Short, shameful confessions

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    edited June 2014
    duplicate sorry have no idea what happened....
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    edited June 2014
    NAD Electronics International · 633 Granite Court · Pickering, Ontario L1W 3K1 · Canada

Tel: (905) 831-6555 • Fax: (905) 831-6936 • NAD Support Center • Copyright © 1998–2014 NAD Electronics
    A member of the Lenbrook Group of Companies, which includes PSB Speakers - Music and Home Theatre Loudspeakers

I think I remember reading where its all canuckistan now
  • audiocr381ve
    audiocr381ve Posts: 2,588
    edited June 2014
    I have sharted more times than I care to admit..
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    edited June 2014
    I love Guiness....but in a pinch (aka broke) Coors is my beer of choice.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited June 2014
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Until today, I didn't know NAD was a Canadian owned company apparently, nifty.

So is PeachTree, and a very good company and great people & service! 2 of the guys that worked their called me about a simple problem i had and 1 of them use to live about 4 miles away from me, now living in Canada working for Peachtree
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • bobsauto49
    bobsauto49 Posts: 973
    edited June 2014
    I have a short pec*ker!

There, it's short and shameful;( as the title reads;)
    "Everything I ever did in my life worthwhile I caught hell for"
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited June 2014
    I have sharted more times than I care to admit..

You know, California has laws against such environmentally unfriendly acts of nature. LOL
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    edited June 2014
    I secretly listen to Taylor Swift..and Katy Perry...
    Oh and I secretly hate the restricted pic size here..Sorry not secretly..lol
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • Timothy Smith
    Timothy Smith Posts: 764
    edited June 2014
    I dream about playing tambourine in a Partridge Family "tribute" group on the grocery store parking lot carnival circuit. SHOWBIZ BAYBEEEEEE !
    Norh ACA-2B tube pre, Sumo Andromeda SS amp. Magneplanar MMG speakers, M&K MX1250 Subwoofer, Pro-Ject RM1.3 Genie TT with Sumiko Pearl MM cart., Keces DAC, Cambridge Audio Azur 640c CD player
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited June 2014
    I took a Tootsie-roll and ate it when grocery shopping. Does that make me a thief?
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited June 2014
    I like smooth jazz....but it has to be 'good' smooth jazz :cheesygrin:

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    edited June 2014
    I HATED Pacific Rim. You guys started a thread about that movie and everyone here seemed to love it. I so badly wanted to like it because I LOVE good SciFi. It was awful! I thought the idea was awesome, but I hated it with every ounce of my being. The acting was so terrible that it made me want to gouge out my eyes. If I won a karma giveaway for that movie, I'd pay to NOT receive it.
  • audiocr381ve
    edited June 2014
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I HATED Pacific Rim. You guys started a thread about that movie and everyone here seemed to love it. I so badly wanted to like it because I LOVE good SciFi. It was awful! I thought the idea was awesome, but I hated it with every ounce of my being. The acting was so terrible that it made me want to gouge out my eyes. If I won a karma giveaway for that movie, I'd pay to NOT receive it.

COULDN'T AGREE MORE. I tried to watch it twice knowing how many people loved it and just couldn't get into it.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited June 2014
    If I won a karma giveaway for that movie, I'd pay to NOT receive it.
    I happen to have a copy that I'm karma'ing and YOU'RE the winner! I'll PM you my address to send the check.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    edited June 2014
    ^^^^I wanted to do that!
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • Hermitism
    edited June 2014
    I NEVER ENTERED ANY SUCH GIVEAWAY! I don't even think Hard-R nudity could have saved that movie for me.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited June 2014
    I NEVER ENTERED ANY SUCH GIVEAWAY! I don't even think Hard-R nudity could have saved that movie for me.

But what if it was on VHS :smile:...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Hermitism
    edited June 2014
    Even my trusty VCR that nbrowser lusts over would have failed that movie! The movie did sound good, I'll give it that...well, if you could have muted all the voices of the bad actors.
  • Hermitism
    edited June 2014
    That movie had a great director and a great premise. I thought the robot thingies were cool, but I HATED the actors and thought the monsters should have been more Pans Labyrinth-like. That movie had some cool looking creatures. Unfortunately I speak very little Spanish. Actually maybe if I watched Pacific Rim in Spanish with subtitles I might love it!
  • Hermitism
    edited June 2014
    DSkip wrote: »
    Pans labyrinth.... What a spectacular movie. Not exactly horrifying, but a lot going on that just sticks with you. One of a handful of movies I truly didn't mind subtitles for.

Agreed. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was another one I liked that had subtitles. All my friends crack on me for liking that movie. They thought it was like watching ballet.

Edit: The only thing I like better than Asian women, are Asian women with swords.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited June 2014
    anonymouse wrote: »
    I thoroughly enjoy the BOSE sound system in my Chevy Silverado. There, I said it.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
    The Bose in my g37 is one of the best stock systems I've heard. Doesn't hurt that there are two 10" subs in my doors.

So should you.

The rest of you stop hijacking the thread with your whining about a movie.

There's a whole forum for that. >:(
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • DMara
    DMara Posts: 1,434
    edited June 2014
    ^^^ I don't like this guy ^^^ :lol:
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000
  • Jstas
    edited June 2014
    I once bought a 500 pack of specific round rubber bands because the RCA VCR I had broke a belt there was no replacement available. The only reason that VCR is no longer in used is because the reader head finally died and I could not find a replacement for less than the price of a mid-market DVD player in 2002.

• Jstas
    edited June 2014
    I own 4 VCRs. 3 of them work. One is a dual-deck VCR.

• Hermitism
    edited June 2014
    Jstas wrote: »
    There's a whole forum for that. >:(

Your smiley face has now made me hungry for Pringles. :smile:

p.JPG
    p.JPG 21.8K
  • Hermitism
    edited June 2014
  • JimKellyfan
    JimKellyfan Posts: 696
    edited June 2014
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Well you can always call the cops on us!!

HAHAHA!!!

J/K wasn't deliberately trying to derail the thread...

Yeah, I just thought it was wicked ironic and funny...
    My donut shop was Donuts Delite...
    Somethin you don't believe you did younger, and as especially odd as that was, and actually someone else doin the same thing...
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Main - polkaudio Monitor 60's
    Center - polkaudio CSI A6
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Surrounds - polkaudio Monitor 40 series II
    Front Height - polkaudio Monitor 40's
    Audio Outdoors
    Pioneer VSX 406 - polkaudio Atrium 5
    Shed
    Sony junker str-dn2010 with Sony bookshelf floor models and polkaudio R150's
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited June 2014
    Your smiley face has now made me hungry for Pringles. :smile:

p.JPG

Hungry for Pringles? That's a confessable sin right there. Those things have the same nutritional value as 30-year-old flaking paint.

The Cheesy ones aren't all that bad though.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited June 2014
    I've been debating selling my entire rig for the last two months and starting over. I'm not thrilled about where it's at.

You don't need to get so EMO over it DSkip.... I am sure things will all work out. The Ushers are keepers from what I understand, as are the Douglas cables...

What do you think is missing?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audiocr381ve
    edited June 2014
    I've been debating selling my entire rig for the last two months and starting over. I'm not thrilled about where it's at.

Could you be more specific? What is it not giving you that you want?