Short, shameful confessions

Options

Comments

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I really don't believe that cables matter.

I just like the expensive ones because they are shiny and pretty.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I really don't believe that cables matter.

I just like the expensive ones because they are shiny and pretty.

Ha! I knew it!

:-)

So.....here's some, listed by a fellow Polkie that you should love:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321283919727?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,001
    edited June 2014
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    I printed out a whole roll of "villain" posts and use them as toilet paper.

You too, eh!?! :cheesygrin:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,223
    edited June 2014
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    I printed out a whole roll of "villain" posts and use them as toilet paper.

I would rather use 80 grit sandpaper....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited June 2014
    Options
    teekay0007 wrote: »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321283919727?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks for the recommendation, but those cables actually cost 7.6% less than the ones I have now, and that is just based on my cable's 2008 retail price. If the 2008 price is adjusted for inflation, the eBay cables cost 16% less than mine. They are also nowhere near as shiny and pretty as my AudioQuest perfect surface silver 72V DBS speaker cables.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,747
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    I still have my Sony, Super Beta. Does that count as a shameful confession, John? :wink:

I still have 2 functioning VHS machines. Don't watch many movies anymore on tape, but I've heard VCRs make for an excellent source for analog audio. I may have to experiment with this one of these days and find out for myself.

depend-300x191.jpg
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,800
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendation, but those cables actually cost 7.6% less than the ones I have now, and that is just based on my cable's 2008 retail price. If the 2008 price is adjusted for inflation, the eBay cables cost 16% less than mine. They are also nowhere near as shiny and pretty as my AudioQuest perfect surface silver 72V DBS speaker cables.
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    Ha! I knew it!

:-)

if you play your cards right PFB will muck up the sale and then they're 99.9% cheaper than any cable you have.....bahahaaha
  • Jstas
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I once watched 4 other co-workers hatch a plan to **** in the chair of a 5th co-worker of ours that was not exactly the easiest guy to get along with. For months, every time someone had to **** and he wasn't at his desk, one of them would run over, sit down and rip one, giggle and leave.

I said and did nothing. <--- that's the shameful part

One day, there was a brand new chair in plastic wrap at his desk when we came in that morning. When he showed up he said "Good! It's finally here!" I asked "What's that for?" He said "Something is wrong with my chair. It stinks."

I laughed and laughed and laughed. <-- that's the other shameful part

Good times. Good times.

• Jstas
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Sometimes...in the elevator...I pretend I'm a Jedi when the doors are opening and closing.

If somebody says something, I wave my hand and tell them these aren't the droids they are looking for.

If they say something else, I wave me hand again and tell them there's no need to bother me any longer.

If they say something else, I wave my hand yet again and say they can be on their way.

It doesn't work as often as you'd think it would.

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Sometimes I don't like the way the bread aisle smells, but I'm not ashamed of it.
  • Lord Vader
    Lord Vader Posts: 167
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    Sometimes...in the elevator...I pretend I'm a Jedi when the doors are opening and closing.

If somebody says something, I wave my hand and tell them these aren't the droids they are looking for.

If they say something else, I wave me hand again and tell them there's no need to bother me any longer.

If they say something else, I wave my hand yet again and say they can be on their way.

It doesn't work as often as you'd think it would.

Join me and I will complete your training....
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited July 2014
    Options
    ^^^^^^^

LOL that's funny!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,223
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I love the BeeGees and ABBA...

Ok, and Air Supply, but that's it.

Ummmm, and Hall and Oates, but no more.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,913
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hey man, "She's gone" is a great song by H&O.

I also like Ambrosia....remember them ? Harmonizing 101 for the younger crowd.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,148
    edited July 2014
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    I also like Ambrosia....remember them ?

Oh damn....Yeah but those were groove songs with your gal
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • kdblove_99
    kdblove_99 Posts: 107
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Ok. I guess i will say it. My 2 favorite movies are Fight Club and Pulp Fiction...
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I recently cheated during a "step contest" in which I competed against my friends wife on who could log the most steps in a week on our fitbit trackers. I figured out that if you paperclip it to a fan, the vibrations will rack up the steps for you!
  • kdblove_99
    kdblove_99 Posts: 107
    edited July 2014
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    I have a crush on Zooey Deschanel...

yeah seems like a lot do. I don't get it
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,980
    edited July 2014
    Options
    kdblove_99 wrote: »
    Ok. I guess i will say it. My 2 favorite movies are Fight Club and Pulp Fiction...

Never watched Fight Club, but Pulp Fiction is one of my favorites too ... Bagdad Caf
    Alea jacta est!
  • Jstas
    edited July 2014
    Options
    grimmace19 wrote: »
    I recently cheated during a "step contest" in which I competed against my friends wife on who could log the most steps in a week on our fitbit trackers. I figured out that if you paperclip it to a fan, the vibrations will rack up the steps for you!

That's awesome.

• Sci-fi Polk Guy
    Sci-fi Polk Guy Posts: 194
    edited July 2014
    Options
    1. I use a Monster Cable component video cable as interconnects for the front three channels of my system.
    2. I eat mayo, ketchup, mustard and relish on my hot dogs.
    3. I look at the gear that most of you guys have, and it almost makes me shake my head in shame when I look at my gear.
    Paradigm 11seMkIII mains, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Paradigm CC 450 center, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Polk Audio RTi6 surrounds
    Paradigm SE sub
    Sony BDP S5100 blu-ray player
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
    Audioquest Evergreen IC's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,913
    edited July 2014
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Oh damn....Yeah but those were groove songs with your gal

Yeah...so ? Hey man, there's a song for every purpose. lol

Paradise by the dashboard lights ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited July 2014
    Options

Nothing wrong in liking groups that have actual singing talent!
    tonyb wrote: »
    Yeah...so ? Hey man, there's a song for every purpose. lol

Paradise by the dashboard lights ?

ERRR Tony do you really want to choose that song considering the ending to it? Five minutes of Paradise... stuck in a lifetime of misery! LOL!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    edited July 2014
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    One of our new employees was in for training. We have a conference room where they train in at one end of a long hallway. On the other end is the President's office. He needed to let some air out, so he walked down the hall, straight into the President's office, and let it rip. He didn't realize that the President was IN his office, sitting in his highback chair with his back to the door...

I'll bet he ate some crow for that one!! I wasn't going to respond to this,but here goes..My wife and myself were at the grocery store getting supplies when all of a sudden..I really had to let go...we were in the produce and fruit section..too crowded to let go there..so I gritted my teeth till I found an empty aisle....ran down to the middle and cut loose...it was awful..fanned the air so it wouldnt trail,and got the hell out of there...my wife and me passed that aisle about a minute after and saw the sweetest old lady standing right where I had done the deed...fanning the air,face all squenched up,and I could swear I could see her mouth the words O My! That poor lady was probably trying to figure where that stink was coming from in the middle of an empty aisle ....I felt sorry for that poor lady...but the situation was hilarious.....
  • Jstas
    edited July 2014
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    ERRR Tony do you really want to choose that song considering the ending to it? Five minutes of Paradise... stuck in a lifetime of misery! LOL!

Yeah, I know! Everybody LOVES that song and holds it up as a teenaged anthem for getting lucky! Then I tell them "You know....it's about a dude getting a girl knocked up in his car...right?"

The looks on peoples' faces is classic when you remind them of the lyrics.

• Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    Yeah, I know! Everybody LOVES that song and holds it up as a teenaged anthem for getting lucky! Then I tell them "You know....it's about a dude getting a girl knocked up in his car...right?"

The looks on peoples' faces is classic when you remind them of the lyrics.

Those lyrics might have been the inspiration for the show Married With Children.....
  • GospelTruth
    GospelTruth Posts: 403
    edited July 2014
    Options

My wife and I just saw Air Supply this past year. She wanted to go and I have to admit, they sounded pretty dang good after all these years!

I'm sure there's all kinds of music that I listen to now and again that would be considered a "shameful" confession. I can't tell you how much razzing I've received from friends (and my wife) for listinening to Celine Dion, Belinda Carlisle, Richard Marx, One Direction... what the heck, how'd that last one get on the list?
    Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Patty Smyth is still my favorite female singer!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Green '01
    Green '01 Posts: 60
    edited July 2014
    Options
    ^^^^ Wore out a cassette tape of Scandal, listening to Patty Smyth sing The Warrior.
  • Jstas
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I like Wilson Phillips.

Chynna Phillips is pretty hot too.

005.jpg