Just another on a very long list of what's wrong with this format.

Options

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Polk had to envision what the needs would be down the road. In doing so, they had to look at the newer generation of users who have grown up with Iphones, Twitter, and Facebook.

I'm sure that is true, but vBulletin offers all of that and a better format too boot.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    Options
    I'm sure that is true, but vBulletin offers all of that and a better format too boot.

I'd definitely agree with that.
    I started out "back in the day" :) way back in the 80's dialing up at 1200 baud to bulletin boards that used Vbulletin so I'll admit that I'm kind of partial to Vbulletin. Seemed to work pretty good back then (except for the 1200 baud thing) and it seemingly seems/seemed to work pretty good now on quite a number of sites.
    It seems to me that Vbulletin has kept up with "trends" very well: connectivity with Iphone, Ipad, tablets, notebooks, chromebooks, toaster ovens, etc.
    I will say that the new software doesn't work very well on my flip-phone. Yeah, that's right, I said FLIP-PHONE ! :'( So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I mentioned before that Polk must be looking down the road at how commerce will be conducted in the future. We'd all agree that that is a good thing (don't make me go back to 1200 baud dialup !). But I'd have suggested taking whatever path they chose via the Vbulletin route.
    That's just my opinion, of course. Maybe Polk knows more about where they're going and what they're doing than I do (AS IF ! o:) ).
    In any event, I really do wish them luck and good fortune. Just because I, and apparently a number of others, would have had them take a different route doesn't mean any different.

P.S. we could always use more cat videos
    Sal Palooza
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Speaking of videos, if you want to post a link to a video rather than embed the video itself, you are SOL. And don't even think about posting a video with naughty words in it because it will be pulled down.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Ahhhhh using the mobile site's link fools the auto-embed...good call. Wonder if it will survive or be stripped because it has naughty words in it.

Man Eff politically correct pansy a$$ crap.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
    Options
    Not too happy at all with the new format. My participation & just plain 'ole checking in to see what's happening will be dramatically reduced. A complete disaster as far as I'm concerned.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,907
    Options
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options
    As far as a corporate view, this forum is probably not a money maker. it's an expense. They're probably trying to save some money but also make it easier for the casual person to buy Polk products with links.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    I just found my way back in here, I old link kept telling me that the forum was getting a quick upgrade so I tried going to the site then to the forum and here it is working. We should have received an email about that.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • rromeo923
    rromeo923 Posts: 1,513
    Options
    Back! This new look hurts my eyes!!
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    It not only hurts the eyes, it insults one's intellect.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Go vote in the correct thread.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I can't believe all the members who took two weeks to discover this site. After the second day I simply went to the Polk main page and clicked "forums" and viola I was here.

Seems pretty logical to me to NOT use the old link, but to check and see if there was a new link after so much time. Granted they should have redirected or posted a note at the old site.

I wonder how many more sheep just keep refreshing the old link with out even thinking to explore a little.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,059
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    I can't believe all the members who took two weeks to discover this site. After the second day I simply went to the Polk main page and clicked "forums" and viola I was here.

Seems pretty logical to me to NOT use the old link, but to check and see if there was a new link after so much time. Granted they should have redirected or posted a note at the old site.

I wonder how many more sheep just keep refreshing the old link with out even thinking to explore a little.

H9

Agreed. "Quick update. Be back soon." doesn't seem like something that would take very long. After a couple of days of getting the message I did a little exploring and found...this popular site.

It would be nice to go back to vBulletin, but I don't see it happening.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    Options
    Who's viola ? (c:
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited August 2014
    Options

H9

Well, with travel and such it took me a couple weeks and that was only after someone was looking for me and a mutual friend reached out to me.

Why would I assume that they had moved the site completely and not bothered to post a link to it from their landing page that said they were in the process of an upgrade? Are they a bunch of rookies, or what?

I have better things to do with my time than to go searching for an alternative web address when I had no reason to believe that it had moved.

And, this new site sucks. Enough that that I can say I despise it. A lot. I hate it. A lot. It sucks.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Options
    I knew something was going on as I started getting email updates on subscribed threads. That hasn't happened in years, but I didn't search out an answer as to why, I actually saw a link on AK. Guess I am trusting that the powers that be would be sharp enough to help link me to the new site, since I wasn't sharp enough myself.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    DaveMuell wrote: »

H9

Well, with travel and such it took me a couple weeks and that was only after someone was looking for me and a mutual friend reached out to me.

Why would I assume that they had moved the site completely and not bothered to post a link to it from their landing page that said they were in the process of an upgrade? Are they a bunch of rookies, or what?

I have better things to do with my time than to go searching for an alternative web address when I had no reason to believe that it had moved.

And, this new site sucks. Enough that that I can say I despise it. A lot. I hate it. A lot. It sucks.

I have to agree, this is what you still see on the old site. Says be back soon, not moved???¿¿¡

2mr1e7ivxbal.jpg

Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    I wasn't sure which thread to report this, but zltful has been banned from this forum. No reason given. No warning sent. Just banned.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Options
    Be vewwy vewwy careful. I think there may be a new sheriff in town.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Hermitism
    Options
    Yep, I noticed DSkip was been flagged for spam. I can't see who reported him because I'm on my tablet so I can't hover over the word "spam" in his profile because I'm on my tablet. It seems like they've spent all their time making the forum more compatible with mobile devices rather than desktops, yet a lot of the features that they have involves hovering your pointer over something which can't been done on a tablet. DSkip is such a spammer!
  • vmaxer
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I wasn't sure which thread to report this, but zltful has been banned from this forum. No reason given. No warning sent. Just banned.

This is terrible, why would they do that??
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,907
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »

I wonder if this is just the beginning of what's to get real ugly around here...

• vmaxer
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    vmaxer wrote: »

I wonder if this is just the beginning of what's to get real ugly around here...

It will be their loss, but I still hate it. This has been a very enjoyable place in the past!!
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    I have seen many changes on this forum. This is the absolute worse and it's really annoying. I don't like it at all.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Hermitism
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    I have seen many changes on this forum. This is the absolute worse and it's really annoying. I don't like it at all.
    But on the bright side, you have 21 badges!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Yep, I noticed DSkip was been flagged for spam. I can't see who reported him because I'm on my tablet so I can't hover over the word "spam" in his profile because I'm on my tablet. It seems like they've spent all their time making the forum more compatible with mobile devices rather than desktops, yet a lot of the features that they have involves hovering your pointer over something which can't been done on a tablet. DSkip is such a spammer!

This is why...
    DSkip wrote: »
    Enjoy your tests. Reference this if you like. It stands with the general consensus of the forum.

I'm done with your bantering for the sake of bantering.

He inserts a link to HELP someone and gets tagged for spam because of the link he provided. Apparently the recipient of his assistance did not like the help and reported him for it.

The more I learn about this "new and improved" Club Polk, the more I am convinced that the family feel I loved about this site is dead and gone. All that is left are a few old-timers stinking up the joint. :\:'(

The forum, I fear, is on it's last breath... Sad days indeed. :'(
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Hermitism
    Options
    Be nice to me or I'll report you a second time just to spite you! I wonder if its automated, if you post a link to another site in one of your posts, maybe that is considered spam.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I would assume a report would go to a moderator and they would check the post in question to see if it is spam, or whatever.

However, if somebody flags a post and there is nothing wrong with that post then that person needs to be given a warning. Misuse of the 'Flag' option is a form of spam and/or abuse.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I would assume a report would go to a moderator and they would check the post in question to see if it is spam, or whatever.

However, if somebody flags a post and there is nothing wrong with that post then that person needs to be given a warning. Misuse of the 'Flag' option is a form of spam and/or abuse.

I agree! It's also a sign of maturity not to fly off the handle at the drop of a hat! It's not like we haven't had disagreements with others here. But we "work" it out, we don't start clicking buttons.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
This discussion has been closed.