Just another on a very long list of what's wrong with this format.

Options

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,151
    Options
    I love the new half page announcement... that really helped clear up the obvious. o:)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    And now i need a long screen! :p

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    The only thing I can see that I like is the ability to use BBCode but the narrow display with the lame background really sucks and makes it unpleasant to read through the threads. A cluttered up mess.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Should be a sticky thread.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Ok, I need to click that off, page is way to long now. Anyway of doing that?
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • shadowlight
    Options
    How do I go about listing all unread threads and mark them read after I have a chance to browse through them?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sorry, my fault, tried to provide some type of user's guide.
  • gce
    Options
    Sorry, my fault, tried to provide some type of user's guide.

User guide is great. I just wanted to turn it off after reading it. I see now that when I log out and in it's gone! :)

Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,645
    Options
    How about being able to tell which is sold and which is for sale in the FS listing section. As it is now you can tell NOTHING. When before you could see which had sold by a banner/flag...

So no more 100 post rule?

bring back banners and flags FYI, For sale and news.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,122
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    yeah, close enough for Government work : - )
    I was lookin' for font colors on the tools right here on the forum and failed to find 'em.

i really hope your other eye grows back... is your left ear missing too?

:D

ehhh?

ahem.

...is there really a way to change font color? All I see is bold italic & strikethrough, no font button... do I need to be usin' a smartphone? I tried togglin' 'full page' but I don't see anything else -- there doesn't seem to be a "go advanced" button a la the VBulletin forums.

Help me, Obi-wan...
  • gce
    Options
    You can use BBcode to change the color
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,122
    edited August 2014
    Options
    ooooh, never thought o' that -- I did see the BBCode link; thanks!

Oh, someone suggested burgundy* -- that could be OK (I am sensitive to the need for site branding, too, y'know?)

* Well, OK, this is maroon , but, again, close enough for...
  • gce
    Options
    Ya know if you hover the red fonts it turns a darker red or burgundy. What do Y'all think of that?
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    a quick-return arrow would be nice for scrolling back to the top of a thread...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,645
    Options
    Or being able to just go to the end of a thread...would be nice. I can't for the life of me figure out how going to the last page could be advantages on any pad or mobile device.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,871
    Options
    My disagreement with you is your attitude. As you are one of the senior and more respected posters here i would have expected that you would have been more of a leader and supportive of the folks at Polk during this transition.

I am leading, this format flat out sucks. If you want to brown nose those responsible for it, have at it.
    We get it you don't like the changes...I would have thought you could have made some positive criticisms; but the way you have attacked people that have worked hard to make this change is not what I would have expected.

I made suggestions as a beta tester and again after the launch. All have been ignored.
    I don't understand your comment about me needing to "pull my pants up first", perhaps you could explain that to me.

I thought you would have figured that one out on our own.....sigh. You are embarrassing yourself.
    Apparently you feel entitled by your post count to mock and bully posters and focus your anger on everyone who happens to disagree with you.

Funny, I thought that's what you were doing.
    I try not to say things online that I wouldn't say to someone's face and you should probably consider adopting that advice.

I'd have no problem saying anything I've said here to your face or anyone elses for that matter.
    While many of us have appreciated your wisdom and guidance over the years you need to understand that you are not the only reason why some of us come here.

If anyone comes here for me, they have major issues and should seek professional help.

If I could, I'd save you the trouble of clicking the disagree button as you have done to every one of my posts in this thread, but alas it won't let me. Now, I suppose I could stoop to your level and click all of your posts, but I'll be the adult here.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,576
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The bottom line here in my opinion is this. If any one of you guys, for example. Had a thriving company that had/has a reputation for years of producing a top notch product. That is known the world over, many people love your product and use it everyday. And then one day you decide, hey....think I am gonna have a new website (or upgraded website) created. Time for a change.

Would you really publish that website (or a new product) live without knowing how it runs and functions? Without at least trying to work the bugs out some what? Keep in mind I am talking about Polk, not Microsoft! :)

Wouldn't that be a reflection to a degree on your company and what it produces? I mean the 4 shot and whatever everyone else is complaining about recently was bad enough no?

Just sayin'....

Perhaps Polk has been bought by Microsoft?!? lol
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    My disagreement with you is your attitude. As you are one of the senior and more respected posters here i would have expected that you would have been more of a leader and supportive of the folks at Polk during this transition.

I am leading, this format flat out sucks. If you want to brown nose those responsible for it, have at it.
    We get it you don't like the changes...I would have thought you could have made some positive criticisms; but the way you have attacked people that have worked hard to make this change is not what I would have expected.

I made suggestions as a beta tester and again after the launch. All have been ignored.
    I don't understand your comment about me needing to "pull my pants up first", perhaps you could explain that to me.

I thought you would have figured that one out on our own.....sigh. You are embarrassing yourself.
    Apparently you feel entitled by your post count to mock and bully posters and focus your anger on everyone who happens to disagree with you.

Funny, I thought that's what you were doing.
    I try not to say things online that I wouldn't say to someone's face and you should probably consider adopting that advice.

I'd have no problem saying anything I've said here to your face or anyone elses for that matter.
    While many of us have appreciated your wisdom and guidance over the years you need to understand that you are not the only reason why some of us come here.

If anyone comes here for me, they have major issues and should seek professional help.

If I could, I'd save you the trouble of clicking the disagree button as you have done to every one of my posts in this thread, but alas it won't let me. Now, I suppose I could stoop to your level and click all of your posts, but I'll be the adult here.

Yea you are the adult here...LOL

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    Is there any way to get rid of the background and just show the actual forum the entire screen width? As it is now on my PC, only about a three inch column in the middle has text and the rest is the background. The background is extremely annoying.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    This needs to be corrected, no indication that the forum is back up and running. One just thinks what is taking so long????

5dt5sj195v48.jpg
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    Is there any way to get rid of the background and just show the actual forum the entire screen width? As it is now on my PC, only about a three inch column in the middle has text and the rest is the background. The background is extremely annoying.
    I am using the browser's zoom feature which makes the text box bigger... I am at 125% and it looks ok/better.

• Mikey081057
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »
    This needs to be corrected, no indication that the forum is back up and running. One just thinks what is taking so long????

5dt5sj195v48.jpg

Ken perhaps embedding the link to the new url would help until they figure out how to redirect.

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,175
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Old geezers ??

Age makes no difference, and anyone who's been around this forum for more than 2 months knows it's the collective knowledge base of a lot of "old geezers" that helps more Polk customers out than Polk themselves.

I am fairly new here (member for a year), and came here in the first place to to research some vintage Polk speakers that I was considering buying, and later to view the threads about mods and upgrades. My biggest gripe with this new site in this context is that images that were downloaded (rather than hosted images) have disappeared - not what you want in a "how to" thread.

• jeremymarcinko
    Options
    I have seen a few images on here that are better off never to be seen again. However, I agree with you there are a lot of good diy threads on here from the classic Polk aficionados. It would be a quite a loss to not have the corresponding images.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    Options
    Most of you guys have made some very good points about this new layout being what an old **** would call a gigantic cluster duck! There just is so much wrong here I don't even know where to begin.

If I wanted to like or dislike a post, earn points and badges or other such bs I would be on facebook and twitter.

Hopefully the powers that be will come to there senses and create a layout that better reflects the quality that Polk Audio is know for instead of this childish cluttered mess we have now.

JMO
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • gimpod
    Options
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

W H O R E and F A R T are filtered out!

Give me a break, You guys (the guy's behind this mess) need to grow up!
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,576
    Options
    But pussies is not filtered! Imagine that ehh??
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2014
    Options
    can we talk about the U of SC Gamecocks here?

***edit... I guess so.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »
    But pussies is not filtered! Imagine that ehh??

It would be fun to do a Polkies list of the seven dirty words you can's type on CP.

• gimpod
    Options
    Just found out any link's to other threads that you may have posted prior to the change along with any bookmarks you have are DEAD.

Yea changing the url was a really good idea. Big Fail!
This discussion has been closed.