Just another on a very long list of what's wrong with this format.

Options

Comments

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,107
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Fluck. Doesn't do Chinese accents, then.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options
    Falcon, you are missing my point. Yeah it does not mean a **** to you. Because you do not own or have financial ties to Polk Audio. My point was that a crappy website reflects on the company to a point.

Yeah it don't make a **** to me if they fix it or not. It was just an observation/opinion. And you know how opinions are right? >:)
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • falconcry72
    falconcry72 Posts: 3,580
    edited August 2014
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »
    Falcon, you are missing my point. Yeah it does not mean a **** to you. Because you do not own or have financial ties to Polk Audio. My point was that a crappy website reflects on the company to a point.

Yeah it don't make a **** to me if they fix it or not. It was just an observation/opinion. And you know how opinions are right? >:)

Yea I feel you man. Understood. And really I don't care enough to be acting like I care enough to act like I care enough to act like I really give a **** one way or another... I just think it's funny that those who once acted "tough" now act like little ****.

2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    Well we know one thing, everyone with complaints has at least figured out how to create new threads...

lol, no ****. **** pussies. I figured out every function within maybe 5-10 minutes of playing around... most of the complaints here are completely moronic. I do want a widescreen option though...

edit: and even if I don't get my widescreen option, I really don't give a ****; it's funny how all the old geezers who normally bust people's balls for being too touchy have now turned into whiney little ****. **** ****.

Aside from the whining. If I was Polk Audio. I would want a website that was top notch. That had features that made sense to it's users. I would have done more testing or research on what I was upgrading to prior. Some words are censored while "pussies" is not? That is a good example of how much thought went into developing this site! lol

My only real gripe is the lack of widescreen option I guess. I guess the other issues we just have to learn to deal with ehh? New users will adapt...yeah. Seems to me Polk should invest more in their web development.

EDIT: And why the hell is the edit button up top?!?

Ok, you would have done more testing/research. Well Polk didn't. Do I give a ****? No. Why? Because it's a **** audio site where I come to waste time.

Hey i'm an old **** and i figgerd it out in like 5 minutes. Great rant tho.. wish i thought of some of that...

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    As for me, yes its different now, but that last martini is helping me "navigate" the new room.. :o
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I just clicked on the Best Of link thinking I would see a bunch of PFB threads, and all I see is some helpful hints still trying to figure that one out after this confusion I think I got it all down :|
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    Options
    Oh the **** in this thread!
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    Options
    This is only a test..............sofa king. This concludes the test. (c:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Well we know one thing, everyone with complaints has at least figured out how to create new threads...

lol, no ****. **** pussies. I figured out every function within maybe 5-10 minutes of playing around... most of the complaints here are completely moronic. I do want a widescreen option though...

edit: and even if I don't get my widescreen option, I really don't give a ****; it's funny how all the old geezers who normally bust people's balls for being too touchy have now turned into whiney little ****. **** ****.

Aside from the whining. If I was Polk Audio. I would want a website that was top notch. That had features that made sense to it's users. I would have done more testing or research on what I was upgrading to prior. Some words are censored while "pussies" is not? That is a good example of how much thought went into developing this site! lol

My only real gripe is the lack of widescreen option I guess. I guess the other issues we just have to learn to deal with ehh? New users will adapt...yeah. Seems to me Polk should invest more in their web development.

EDIT: And why the hell is the edit button up top?!?

Ok, you would have done more testing/research. Well Polk didn't. Do I give a ****? No. Why? Because it's a **** audio site where I come to waste time.

Nice attitude. It's the old geezers who made this place what it was and obviously since you don't care it'll be up to the same old geezers to get it back to being the best audio forum on the net, which is what they are trying to do with no thanks from people like you. Tell ya what, since you're here just to waste time how about you stop wasting ours. I'm sure you know where the door is, punk.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    the new format does make necroposting a lot easier
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited August 2014
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    It has come to my attention that there are members that cannot even log in!!!

I tried it myself from a different computer, nope can't log in.

So Mikey081057, perhaps you'd like to explain to me and the forum collective what it is exactly that you disagree with in my post above.

What's that.....ummm yeah, you can pull your pants up first.

As for you, Kurt300....sorry yours still haven't dropped. Maybe one day, but I doubt it.
    Post edited by F1nut on
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    obieone wrote: »
    The new emoticons are G-A-Y! I am NOT an 8 year old girl!

Can you prove that ? ;)

Agree though....

Aslo, can you prove you are NOT G-A-Y? Lol!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Old geezers ??

Age makes no difference, and anyone who's been around this forum for more than 2 months knows it's the collective knowledge base of a lot of "old geezers" that helps more Polk customers out than Polk themselves. Especially when it comes to SDA's, first timers, and older dudes getting back in the game. It's also the "old geezers" that save you coin spent and disappointments, wasted steps.

There's a reason why all the "wise men" or "scholars" in history have been older men, not 16 year olds.

As far as the forum goes, lets see if some complaints are taken up and fixed where possible. Nothing happens overnight.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Damn, here I thought I was gonna post a funny, and everyone is throwing punches! I better duck, quick! :o
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Mikey081057
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It has come to my attention that there are members that cannot even log in!!!

I tried it myself from a different computer, nope can't log in.

So Mikey081057, perhaps you'd like to explain to me and the forum collective what it is exactly that you disagree with in my post above.

What's that.....ummm yeah, you can pull your pants up first.

My disagreement with you is your attitude. As you are one of the senior and more respected posters here i would have expected that you would have been more of a leader and supportive of the folks at Polk during this transition. We get it you don't like the changes...I would have thought you could have made some positive criticisms; but the way you have attacked people that have worked hard to make this change is not what I would have expected. I don't understand your comment about me needing to "pull my pants up first", perhaps you could explain that to me. Apparently you feel entitled by your post count to mock and bully posters and focus your anger on everyone who happens to disagree with you. I try not to say things online that I wouldn't say to someone's face and you should probably consider adopting that advice. While many of us have appreciated your wisdom and guidance over the years you need to understand that you are not the only reason why some of us come here.

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Let me see what issues can be solved. For anyone who is having a problem using a PC to log on, but is able on another device, give me as much information as possible. Are you logging in by using a previously bookmarked address? Can you delete any old bookmarked Polk addresses and try logging in from the new address? What browser are you using?
    The more information I can provide Polk the better the chances of them being able to solve problems.
    The re-direct is something that I'll point out to them for "lost" members.
    Cheers, Ken
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    Hello,
    Let me see what issues can be solved. For anyone who is having a problem using a PC to log on, but is able on another device, give me as much information as possible. Are you logging in by using a previously bookmarked address? Can you delete any old bookmarked Polk addresses and try logging in from the new address? What browser are you using?
    The more information I can provide Polk the better the chances of them being able to solve problems.
    The re-direct is something that I'll point out to them for "lost" members.
    Cheers, Ken

Ken maybe the sys admin can send an email with log in info to all users that way they might be able to see it.. Perhaps some guidance on what works and what doesn't could help too. Newer forums might have issues with older browsers and O/S's that are unsupported. The developers should be able to tell you what the minimum o/s and browser requirements are.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Excellent idea, I've sent it to Polk, thanks!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If the red color could be changed, what color would everyone prefer? Blue?
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    Blue or black should be fine

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    Dark blue (not bright "electric" blue) might be nice (not very "Polk", I understand, but there's a legibility/eyestrain consideration as well as a commercial one!).

Thanks for getting back to us with suggestions/solutions, Ken.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    Dark blue gets my vote as well..
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    Options
    blech.

cluttered confusing layout.

too much 'bling' which takes away from the reason I come here - content.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    Dark Blue

like this?

colors-and-fonts.jpg

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    yeah, close enough for Government work : - )
    I was lookin' for font colors on the tools right here on the forum and failed to find 'em.

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited August 2014
    Options
    If the red font gets "fixed" -- with dark blue or black -- I think it will be easy enough to get used to the other changes -- assuming the log-in issues others have experienced are remedied.

Oh, I'm certainly not an "old geezer" in terms of length of membership, number of posts, or substantive contributions, but I certainly am in terms of age -- I'm sorry to say.

And, I am one of those members who has both really benefited from the contributions of others and is extremely grateful for them and for the continuing work of Polk to provide, maintain, and improve this forum for us.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Likeing the blue over the red.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    yeah, close enough for Government work : - )
    I was lookin' for font colors on the tools right here on the forum and failed to find 'em.

i really hope your other eye grows back... is your left ear missing too?

:D

• TurboGTU
    TurboGTU Posts: 187
    Options
    Really need a forwarder from the old url to the new, or at least put on that message the new url. I have been checking that page for a week now and just seeing a quick upgrade, nothing saying that the url would not be valid anymore.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Options
    If red is preferred, making it a burgundy color still has a Polk identity, just softens the eye strain issue.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
This discussion has been closed.