Which format do you want?

Comments

• gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    edited August 2014
    BlueFox You're welcome, He ruined it for me so I thought I would pass it on. :p
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Warning. Your threads get deleted if they contain a video with inappropriate language. And you can't simply post a link to the video with a disclaimer because the forum auto embeds the video.

So, yes, Ken...I tried to just post the link with a disclaimer but the forum wouldn't let me.

Side note, Ken is clearly reading this thread...and I know he isn't directly associated with Polk and their decision making process but one wonders how much is actually being pointed out to the powers that be that they made a distinctly stupid mistake.

Side note, if you want to see the direction this forum is headed presented in a funny manner, PM me...that is if I am allowed to PM messages with videos with inappropriate language.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2014
    I know these are not apples to apples, but at the moment of this post this site has 12 members and 4 visitors, while AK has 1140 users and Steve Hoffman's little site has 1162 users viewing.

That doesn't equate to $600/mth very well spent in my world. I'm surprised they support it at all.......
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    So after reading the last few pages. Is Polk just being cheap on the package they bought. Or they just don't have any IT folks worth a ****? Or both?
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Bring me the old version. Most of my browsing here comes on my laptop. I only pop in here on my cell just to check up real quick. The loss of all the great info and frankly what we had with the RAS is troubling. I suppose I'll get used to it but not thrilled.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Well it sure looks like they really care what we have to say, I'm guessing they know sooner or later we will just move on..

How many of us have sold people on Polk products? Did you get your commission check? I my self have sold people on Polk products as many here have as well.

They have sold a lot of product from this forum, and many other company's have benefited from us as well..

You would think they would at least show us they give a rats a$$ what we have to say..
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I'll take the old forum please, this one is bizarre.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Come on guys keep voting! I hear through the grapevine that if we get to 100 votes for the old forum that Polk will change it's mind, reverse direction and abandon all the work they've done on this new forum and put the old broken one back in place!

/sarcasm
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Well it sure looks like they really care what we have to say, I'm guessing they know sooner or later we will just move on..

How many of us have sold people on Polk products? Did you get your commission check? I my self have sold people on Polk products as many here have as well.

They have sold a lot of product from this forum, and many other company's have benefited from us as well..

You would think they would at least show us they give a rats a$$ what we have to say..
    They've already fixed a few of the bugs and complaints, so obviously they're listening to us.

I'd wager that this forum has actually cost them more sales than it has generated. People typically show up here after they've bought something, not before (of course there are exceptions). Add to that the fact that a lot of us have graduated beyond Polk products or into Polk products that are no longer made and I'd bet that, all things considered, this forum is a net loss for Polk.
  • oldmodman
    oldmodman Posts: 740
    The new format gives me gas.

I prefer the old format...but I'll keep the gas.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    After two days it's damn clear (88%!!!) which format the collective prefers and as such, Polk should listen to their customers.

Ken Swauger, could you please forward this thread to Bruno as it appears he is ignoring me.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    F1nut wrote: »
    Ken Swauger, could you please forward this thread to Bruno as it appears he is ignoring me.

As you once told me, "Nobody likes their baby being called ugly.", but sometimes it is the truth.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Revert to old if possible please.

I'm already increasing my time in other forums and decreasing my time here (dramatically).

Will that affect where my dollars go? Yes.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Sorry Polk but this new forum sucks the big one !!!!!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    As of this morning, 89 members have voted. I'm not surprised at the results, but what I am surprised at is that 89 members found the new forum. I didn't know that many members had migrated over, I thought 50 at the most so far. I know the Polk forum has a lot of members, just not a lot of active participating members. I'm sure there are a lot of people that come here to get answers and find what they are looking for without ever having to make a post. Unfortunately, with the pictures that are now missing in the how-to threads, I suspect there will be a lot of people leaving here without the information they were looking for.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Take me back to the old version please. The old format was nice.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited August 2014
    The old forum worked because there were a lot of senior members who made it work - the did make it their own playground or favorite forum and police the site etc... every time a newbie asked a question like What speakers are these? or should I biamp my AVR? etc.. it was the members here that answered their questions and made this site so special, Ken has done alot on the forum to help but most of the answer and help came from senior members who care to make this the best damn place on the web to get good solid help!

it was not polk customer service that answered how to fix that that speaker or upgrade that crossover , it the members that made this place special ..the polk brought the people in the door,, but it was a lot of polkies who care d that made them stay..

just saying that I think they owe a lot of members a listen and should try to work this out for them cause if most people left cause of the change then this forum would be as dead as most on the web.. the info on this site was priceless & can never be replaced!

Yes, this is Polk's forum but in a way it belong to those who made it what it is today!!! They should feel ownership in this site as they gave a lot for us. I would not have my 10's and a lot more people would have never fix their vintage polk speakers up if not for what took place on the old forums and I just pray we never lose that but seeing only a handful of people on the site is sad :'(

just me 2 cents
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Hermitism
    I knew a lot of the how-to threads would be missing pictures from the old forum. I didn't think about it until you mentioned the "What speakers are these?" threads, but those are all completely useless now without the pictures to go with them.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I knew a lot of the how-to threads would be missing pictures from the old forum. I didn't think about it until you mentioned the "What speakers are these?" threads, but those are all completely useless now without the pictures to go with them.

As well as a lot of the "how tos"
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    vBulletin with upgrades please.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • Stew
    Somehow I just earned a badge for the previous post?????
    1000VA Dreadnought

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Stew wrote: »
    Somehow I just earned a badge for the previous post?????
    It's like the gold star you used to get in Kindergarten
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    I still wonder why in the hell Polk would even bother with an "upgrade" if they really gave a **** about what their loyal customers thought. If you are not gonna address the issues and concerns of long time Polk speakers owners etc, with this new piece of **** forum. Why bother "upgrading" in the first place? Why spend the money on this POS forum without knowing what they were getting? And now with all the up roar of this new forum.....they don't care enough to address things? I bet they are still holding meetings to come to an agreement about what they are gonna do to fix this right?? lol pfft...Polk what an embarrassment this is to you and your brand in general.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Hermitism
    It would certainly help if the designer would update us on what changes will be made, if old pictures will be migrated over, or just keep the members in the loop.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited August 2014
    Hermitism wrote: »
    It would certainly help if the designer would update us on what changes will be made, if old pictures will be migrated over, or just keep the members in the loop.

Hell at this point I would be happy if they just popped in and said, this is it, get used to it or get lost..

But I have a feeling we will just start seeing people getting banned if this keeps up much longer...

Edit: H,E,L,L is even a no no..hahaha
  • Stew
    It's like the gold star you used to get in Kindergarten

How many do I need before I get to be line leader?
    1000VA Dreadnought

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • ViperZ
    ViperZ Posts: 2,046
    I kept going to a bookmark forums.polkaudio.com with "be back soon" note, maybe it would be a bit more convenient to change that note to 'go to main site and click on forum link, which will take you to FORUM.polkaudio.com'.

And PLEASE bring the vB forum back, this one looks like a forum from late 90s - no features, crappy fonts, it looks atrocious on IE7 (haven't tried Chrome). I know a lot of work must have gone into a development of this forum, and there were BETA TESTERS.. seriously, someone liked this format???
    Panasonic PT-AE4000U projector for movies
    Carada 106" Precision Series (Classic Cinema White)
    Denon AVR-X3600H pre/pro
    Outlaw 770 7-channel amplifier
    B&W CDM1-SE fronts
    B&W CDM-CNT center
    B&W CDM1 rears on MoPADs
    JBL SP8CII in-ceiling height speakers
    Samsung DTB-H260F OTA HDTV tuner
    DUAL NHT SubTwo subwoofers
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-Ray player
    Belkin PF60 Power Center
    Harmony 1100 RF remote with RF extender
    Sony XBR-X950G 55" 4K HDR Smart TV + PS3 in the living room
  • BKphoto
    BKphoto Posts: 409
    all the old links are gone if you google a question...
    Marantz 1152 DC- Denon DP 1200, Soundsmith Carmen MKII- ADS L980 - Blue Jeans IC's
  • BKphoto
    BKphoto Posts: 409
    by the way new site looks very "beginnerish" more like a Miss-mash looks unprofessional....
    Marantz 1152 DC- Denon DP 1200, Soundsmith Carmen MKII- ADS L980 - Blue Jeans IC's
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Have to agree with most, the new format has kept me away. First, couldn't find it for awhile due to the bad favorites link. Second, can't take much of the BRIGHT white background and silly fonts. Third, everything is just sloppy... I don't know how to put it any better. I can't pinpoint it, and tried to give it time, but posts seem to run together - there is very little clear definition between posts.

Definitely like the old forum better. Sadly I'm drifting away. I know I didn't post as much as many, but I have enjoyed my time here reading and learning. I can't honestly say that "I'm outta here", but probably won't be 'in' here as much as I used to be! Although, maybe that's a good thing...