Just another on a very long list of what's wrong with this format.

F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,708
It has come to my attention that there are members that cannot even log in!!!

I tried it myself from a different computer, nope can't log in.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Yep, I posted that I can,t log in on my PC, only on my iPad, and iPhone..
  • Hello,
    Give them my email address and, if they can, a screen shot of what they are experiencing. Also they don't want to use a previous bookmark, but use www.polkaudio.com
    Regards, Ken
  • Toolfan66
    edited August 2014
    Ken, on my end with my PC, I'm seeing the new home screen, and when I hit login I'm getting the window to log in but when I put in my info it does not recognize my login info..
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    These are the lucky ones. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    No problem logging in with a laptop here -- my phone isn't even as smart as I am, so that's a non-issue for me...
  • I'll forward this to Bruno.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    Clear your cookies

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    If this is the official "New layout **** thread", then here's mine:
    The new emoticons are G-A-Y! I am NOT an 8 year old girl!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited August 2014
    obieone wrote: »
    The new emoticons are G-A-Y! I am NOT an 8 year old girl!

Can you prove that ? ;)

Agree though....

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2014
    You can easily change your avatar -- note my masculine (if perhaps visually impaired) smiley avatar; carefully chosen as an ironic homage to my Baltimoron heritage (I say ironic 'cause the original National Boh was certainly in the running for the worst beer on this or any other nearby planet).
  • CoolJazz
    CoolJazz Posts: 569
    I've been unable to log in for days. But I just learned something...

In Win7 I can get in! Trouble was out of XP using IE8. I had cleared cookies and tried everyway I could think of. I was on the new, changed address.

Please, no need to suggest changing browser...you'll be cheerfully ignored. If something doesn't work with the world's leading browser, it's not worth bothering with. I tell them the same at work about using Chrome for our email. NFW. I haven't and I won't even there.

CJ

PS...thanks for the hand Jesse.

A so called science type proudly says... "I do realize that I would fool myself all the time, about listening conclusions and many other observations, if I did listen before buying. That’s why I don’t, I bought all of my current gear based on technical parameters alone, such as specs and measurements."
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2014
    Unless something is done quickly, this forum will exist as a mere shell of what it once was. You can tell by the number of migrations so far that there is major issues finding the site and then finding a way back onto it. I had no idea myself that it was back open if I hadn't seen Mark H. give out the new link over on AK to someone having issues. With no mention of how to migrate from the old site, it will be slow growth at best.

I'm all for accepting mobile on ramps, but given the most recent poll on forum users age, and the nature of what we discuss on here, the golden age of home audio/theater and car audio has reached its zenith and there aren't many left out there except the old farts that care about this stuff and a mobile on ramp won't make a difference, especially if none of us VBulletin users stick around to help newbies. I left other HT forum sites in the past over poor forum upgrades, as it killed their base. No threat intended, just history repeating itself.

So far, except for the lack of advertising posts, this feels more like Facebook than a forum to me.
    Post edited by Dennis Gardner on
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    You can easily change your avatar -- note my masculine (if perhaps visually impaired) smiley avatar; carefully chosen as an ironic homage to my Baltimoron heritage (I say ironic 'cause the original National Boh was certainly in the running for the worst beer on this or any other nearby planet).

Perhaps running neck and neck with Carling's Black Label, another that was brewed in the "Land of Pleasant Living". (c:

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    Same here! I didn't know the site was back up till I saw a post about it on another site! lol Not very smart thing to not put a message on the old site. Instead of Pat's message. Who is at the wheel again here?!?
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    What happened to the group's such as the SDA owners group that Lasereth started or the RTIA owners group?

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited August 2014
    windows XP and IE8 are unsupported at this time so eventually u will have to get an update... Lots of newer browser based apps DO NOT work with them. They are also very UNSECURE and could lead to vulnerabilities that could compromise your personal information... Hackers are looking for XP computers on line so they can screw with them... The Target breech was due to an XP computer. I strongly advise anyone using XP to upgrade asap and the same with IE 8... You are at risk... Search the webs and read up.

There are just a few articles on it

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=xp security risks&safe=off
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    edited August 2014
    CoolJazz wrote: »
    IIf something doesn't work with the world's leading browser, it's not worth bothering with.

http://internet-browser-review.toptenreviews.com/

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    agfrost wrote: »
    CoolJazz wrote: »
    IIf something doesn't work with the world's leading browser, it's not worth bothering with.

http://internet-browser-review.toptenreviews.com/

IE 8 is not "the worlds leading browser" except to hackers ...they love it the best!

XP and IE 8 is trouble...

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • BlueFox
    Issues, in no particular order.

1. Ugly format. Red text on white background hurts the eyes
    2. Avatars are displayed on Recent Discussions thread pages for starter and recent poster. Adds to cluttered look. Just display avatar for a post.
    3. Asinine, childish, immature censorship enforced. P i r a t e is offensive?
    4. Location removed from profile
    5. No widescreen on either PC or mobile devices.
    6. New Posts option missing
    7. Categories needs to be on left side of screen, not right.
    8. Categories needs to be better formatted, or laid out.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    This new site bites the big one !!!!!!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2014
    gdb wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Perhaps running neck and neck with Carling's Black Label, another that was brewed in the "Land of Pleasant Living". (c:
    heh --- I grew up none too far from the big ol' Carling plant by the Beltway. That once-iconic plant was located right on the banks of the Patapsco River (or, as the locals would have it, the "Pah-tap-see-co". We always kind of speculated that, just perhaps, that -- ahem -- spicy river water might be makin' it into those bottles of Black Label! It would explain a lot...

Beer_138_Baltimore_Carling_1960s.jpg
    image source: http://www.kilduffs.com/American_Brewery_Baltimore.html
  • gudnoyez
    It would be nice to bring back the new post or today's post categories back that way you don't have to go to each individual category to find the latest posts!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• gudnoyez
    edited August 2014
    I take that back its now called recent discussions it's all good pretty much got this new place all figured out B)
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Well we know one thing, everyone with complaints has at least figured out how to create new threads...
  • Toolfan66
    Well we know one thing, everyone with complaints has at least figured out how to create new threads...

And you can't spell AsSiMiLaTeD without A.s.S...

LOL!!! J/K big guy!!! :-)
  • falconcry72
    falconcry72 Posts: 3,580
    edited August 2014

lol, no ****. **** pussies. I figured out every function within maybe 5-10 minutes of playing around... most of the complaints here are completely moronic. I do want a widescreen option though...

edit: and even if I don't get my widescreen option, I really don't give a ****; it's funny how all the old geezers who normally bust people's balls for being too touchy have now turned into whiney little ****. **** ****.
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Uh oh, the "P" word is not blocked, for shame... B)
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    edited August 2014

lol, no ****. **** pussies. I figured out every function within maybe 5-10 minutes of playing around... most of the complaints here are completely moronic. I do want a widescreen option though...

edit: and even if I don't get my widescreen option, I really don't give a ****; it's funny how all the old geezers who normally bust people's balls for being too touchy have now turned into whiney little ****. **** ****.

Aside from the whining. If I was Polk Audio. I would want a website that was top notch. That had features that made sense to it's users. I would have done more testing or research on what I was upgrading to prior. Some words are censored while "pussies" is not? That is a good example of how much thought went into developing this site! lol

My only real gripe is the lack of widescreen option I guess. I guess the other issues we just have to learn to deal with ehh? New users will adapt...yeah. Seems to me Polk should invest more in their web development.

EDIT: And why the hell is the edit button up top?!?

--Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • BlueFox
    Don't try to be reasonable. It just confuses 'The Stupid People'. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • falconcry72
    falconcry72 Posts: 3,580
    halo71 wrote: »

Aside from the whining. If I was Polk Audio. I would want a website that was top notch. That had features that made sense to it's users. I would have done more testing or research on what I was upgrading to prior. Some words are censored while "pussies" is not? That is a good example of how much thought went into developing this site! lol

My only real gripe is the lack of widescreen option I guess. I guess the other issues we just have to learn to deal with ehh? New users will adapt...yeah. Seems to me Polk should invest more in their web development.

EDIT: And why the hell is the edit button up top?!?

Ok, you would have done more testing/research. Well Polk didn't. Do I give a ****? No. Why? Because it's a **** audio site where I come to waste time.

2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
This discussion has been closed.