Bookies were all over us. WSith the "vig" we all suck !!!! Got to hand it to all those "Super Computers" !!!
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    It feels weird saying this after winning by 30 points today, but I think Manning is spent. He's not getting any velocity on the ball, he's never been a great thrower but seems to be in real decline this year.

The NFL needs to make a special exception for the Broncos, let them have two quarterbacks. Peyton can call the plays and adjustments at the line and pick the open man, but then needs to hand the ball to Osweiler and let him actually make the throws :-)

Looks like Harbaugh is officially done in SF, you Seattle fans should be happy about that and I'll certainly be happy about not hearing you all whine about his antics. Meanwhile, as a 49ers fan I'm bracing myself for another half decade of mediocrity...
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited December 2014
    Both the Pats and Denver look "beatable" by upset to me. Belichick should be able to pull something out of his hat with home field advantage, but NE has been beaten at home in the playoffs "before"! And that throw away game against the Bills was "ugly", even if so many were not played. On the positive side, the defense looked OK in the second half even though the Bills were playing to win it was pretty much a draw against a no name squad after half-time.

Rodgers showed a lot of heart in that last game, but I still think Seattle is going to shut him DOWN. Only the Cowboys have an outside chance of edging the Hawks out, but hey, they've already done that this season against a Hawks team that had not yet PEAKED?

Most dangerous team in the AFC? Probably the Steelers, who might sneak in.

Who would I like to see in the SB? Cowboys and either NE or possibly the Steelers. Maybe a competitive game. If the Hawks are the opponent they "win" against either of those teams.

But I really stink at forecasting outcomes. So probably the Hawks and anybody but NE and Denver. They both probably lose at home early, because that IS NOT what I would predict so that's probably what will happen? lol

(If NE goes all the way, Belichick finds a way to DRUG the Seattle defense as his game plan? The only way he can win that one.)

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Our Texans had a tough year,struggling with injuries and new QBs. Our first round draft pick was damaged goods from the get go. A number of games we did lose were close. The worst game we lost by 13 pts. to NY Giants at their stadium. We ended up getting Case Keenum back as QB to win the last 2 games of our season. Our front office had thought at the beginning of the season to cut Case and go with someone else. All in all , the last 2 games of our season were wonderful and there's always next year. We are all pulling for J.J. Watt to get NFL M.V.P. this year.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Nadonkeykong Suh just got suspended - for stepping on Aaron Rodgers' leg INTENTIONALLY in yesterday's Packers/Lions game - by the NFL for the Lions' Wild Card playoff game against the Cowboys this coming weekend!! I'm SO happy the NFL did the right thing. What a complete dumba$$ he is!! There is absolutely no place in pro sports for idiots like him!

It's also about time that the Lions organization got their goons (Suh and Raiola) under control before they seriously hurt, or end the career, of someone out there.

I VERY RARELY root for the Cowboys, but I will be this weekend!
  • nooshinjohn
    Meanwhile AP is still suspended for a misdemeanor for smacking his kid with a switch. The league's discipline policies are so far out of whack.

• markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    I disagree about Manning's arm being shot, he threw a couple of bullets yesterday. What I do believe is that his hand doesn't have full feeling from the neck injury/surgeries. Therefore, when it is cold he will throw more wobbler/weak balls due to grip problems that the glove cannot overcome.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • gce
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    We are all pulling for J.J. Watt to get NFL M.V.P. this year.

Remember the play when Watt was bearing down on Romo and Tony rolled out of his grasp and threw a TD pass.

Romo should get M.V.P. >:)
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Due to my lack of knowledge on how the M.V.P. of the year is picked, you are right gce, it usually does go to a QB!
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I think Watt is probably the best pure player in the league, but that's not what the MVP award is about. How can you be MVP of the league when you didn't have enough of an impact on your team to even get them into the playoffs? Keep in mind that alot of his 'highlights' this year came in games they lost. Maybe they lose those worse without him, but the outcome that matters is really no different.

I'd love to see him get the award, but I don't see it happening.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    How can you be MVP of the league when you didn't have enough of an impact on your team to even get them into the playoffs?
    I'd love to see him get the award, but I don't see it happening.

So if Watt was playing for the 7-8-1 Carolina Panthers he would be MVP? :)

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Im almost glad the Bengals lost to Pittsburg. Would have been tought to beat the Ravens three times in a row.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    On this date in 1967, the Packers beat the Cowboys 21-17 in the Ice Bowl. My Dad was at the game, said he didn't even feel the cold it was so exciting.
  • gce
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    Due to my lack of knowledge on how the M.V.P. of the year is picked, you are right gce, it usually does go to a QB!

I'm just jerking your chain and yes it usually goes to a QB or RB but I think Witt could probably get it this year.
    Anaheim Hills CA,